Crusader Kings III - The Sequel You Have Been Waiting For

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Crusader Kings III - The Sequel You Have Been Waiting For

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:30 pm As it's part of the Xbox gamepass I'll give it a shot. I really had a hard time getting into the last one even if I liked it a lot. It's just so much to figure out that it's not easy to pick up and play. Need to see fro the reviews if this is an improvement in that regard.

*Edit*
Just read the review and this part makes me happy pants...

WELCOME TO TUTORIAL ISLAND
Probably the most drastic change from the previous game is the concerted push Paradox has made this time around to make the game more accessible to new players. Crusader Kings II was a lot of things, but easy to pick up was not one of them. After eight years of DLC, the game bloated with features buried in a fetid swamp of UI menus. With this new instalment, Paradox has taken some concrete steps to make the game less intimidating to a more mainstream audience.

Unlike its predecessor, the tutorial is much more thorough this time around. New players begin in the relative safety of Ireland in 1066, lord of a small, manageable domain. The tutorial is clear, concise, and comprehensive enough to give a new player their bearings. Importantly, though, while it holds your hand at the start, it leaves you relatively free to play around in Ireland's seclusion, learning firsthand the woes of early-game inheritance laws.
Hey there. I just saw this was on Gamepass too... as soon as I am done with Wasteland 3, I'll be checking it out.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:12 pm Here's an example of a suggestion, actually I have two suggestions there, but only one moused over. I'm assuming that any new game I play will have this suggestion system. I haven't gotten that many suggestions yet, but I'm hoping with updates the devs will be able to tweak the AI to give me more.

Enlarge Image

Update: Oops, that's actually not a good suggestion, since the county the AI is suggesting I grant is a county where my capital is located and I cannot grant it away :roll:
Bringing this to the new page as a service to jzt.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just told my real world wife that since I am now High King of Ireland and her maiden name was "Flynn" I expected some due obedience. With the look she gave me, all I can say is that I'm glad she's not in my game as a character, as I wouldn't expect to live out the winter! :ninja:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm I just told my real world wife that since I am now High King of Ireland and her maiden name was "Flynn" I expected some due obedience. With the look she gave me, all I can say is that I'm glad she's not in my game as a character, as I wouldn't expect to live out the winter! :ninja:
I would be more worried about the real world consequences.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm I just told my real world wife that since I am now High King of Ireland and her maiden name was "Flynn" I expected some due obedience. With the look she gave me, all I can say is that I'm glad she's not in my game as a character, as I wouldn't expect to live out the winter! :ninja:
I would be more worried about the real world consequences.
It's okay, they don't have winters where he is.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

Octavious wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:32 pm Mine got bugged out somehow. My spy tried to poison herself.
That's what they want you to think!
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been worried about my avatar (is that the right use of avatar?) in CKIII who now has four sons and with Confederated Partition being my succession law, required my titles be divided up among them. So when I got the option (costing me 300 prestige!) to go to Tanisty Elective, well, I took it.
Enlarge Image

My senior vassals (one or two ranks below me, basically all my current vassals) and I got to nominate candidates. All my sons were on the list.
Enlarge Image

When I looked at how the electors were voting, I noticed that none of them were interesting in voting for any of my sons. And while I as the King do get five votes and most of them only one, it seemed to be unlikely that if I picked one of my sons, he would be elected.
Enlarge Image

However, three of the vassals had nominated Malachy Briain, a knight, my nephew and a friend (+60 opinion of me!). So I voted for him as well and he is now my new heir.
Enlarge Image

And now to arrange a suitable wife, who will be my wife when my current character dies and I become Malachy.
Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well, that didn't last long. My nephew, friend and new heir Malachy has been caught by my spymaster sleeping with my wife, the queen! When confronted they refused to stop seeing each other.
Enlarge Image

So this is a big no-no in a Catholic realm. I could have just ignored the affair, but I'm vengeful and all that, so both went off to prison. I divorced my wife the now ex-queen. I disinherited Malachy and tortured him to boot.
Enlarge Image

The good news is that there was another Tanisty Elective vote and even though I was the only one to vote for him, my eldest son is now once again my heir. I'm almost out of money and piety, I'm involved in a war through an ally I'm not interested in, and my new betrothed is too young to marry yet. At least I have a new girlfriend...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, this is getting more and more weird. My new girlfriend is one of my vassals and I'm romancing her to get her to have a better opinion of me, so I can get more taxes and levy from her county. Seems logical enough. The fact that she is the wife of one of my sons, a mere detail :doh:

