New Battlefront 2 content: The Rise of Skywalker

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jag

New Battlefront 2 content: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Jag »

Not sure if people are playing but BF2 is really really good right now. No microtransactions required. They just released the Celebration upgrade which is all the cosmetics in the game. That's it, no PTW. I bought Celebration because it's fucking SW and I want it all.

Regardless the game is full of people, not grindy at all and just damn fun right now.

All in game footage.
Jag

Re: New Battlefront 2 content: The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Jag »

New Community Update. They are just giving away tons of free content. I'm having so much fun with this game and I usually hate multiplayer FPS.

[url=[/url]
disarm

Post by disarm »

That does look pretty damn cool and pushes pretty much all the right buttons for this Star Wars fan. Very tempting...
Zitterbacke

Post by Zitterbacke »

I've heard lots of people went from BattleField-V to BattleFront-2 after DICE messed with BF-V again and are having a great time. They suspect EA to get some pressure from Disney, which BF-V won't get, so things get done... I checked on HumbleBundles EA-holiday sale: BattleField 1 = $5, BattleFront 2 = $25. I pass. For a tenner I would have hit it.
Gaming? Nope, I'm into Bitwig.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

FWIW I really don't play multiplayer FPS anymore unless it's coop with friends, but I do enjoy hopping on SW Battlefront once in a while for good, mindless Star Wars fun.
Jag

Post by Jag »

It's also triple xp right now so a great time to level up very quickly.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Another massive free Battlefront Content update today!

The Age of Rebellion
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
The Age of Rebellion update arrives tomorrow, February 26 and with it, a great selection of new content.
We’ve got Age of Rebellion Co-Op locations (7 in total!), two new Reinforcements in the form of the Ewok Hunter and ISB Agent, 4 new Blasters, 4 Capital Ships for Co-Op, Hero improvements, AI upgrades and two new Heroes Vs. Villains maps.
It’s a packed month for Star Wars™ Battlefront II, let’s dive straight in.
The game is freaking $10 and zero microtransactions. It is better now than ever. What are you waiting for? Co-Op is so much fun and I normally hate multiplayer games.

Nice update to the rocket trooper

The new ISB Agent taking down a trooper (in game shot)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Was this the game with the female Imperial single player? If so was the single player a good single player game on its own? It wasn't just tacked on was it or just you vs bots? There was a story and cinematics?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:37 pm Was this the game with the female Imperial single player? If so was the single player a good single player game on its own? It wasn't just tacked on was it or just you vs bots? There was a story and cinematics?
It has a short single player campaign. It's a full game campaign, cinematics and storyline. It introduces a character called Commander Iden Versio, the leader of an Imperial Special Ops team called Inferno Squad. It was well done and written soley for BF2, but short. The campaign alone is probably worth the price, but the other content is where the game really shines.

I mention co-op because it's a fast game vs bots that you can jump in or out of. It's you and 3 other real players on the same team or if there are not enough players, you will have AI teammates. Co-op is also objective based and the AI is actually really good giving some real nail biting moments. Co-op also counts as multiplayer so you earn unlocks/xp as if you were in any of the mp modes.