Mortal Kombat series

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

McNutt

Mortal Kombat series

Post by McNutt »

I recently bought a PC controller and purchased Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. This is an old iteration of the game, but it had a ton of characters that I liked from the last version of MK that I played - MK III when I was in college in the 90s.

Back in the day I was very good at MK. I could whoop ass with the best of them. 25 years later and age has caught up with me. My reflexes aren't as fast now and I find myself hitting block long after I took a massive hit. The good news is that MKK is a shitload of fun and totally scratched that MK itch I'd been having.

What is the verdict on MK X and MX 11? I was on Steam and saw that each game had tons of extra DLC (boo!). That was the reason I bought MKK. It's all inclusive.
joesmith

Re: Mortal Kombat series

Post by joesmith »

Haven’t played it yet but for the most part it looks really good. My only problem is how some characters such as sub zero and scorpion are really good because of how fast they are, and kotal Kahn and other slow characters are suffering because of how slow their attacks are. I might be wrong but I feel like it’s always been a problem. Such as injustices 2 when flash was a god but swamp thing and atrocities were hard to play right in high-level play, the exception to this was bane but even he had flaws. However mortal kombats new fighting system is great and I really think that they did put a lot of work on it. The fatal blows are a great comeback move when the fight is getting intense. All in all I can’t wait to see what they do with the game and the upcoming dlc.