Post by Jaymann »

Is the combat turn based?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Hamlet3145

Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:07 pm Is the combat turn based?
Both. You can switch back and forth as you like.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:17 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:07 pm Is the combat turn based?
Both. You can switch back and forth as you like.
Sounds like a good system.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

If you are boss-beasting the enemy you can let it run out in RT to save time. If you need to manage the fight tactically for individual spell/ability usage then you can drop down into turn-based. It's all on the fly and wonderful.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

But does it meet with the Daehawk seal of approval?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:58 pm But does it meet with the Daehawk seal of approval?
Unlikely.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I watched a character creation video, that's a lot of choices. Alas, I see no option for rolling stats. :cry:

What is the max number of party members?
How do you get additional party members?
Can you create your full party?

Thanks!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 pm I watched a character creation video, that's a lot of choices. Alas, I see no option for rolling stats. :cry:
They use the Pathfinder 'Purchase' system. They have added quite a few more archetypes since Kingmaker which is pretty nice. They also added more feats so they are using game iteration to add more Pathfinder features.
What is the max number of party members?
6 characters but companions are above and beyond that 6. I have a party with 3 who have animal companions. And I have a companion as well. I can control all 10.
How do you get additional party members?
You find them via the story. Different mythic paths also unlock different possibilities for party members.
Can you create your full party?
You can but not from the jump. There is a NPC from the Pathfinder Guild (Hildor!) who you can pay to bring on customizable characters. You'll need to get to the point where you can even meet him and you'll need the gold and it's relatively pricey. They'll come into the party at the same level as the main character.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Thanks man, I'm in.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I hate asking a question that should be obvious, but where in your inventory does it show how much money you have?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 am I hate asking a question that should be obvious, but where in your inventory does it show how much money you have?
It's in the bottom right corner of the inventory window.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Ha ha I saw that number but it was next to a red target symbol so I did not know it was money.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well, I'm stuck. I've cleared out every area on the map except the gray garrison, and it won't let me go there. There is a red ! by Defender's Heart, and it says "Talk to Staunton" but he is not there. I even looked online but no help. :(

Edit: Solved! I just did a reboot, started the game again, and he was there. At least I'm not crazy.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I ran into a game stopping bug when I got to the Crusader Camp and had to restart the game. :cry:
Spoiler:
You are supposed to review your troops before talking to the queen. I just ran off into the wilderness and started exploring. When I came back the review task was still unchecked, but I could no longer complete it.
That's some pretty piss poor design. Now I am all over my journal like white on rice. For variety I started playing an evil character, and I don't see much difference. At least I am past the bug point.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

I've never heard of that bug. They obviously should be gating off the camp until you talk to her. As to evil - the choices add up over time. At least I think they do now that I'm much further in this bottomless game. :)
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Not sure if it's a glitch, but I'm not complaining. I have Wenduag from the first dungeon in my group, a Hunter Wandering Marksman, level 11. I gave her every bow skill on offer, and now her damage is a whopping 101 - 10,000! What looks glitchy is she is equipped with a Longbow +1 from early on, and if I switch to a better bow the damage drops to normal levels. But when I re-equip the Longbow +1 the damage goes right back up. It's like she is connected to that one bow, but I never saw anything to indicate that.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Well I'm done. I hated the demon city, but I finally got past it. Then I defeated Bahomet (sp), but when I returned to Drezen I ran into another game stopping bug. I will just consider Bahomet as the final boss.

I did like the concept so now I will try Kingmaker, hopefully they have ironed out all the bugs by now.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
malchior

Post by malchior »

I just finished an Angel Oracle run. I has a blast even though it has some pacing issues in the late game. Owlcats seems to have trouble with that. It's not nearly as big a grind as Kingmaker at least. The Wild hunt in Kingmaker *sucked* compared to Demons. At least with Demons you can align good and cut through the DR. In the end, it is an incredible value for the money. I think I put in 150 hours to run through it.