Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Buatha

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

Post by Buatha »

I've been waiting for this one for some time after visiting their booth at PAX over a year ago. The game is unique in visual style and just oozes atmosphere. I hope the gameplay lives up to it:

Steam
Delve into a role-playing game of horror, loss and madness set in the strange worlds of HP Lovecraft. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones offers a mix of rich role-playing and turn-based tactical combat, represented in an illustrative visual style. Can you find salvation in a dead world?
"Some people say never...I just say no"
dbemont

Re: Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

Post by dbemont »

Yeah, not sure when or where, but I watched some gameplay way back, and it looked really great. Definitely near the top of my wish list.
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
Jag

Post by Jag »

Played the demo the other day from Steam. Not my cup of tea. Too wordy, too gothic, too dark. But if that's your thing, then it may be perfect for you!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Thank goodness there's a demo, it let me know that this was not for me in spite of my interest in practically all things Lovecraftian. And I didn't even make it to the combat, which I've read is the weakest part of the game. :(
-mf
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

I guess I'm a sucker for the weird. I know the art style and game mechanics are atypical, but I figured it would appeal to Cthulhu cultists. I will jump on the grenade for this one then.
"Some people say never...I just say no"