Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Post by Jaymann »

Having exhausted Dishonored and Dishonored 2, I started this one (released in 2017). It is slimmed down a bit - Mana always regens (no mana vials), no runes, no blueprints (upgrades appear automatically at the black market). It has bone charms though, but no heart to point them out. Also, you can obtain additional contracts. I like the main weapon, and you can pick up an upgrade that allows you to use a lot of random items as ammo. Seems like less hand holding here but the game is solid.
Last edited by Jaymann on Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jolor

Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Post by Jolor »

Just started this, as well, and am in agreement with all you've said. One of the powers let's you sense all items you can pick up in the area (food, weapons, notes) so I use this to locate bone charms.

Just started to 2nd mission but I've already been reminded that the guards are deadlier early on before I've had the chance to power up my skills.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

I thought I had just gotten better at the gameplay with Dishonored 2 but now I'm just thinking that it's more forgiving.

Death of the Outsider reminds me more of the first Dishonored in that there (seem to be) more guards and that your starting character is more under-powered.

I'm definitely backing off and looking for alternative strategies, memorising guards' patterns, and using the available chloroform/etc. bottles.

I'm very interested in how the gameplay progresses.

Cleaning up contracts at the end of mission 2 at present.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I finished the game on full chaos. I am interested in doing a stealth/low chaos run, but a lot of the contracts are based on killing, so I will earn much less. Though you can skip a lot of upgrades based on killing. At least you can rob the black markets without killing.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter