Anyone signing up for the Uplay+ free trial?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Anyone signing up for the Uplay+ free trial?

Post by jztemple2 »

So, this Uplay+ offer... anyone going to give it a try? It will be free for most of the month of September.
What should I know about the Uplay+ service?

ANSWER:
At Ubisoft, we have been creating worlds for over 30 years, leading to a rich and diverse library of games – with Uplay+, we are making it even easier to access our catalogue of new releases, beloved franchises and classic Ubisoft titles.

Uplay+ subscription will allow you to download games from the Uplay+ catalogue at no additional cost beyond the $14.99/month price point.
Downloaded games will be accessible for the duration of the subscription.

The subscription service will debut on September 3, 2019 for Windows PC.
It will also be available on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia, in 2020.
You can subscribe on the website or on Uplay PC by clicking on the Uplay+ tab.
How does it work exactly – will the games be streamed or downloaded? Will I have to buy games in addition to my subscription?
Uplay+ subscription will allow players to download games from the Uplay+ catalogue at no additional cost beyond the $14.99/month price point. Downloaded games will be accesable for the duration of your subcription.

Can players subscribe to Uplay+ now?
Players can sign up for the Uplay+ Free Access Program* to benefit from a free trial of Uplay+. This free trial will run from September 3rd to September 30th. Their subscription will be renewed automatically on October 1st for just $14.99/month, and each month thereafter, so that they can continue enjoying their gaming experience, or they can cancel before the end of their trial.
*One free trial per Ubisoft Account from September 3rd to 30th, 2019. To begin free trial, you must provide a valid credit or debit card. You will be charged the full amount of the subscription price ($14.99 per month) on expiration of the free trial on October 1, 2019, unless you cancel before September 30th – 11.59pm, by visiting uplayplus.ubisoft.com. Additional terms and conditions apply including age and territorial restrictions; for more information please visit the FAQ section on uplayplus.ubisoft.com.This is a promotional offer and is subject to change. Void where prohibited.

What version of games Uplay+ subscribers will be able to play?
Uplay+ subscribers will have access to the most premium game editions, additional content such as DLCs and expansions, and automatic inclusion in all early access and beta programs where applicable.

Will Uplay+ allow players access to Season Pass and DLC content?
Yes, Uplay+ will give players access to additional content (DLCs, expansions) where applicable . In this case, additional content will be directly added in the library for the duration of the subscription.

Is Uplay+ available on all Platforms?
Uplay+ will be available on September 3, 2019 for Windows PC. Uplay+ will also be available on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia, in 2020.
I'm thinking I will, but on the other hand I already own all the Ubisoft games I've wanted and there are only two upcoming that I care about. I do like the feature of getting access to DLC and expansions as part of the subscription.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Re: Anyone signing up for the Uplay+ free trial?

Post by Daehawk »

These services are too expensive for me. The only one I ever got to try was the EA one. My wife got it for me in DEC. I played Mass Effect Andromeda and finished it. I then cancelled it even before she passed.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
morlac

Post by morlac »

I cancelled my EA one after getting burnt out on Anthem and Battlefield. It was a good deal for when I was subbed though, I'm just better about cancelling when not playing now. I still have my MS gamepass going as it is the best deal in gaming.

This one looks pretty solid seeing as I haven't bought or played Division 2 or Farcy 5/New Dawn. That's about $80 worth of gaming if all bought on sale so no reason not go for the free month at least.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am pretty sure I have purchased and completed everything I care about in ubisoft's library so no point for me.
morlac wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:27 am I still have my MS gamepass going as it is the best deal in gaming.
I think I kept gamepass for about 4 days. Looking at the list available on PC I could get some use out of it, but for some reason the idea of picking from a limited library bothers me. I am not an experimental gamer. I know what I want to play and there is enough of that to fill up my gaming time. I am unlikely to try anything unknown making these sub services less valuable to me.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 am I am pretty sure I have purchased and completed everything I care about in ubisoft's library so no point for me.
morlac wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:27 am I still have my MS gamepass going as it is the best deal in gaming.
I think I kept gamepass for about 4 days. Looking at the list available on PC I could get some use out of it, but for some reason the idea of picking from a limited library bothers me. I am not an experimental gamer. I know what I want to play and there is enough of that to fill up my gaming time. I am unlikely to try anything unknown making these sub services less valuable to me.
Should have clarified.

Gamepass for Xbox is the best deal in gaming :).
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yep if you have an Xbox, Game Pass is awesome. Saved me so much money because I never finish these games anyway and I always have something new to try.
Black Lives Matter