Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Empire of Sin - Upcoming strategy game from Paradox Interactive

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Empire of Sin - Upcoming strategy game from Paradox Interactive

Post by jztemple2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Empire of Sin- an exciting character-driven strategy game set in 1920s Chicago will be coming to PC, Mac, Switch, Xbox and PlayStation consoles in Spring 2020. Find out more: https://www.empireofsingame.com

In Empire of Sin, players build their own ruthless criminal empire as one of 14 distinct bosses vying to run the seedy underworld of organized crime in the city. With randomly generated starting conditions, players will have to adapt to survive and do whatever it takes to outsmart, out-gun and outlast their opponents.
Has kind of an XCOM look to the tactical combat, but what doesn't these days? Still, looks like an interesting take on the genre and who doesn't like a good gangster game?

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

"A plan is a list of things that go wrong. I like to keep my lists short. Just be ready." - Rico Rodriguez

Sepiche
Loading…

Re: Empire of Sin - Upcoming strategy game from Paradox Interactive

Post by Sepiche » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

It's a good premise for a game, but this is a bit out of Paradox's usual wheelhouse and I can think of a number of failed attempts of similar style games before. Definitely keep my eyes on this though. It takes them a few tries sometimes, but Paradox usually gets it right eventually.

Isgrimnur
Snooze

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Wiki
Empire of Sin is an upcoming video game being developed by Romero Games and published by Paradox Interactive
Wiki: Romero Games
Romero Games Ltd. is an independent game studio that was established on August 11, 2015 by John Romero along with his wife Brenda Romero and is located in Galway, Ireland.
The studio's first game was an HD, re-skinned Dangerous Dave in the Deserted Pirate's Hideout which added new graphics and music to the classic platformer that he had designed and released in 1990, but was released on mobile. The studio's second game, Gunman Taco Truck, was released on January 28, 2017 on Steam (Windows and Mac) and for the iPhone and Android devices.

Sepiche
Loading…

Post by Sepiche » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Wiki
Empire of Sin is an upcoming video game being developed by Romero Games and published by Paradox Interactive
Wiki: Romero Games
Romero Games Ltd. is an independent game studio that was established on August 11, 2015 by John Romero along with his wife Brenda Romero and is located in Galway, Ireland.
The studio's first game was an HD, re-skinned Dangerous Dave in the Deserted Pirate's Hideout which added new graphics and music to the classic platformer that he had designed and released in 1990, but was released on mobile. The studio's second game, Gunman Taco Truck, was released on January 28, 2017 on Steam (Windows and Mac) and for the iPhone and Android devices.
Ooooohhhh... caveat emptor.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 pm

I wish you didn't have to do the battles. Just control the gang and send them out on missions. only do combat if you want to. Turned based combat bores me these days when in the 90s it was my favorite part.

https://www.pcgamer.com/john-romeros-gr ... re-of-sin/

lol....
John Romero's great-grandmother is an underworld boss in Empire of Sin
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk