Superhot: Mind Control Delete

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Superhot: Mind Control Delete

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete is a standalone game set in the world of superhot (they go on about how you should play the first one first)

Mind Control Delete started out as a free, standalone expansion to SUPERHOT. Its aim was to give more of SUPERHOT experience to people who already bought it. It's been in development for the past 3 years becoming its own thing - a game bigger and bolder than its predecessor.

The scope changed but the conviction to give it away for free to owners of SUPERHOT stayed the same, SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete will be given away for free to everyone who acquired SUPERHOT before July 16th 2020 (for people who bought it, not from giveaways). Mind Control Delete will appear within a few days of July 16th. (they go on about the details of how to get it if you bought the game)

After the release of SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete it will be purchasable as a separate game. We will have wonderful bundles for you if you want to acquire all superhot games. Remember that.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Re: Superhot: Mind Control Delete

Post by coopasonic »

Since I've started a deep dive on my backlog this year, I got to this basically expecting more of the same, which is true, but it's more than that. It starts out with a basic refresher course that lasts a few minutes then the credits roll then the real thing starts. It basically has a branching tree of stuff, some of it is sets of challenges that have choices within (more bullets, move faster, start with katana) and others unlock starting capabilities that you have to choose from (charge vs more hearts). Yeah there is health now. To unlock a node you need to complete all the "scenarios" before you run out of hearts. I've only played an hour or so but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it (I got it for free since I owned Superhot when this was released).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:25 pm I've only played an hour or so but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it (I got it for free since I owned Superhot when this was released).
i have the original on Twitch Prime and the VR version on Steam - never got any notification that the sequel was free?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:28 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:25 pm I've only played an hour or so but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it (I got it for free since I owned Superhot when this was released).
i have the original on Twitch Prime and the VR version on Steam - never got any notification that the sequel was free?
From the original article:
"SUPERHOT: Mind Control Delete will be given away for free to everyone who acquired SUPERHOT before July 16th 2020 (for people who bought it, not from giveaways"

And Mind Control Delete is NOT VR so you may not have qualified for it based on the Steam VR version of the original.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just got the last achievement and am calling it done.

I assumed this was just more of the same and it kind of is, but it is so much more. This is a no brainer for anyone that enjoyed Superhot.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter