[PC] Temtem - pokemon-like MMO (Early Access)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

[PC] Temtem - pokemon-like MMO (Early Access)

Post by coopasonic »

I picked this up this weekend with a little discount code(upcoming18 or 18upcoming, something like that) on greenman.

It is not quite a pokemon clone, but it is pretty damn close. The biggest difference I have noticed so far is that instead of you having a limited number of uses of each move you have a stamina bar and each move consumes a certain amount of stamina. Using a move you don't have the stamina for will damage your tem. The other interesting thing is that your tem have randomized traits so two tems of the same type won't necessarily perform the same as a trait may make them stronger or weaker. Also the battle are generally 2v2 and there are some synergies between tem that can some pairs better than they should be.

In the stuff that is same as pokemon, you wander in tall grass to find wild tems to capture. If you move in front of an NPC you can expect a battle. When a tem gets knocked out you can rotate in another tem. Each village has a place to heal up your tems and move them in and out of storage. The story involves battling increasingly difficult gym leaders for some reason. Basically if it is in a pokemon game, it's probably in temtem.

The game is in early access with reportedly about 50% of the content currently available. I don't really know what the MMO portion of the game consists of. You see other players running around but I haven't tried interacting with them. I've only played for a couple of hours. The game runs smoothly and I didn't run into any issues. I heard the launch was rough but they apparently got through that pretty quickly.

The art seems pretty reminiscent of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I am just glad it is not pixel art.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Eel Snave

Re: [PC] Temtem - pokemon-like MMO (Early Access)

Post by Eel Snave »

I just picked this up myself. They added a new island and the price went up slightly, so I figure I'll buy now before it goes up some more (question mark?).
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I'm quite interested in this and will definitely play it with my boy, but I try not to buy early access games in general. Can you go through the campaign cooperatively with someone?
I no longer post here.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I think? There's definitely co-op.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!