But now I uncover a new secret! It seems that her son, supposedly fathered by my son, may actually be fathered by a mere commoner! :shock:

Horrors! A scandal! But what to do? I can just ignore it, pretend it didn't happen (if it did happen)... or I can call the guards and throw her in jail. And since she is a fornicator, I can revoke her title so I take her county for myself. And so that's what I did :dance:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm starting to think that Crusader Kings III may actually be an HBO series simulator.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 am And since she is a fornicator
Thanks to you, you unscrupulous bastard! :lol:
I no longer post here.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:59 am I'm starting to think that Crusader Kings III may actually be an HBO series simulator.
Did you ever see the amazing Game of Thrones total conversion for CK2?

It would be even better in this engine.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm loving CK3, and my only complaint so far is the map interface. Paradox has gone uncharacteristically minimal here, so (e.g.) there is no filter for comparing the economic status of your provinces--you have to mouse over them one by one and remember the values.

Likewise, unless I'm completely blind, there seems to be no ledger in this engine. That's a whole lot of information that's no longer at your fingertips.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Holman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:31 am I'm loving CK3, and my only complaint so far is the map interface. Paradox has gone uncharacteristically minimal here, so (e.g.) there is no filter for comparing the economic status of your provinces--you have to mouse over them one by one and remember the values.

Likewise, unless I'm completely blind, there seems to be no ledger in this engine. That's a whole lot of information that's no longer at your fingertips.
Yup to both things you've noted. Honestly I never used the ledger that much, but it wouldn't seem to be something that hard to include. And all the various status indicator for a county, like control, can't be displayed on a map either. I'm sure the real CKIII grognards are posting about this over on the Paradox forums while the modders are trying to figure out how to make these overlays themselves.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New patch 1.03 deployed this morning;
We have just deployed a new (small) patch, version 1.0.3. It fixes various issues related to succession. On behalf of the Crusader Kings III team, we are sincerely grateful and humbled by all your feedback! We are working hard to investigate and address the issues that have been reported!

Independent from this patch, we have pushed a potential fix for Steam users that couldn’t fire up the game. This means that next time you will start the game via Steam, you will get an installation step (like on a first-time installation), don’t worry, this is perfectly normal!
Patch notes:
Rewrote the order of succession system.
This fixes a variety of issue related to succession. Some examples include half-siblings from the wrong parent inheriting, distant relatives not inheriting, and some issues with who would inherit land in partition.
Also, a couple of articles from the web:
Strategy Gamer, The Best Crusader Kings 3 Mods (So Far)
PC Gamer, Crusader Kings 3 console commands: How to cheat your way to riches and power
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I guess it had to happen sometime. I'm dead :doh:
Enlarge Image

And to make matters worse (worse than being dead?), instead of my son I have groomed for following me, the Tanistry Elective process has selected my bum of a nephew to be the new king! Well, I guess I'll keep playing as him, but things don't look promising.

Oh, and my archbishop doesn't endorse me, so no taxes from the church properties!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

If I wasn't so busy with my console sports games, (and an emulator playthrough of Suikoden III), I'd probably have already succumbed to the OO forum effect for this one. Between the better tutorials/suggestions, and the enhanced character portions of the game, I suspect i'll enjoy this eventually. (Eventually probably meaning before the month is out. :oops: )
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:32 pm I guess it had to happen sometime. I'm dead :doh:
Enlarge Image

And to make matters worse (worse than being dead?), instead of my son I have groomed for following me, the Tanistry Elective process has selected my bum of a nephew to be the new king! Well, I guess I'll keep playing as him, but things don't look promising.

Oh, and my archbishop doesn't endorse me, so no taxes from the church properties!
How does CKIII determine who you play next after you die? IIRC in CK2 you would control your immediate heir (e.g., eldest son), so I had one or two games where I had a king title in an elective realm, and then when I died I wound up controlling some duchy that my son had title too, while some other schmuck was elected king of the realm that I had been in charge of.
Black Lives Matter.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:46 am How does CKIII determine who you play next after you die? IIRC in CK2 you would control your immediate heir (e.g., eldest son), so I had one or two games where I had a king title in an elective realm, and then when I died I wound up controlling some duchy that my son had title too, while some other schmuck was elected king of the realm that I had been in charge of.
You play as your player heir, as determined by the succession laws, but you immediate heir won't necessarily be your eldest son, as in my current game. The example you cite can happen as you noted in an elective realm. Once your realm has primogeniture laws you'll most likely play as your eldest offspring who will inherit the realm. It is part of the gameplay of CKIII to ensure that the person you want to be your heir does become your heir. By default, the starting succession law for my culture (Irish) was confederate partition, where all sons inherit something, the eldest inheriting the best. In hindsight I should have stuck with that, the Tanistry Elective succession process is too chancy.

