Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Star Wars: Squadrons

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scoop20906
Loading…

Star Wars: Squadrons

Post by Scoop20906 »

Your team needs to keep the fighters off you. Also, I try to come in from the back so I boost past and spin around to hit from the back. Usually target shield generators first.

You can also attack using the cover of the corvette as the SD concentrates on that and you can slip by.

If you ping a target maybe you teammates will cover you?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
wonderpug

Re: Star Wars: Squadrons

Post by wonderpug »

I think the main thing is waiting until your Corvette starts drawing the Star Destroyer’s Fire. Weaving back and forth as you approach helps as well, or approaching from a blind spot like from behind or directly above the bridge. I think you can also blow up turrets so that future attack runs don’t have as much incoming fire.
naednek
Loading…

Post by naednek »

Just beat it yesterday. I thought it was going to be short, and it was actually perfect for single player. Now to move on to multiplayer. Two matches yesterday, we lost by 2 each time with myself in the top 3.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just paid double retail price for a joystick to play this.
I'm actually good with that, as the availability and prices for joysticks are nuts for some reason.
Black Lives Matter
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Were you doing dogfighting?

I have only been playing Empire in multiplayer and I'm loving the emergency power converter system. In case you haven't used it, it's an ability that the Imperial ships have that allows them to instantly move power from their engines to their weapons. On my Logitech 3D Extreme joystick I have to hit the 7 button and also tap my hat to the right. This pulls a bit of overcharge from my engines to the guns. What this means is that I always fly with full power to my engines and just syphon off a bit of overcharge to fill my guns. My ships are always fast and always have guns ready.

Sorry if this is old news to you, but I found it to be a really cool trade off for not having shields.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Does anyone know if you can change loadouts in the middle of the battle? For example, my favorite ship is the TIE Bomber. In the dogfighting phase I like to fly the bomber with a seeker mine and multi lock missiles. I do very well dogfighting with this loadout. However, when it's time to take down the capital ships I would prefer to switch the loadout to bomb ordinance.

I can't seem to find a way to do this in the middle of the game. I can set my loadout for each ship at the beginning, but it seems like I can't adjust any ship type once the action starts. Right now when we need to take out the capital ships I switch to the TIE Fighter because of the awesome torpedoes they have. I'd rather stick with the bomber though.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I think when you go to change your ship class, you hit up and down on the left analog stick to choose whether you want loadout 1 or 2. It's subtle, though, I think it's just one loadout has a medium length line over the ship icon, and the other has a slightly longer line.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Thank you! I was able to make two loadouts per ship. This changes everything.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Now that I know how to use multiple loadouts per mission (I just got a third loadout slot at level 15), Fleet Battles have been much better. Do any of you guys have any tips for using bombers against capital ships? I had tried a build with ion and proton bombs, but I didn't feel like I was doing a ton of damage. Even when I was flying with my capital support, it felt like getting close enough to drop those payloads was suicide.

Last night I tried a build with my TIE Bomber where I used:

Rotary canon (I always have this one equipped)
Beam Laser
Goliath Missile

I was able to do 60k damage to capital ships and it felt like we took the Rebel flagship down pretty easily.

I know some people like to run the mosquito tactic where the bomber flies under the shield and parks right next to the subsystem and fires the rotary canon. This seems really cheesy and I will not do that. Any other tactic though is welcome.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

McNutt wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:43 pm To those of you playing VR, it seems that the Rebel ships have a noticeable advantage based on their open cockpit visibility. Do you mainly stick to Rebel ships?
Is it not possible to play with the cockpit view off (like so many racing games allow you to do)? I am playing on PS4 and was not able to find something like that. The view from inside a TIE Fighter is abysmal - I feel like I'm looking out of a WWI bunker.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I don't think so. I know I used to play that way in lots of flight sim games, but in this I think it helps with the illusion that you're in the cockpit. I haven't seen any videos of a view without the cockpit.

Plus, how are you going to see your bobblehead?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

McNutt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 pm Plus, how are you going to see your bobblehead?
I will use the Force, obviously.