Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

(PS4/5) Ghost of Tsushima

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scraper

Re: (PS4/5) Ghost of Tsushima

Post by Scraper »

This game really does feel like a mixture of AC Odyssey and Witcher 3, but it's unique enough and so polished that it stands out on its own. Overall it is one of the best games of the year and will no doubt go down as a PS4 classic.
FTE

raydude

Post by raydude »

So I was watching K.C. Undercover with my kids on Disney+, and it was the episode with Zane, a nemsis of KC's parents.

I thought, he sounds kinda like Sensei Ishikawa. Turns out, that's cause he is!

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I'm a little bit past the part where you get Ghost Stance and this game just continues to be entertaining and fun. I really don't get all the online hate for Jin's character. Yeah he's mostly reserved but I don't mind that. Sometimes it's nice not having an over the top type of main character. I see him as a serious, reserved and caring man who knows he has a lot of work to do and is no nonsense about it. There's no time for fun and games with Jin. Besides no one ever complains about similar games like Zelda, wherein Link has an almost complete lack of character, at least Jin has a little bit of personality.
FTE

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Jin's taciturn personality makes sense due to his samurai training and his uncle teaching him to master his emotions. I thought he was fine for the game and it wasn't like he was a emotionless automaton in the game.

I remember being surprised of how quickly I mastered many of the available skills as Act 1 was drawing to a close. Then I met a fat Mongol with what I'd call a very nasty blunderbuss and starting in Act 2 the fighting ability of my enemies went up. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to learn the Ghost Stance which definitely made me more of a ninja murderbot in order to fill up my Ghost Stance meter.

Rather sad when I finished the game. I have a few more shrines to visit just to be a completionist and I revisit the game from time to time to stir up some trouble with any roving Mongols. Definitely one of the best games I've played and if there's a sequel it will be pre-ordered.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?

RobinS87

Post by RobinS87 »

Who else doesn't have time to play this masterpiece of the gaming industry?
I haven’t spent a minute yet, although I have had a game since the very beginning of the game's release)

Inverarity

Post by Inverarity »

Not me, I'm working away on it, at what I believe to be the final mission of Act 2. I am still enjoying it, but trying to reserve judgement until I finish it (and hoping NBA2K21 doesn't eat too much into my GoT time). I think it's a ton of fun, but it's also got some balance issues. I have maxed out all my skills already, with presumably another Act to go. And the game is a bit repetitive, even though what it's repeating is fun. I think they made the game a bit too long, but then I think that about nearly every game these days.

I think Jin is a good video game character. Nothing more, but nothing less. Not everyone can be Arthur or Geralt, and that's just fine. It's more a reminder of the heights reached by those games than it is an indictment on GoT. I would happily play a sequel.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Inverarity wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:21 pm
Not everyone can be Arthur or Geralt, and that's just fine.
Arthur?
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

coopasonic
Loading…

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:25 pm
Inverarity wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:21 pm
Not everyone can be Arthur or Geralt, and that's just fine.
Arthur?
Morgan, RDR2
-Coop
Black Lives Matter

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I finished this up last night and got the Platinum. There were two Tales of Tsushima I missed during my play through that I had to find and the hidden alters trophy really needed to be explained better. I kept seeing the alter posts all over the game but never knew how to actually activate them until I looked it up online.

Overall though the game is excellent and like I thought at the beginning it will go down as a PS4 classic.
FTE

raydude

Post by raydude »

Scraper wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:45 am
I finished this up last night and got the Platinum. There were two Tales of Tsushima I missed during my play through that I had to find and the hidden alters trophy really needed to be explained better. I kept seeing the alter posts all over the game but never knew how to actually activate them until I looked it up online.

Overall though the game is excellent and like I thought at the beginning it will go down as a PS4 classic.
I finished this up just now. My choice (MAJOR ENDING SPOILER!):
Spoiler:
if Jin truly loved his uncle then he would give him his dying wish. For he knows that his uncle cannot change and that sparing him would cause him shame and a loss of honor. And even if his uncle lives and is able to continue Clan Shimura that honor would not be restored until the Ghost is killed. Thus I killed him.