Well hell, let's just see what the game has to say about it:

In my current game, before the king died the Tanistry Elective process was switching every few months between my son, my nephew and some bum of a bishop in Berlin that just happened to be the son of a rival. When the king did die the currently selected heir was the king's nephew, who when I was playing the king was trying to have killed :shock:. Now playing as the nephew I'm trying to get the electors, who are my vassals, to pick my choice by having them have a very positive opinion of me.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:46 am How does CKIII determine who you play next after you die? IIRC in CK2 you would control your immediate heir (e.g., eldest son), so I had one or two games where I had a king title in an elective realm, and then when I died I wound up controlling some duchy that my son had title too, while some other schmuck was elected king of the realm that I had been in charge of.
In CKII, since I started, the next person you play would be the heir to your primary holdings (by whatever succession law you chose) with some weirdness where you could occasionally choose if a weird branch arose. I'm trying to remember what that trigger was, but my memory isn't good enough but I have played as a Norman Duke, dying as a Brittonian king, who had a daughter marry into a French dynasty that rebelled and made her a ruling queen and I had the option to play as a Britonian son German King grandson for succession. I've also had the option to play as a petty kings due to holding created by holy wars.

The moral of the story was keep the duchy/kingdom/empire you want your successor to have at all costs associated with your home dimense/primary holdings.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am
In my current game, before the king died the Tanistry Elective process was switching every few months between my son, my nephew and some bum of a bishop in Berlin that just happened to be the son of a rival. When the king did die the currently selected heir was the king's nephew, who when I was playing the king was trying to have killed :shock:. Now playing as the nephew I'm trying to get the electors, who are my vassals, to pick my choice by having them have a very positive opinion of me.
Ok. So the nephew is part of your dynasty, which is why you took over as him. Had the electors picked a new king that was not part of your dynasty (such as the Berlin bishop) then you would've wound up playing as your primary heir (and your realm would wind up being run by the AI Berlin bishop).
Black Lives Matter.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am
Ok. So the nephew is part of your dynasty, which is why you took over as him. Had the electors picked a new king that was not part of your dynasty (such as the Berlin bishop) then you would've wound up playing as your primary heir (and your realm would wind up being run by the AI Berlin bishop).
Yup, that's why I was also trying to murder the bishop in Berlin, too :wink:
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Well, my West African dynasty has come to an end after a decent run. We established Igboland, even expanding it to become a kingdom. But the king was not well-loved, and was eventually deposed, fleeing a far-away holding that he had somehow inherited through happenstance.

There the family built itself back up, and his granddaughter would go on the establish the duchy of Eweland. She ruled for an astonishing 70 years, eventually kicking the bucket at age 83. At the time of her death, Eweland was secure and growing, its coffers were full, and she was plotting a course to independence from her liege.

And then her son and grandson (and the inheritance laws) fucked it all up. I can't really blame the son. He ruled for just two years before dying himself. Because he didn't have time to secure his titles, most of them slipped away to an uncle, leaving the grandson with a single holding to his name. Unfortunately, the grandson cared about only seduction, not governance or security. He was disliked by almost everyone, and within five years had lost everything.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

First of all, I should clarify, that bishop in Berlin was a relative. A player heir has to be from the same dynasty.

But let's post an image to explain things:

Character 1 = High King Murchad, who was my initial avatar. He started off as a petty king, but once he assumed the title of Kingdom of Ireland, he got a promotion :D. He was a very successful king, fighting ten wars, eight offensive, and never lost a one. He also murdered a relative, cheated on his wife with the wife of his son, and then tortured some people. But we all have faults.

Character 2 = my current avatar, High King Cennetig. He is the son of the half-brother of Murchad(1), so is his nephew. The first part of his reign was spent trying to not be murdered, overthrown or imprisoned. He finally decided enough is enough and fought a couple of wars, one offensive, and winning both. So far he hasn't murdered any relatives, but it is early.

Character 3 = Prince Hywell, son of High King Murchad(1). Although a prince, the Tanistry Elective process didn't trust him and designated Conchobar Briain(4) instead as player heir. Sadly, Prince Hywell died in combat. Sad.

Character 4 = Conchobar Briain, who was half brother of my current avatar High King Cennetig(2) and for a time was designated as the player heir by being selected by the Tanistry Elective process. He wore a mask due to being disfigured in combat. A good knight, he later died in combat. Note to self, avoid putting heirs in combat situations :roll:

Character 5 = Duke Glun-Lairn, grandson of High King Murchad(1), son of Prince Hywell(3). The currently designated player heir, the electors have decided that he is acceptable as a new ruler, probably because he does not have a claim on the throne of the Kingdom of Ireland. Should he become my new player heir/avatar, it means I'll lose my throne of Ireland and instead be just a duke. Well, Murchad(1) started that way, so there's hope! :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The King is dead, long live the King! High King Cennetig(2) died, apparently of natural causes. My new avatar is High King (formerly Duke) Glun-Lairn(5), grandson of High King Murchad(1), son of Prince Hywell(3). And, happily, since the Tanistry Elective process selected Glun-Lairn to suceed High King Cennetig, Glun-Lairn was awarded the title High King of Ireland :D. I also hold a duchy and an earldom, so I have one personal holding. My realm also includes the Isle of Man and Galloway on the Scottish mainland.

And now it is Crusades time! High King Cennetig passed up on getting a boatload of money and prestige if I committed to going, but I did chip into the War Chest and I'll be able to wait a few months to make a commitment, so I can see how things are going with the new High King Glun-Lairn.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So my new character, High King Glun-Lairn, decided to go all in on the Crusade. I sent an army, captured Jerusalem, and then watched my army get totally slaughtered and Jerusalem retaken :cry:. But in the end it all paid off. Since I contributed so much to the crusade (my dead army!) the pope decided that my designee, my uncle Donnchad mac Murchad, would be the new King of Jerusalem! I was even given the option to switch my character from Glun-Lairn to Donnchad and continue the game as the King of Jerusalem. However, I figured my odds of survival wouldn't be that good, so I'm staying in Ireland.

The good new is that I got several hundred in gold and lots of prestige and piety.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by jztemple2 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Baroquen wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:19 pm (Eventually probably meaning before the month is out. :oops: )
So "eventually" meant a couple days, as I subbed to the XBox Game Pass thing. So I'm playing for $1 so far. And that's about how much my first playthrough (tutorial and all) was worth. A war quickly fell apart. Heirs were killed. Mass hysteria.

About to take 2 and see if I can get the ball rolling in Ireland, better than the last time.

And jztemple: I'm really enjoying your tales of conquest and dynasty. They're much more interesting than what I've experienced so far! :lol:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks, I'll keep posting. I'm really enjoying the CKIII experience. Thanks to the tutorial help and the suggestions and advice box I'm really able to figure out things to do to fill the time between wars :wink:

For those who haven't started, or may want to try starting a new game, here's a Beginner's guide from the official wiki. It can really help, especially with getting in a few early marriages. I just figured out something myself. When I was arranging marriages for my offspring I was looking outside my realm to gain alliances with foreign powers. However, something I don't remember in CKII, but might have been there, if I marry one of my offspring to one of my vassals, that vassal becomes my ally and I can ask for help in a war. That's because if that vassal is not my ally, they only have to send promised levies to me if I raise my army. If they are my ally, they will send their own army as well. This is big!

UPDATE: I have two daughters that are betrothed, not married, to the offspring of my vassals. I went into a war and neither offered or can be induced to join as allies. I'm thinking either I'm wrong about a vassal supplying you their armies, or maybe they actually have to be married, not just betrothed. I'll keep an eye out for this and post.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Never mind, I just saw this mouseover, I cannot call Vassals as Allies in war. Bummer :doh:
Last edited by jztemple2 on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Finally, now that the Crusade is over and I have some cash, it is time to get back at Scotland for making a cheesy grab of one of my counties while I was at war in the Holy Land. I have two vassals that are also allies, so I'll be able to both attack that province and have their armies defend against invasions. Since they are allies I can't control their armies directly, but I'm hoping they are bright enough to do the right thing.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scotland looks a little different from what I remember.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:57 pm Scotland looks a little different from what I remember.
Middle Ages Brexit! :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Baroquen wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:21 pm And jztemple: I'm really enjoying your tales of conquest and dynasty. They're much more interesting than what I've experienced so far! :lol:
Agreed I am about to start playing myself and jz's adventures are spurring me on.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:13 pm
Baroquen wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:21 pm And jztemple: I'm really enjoying your tales of conquest and dynasty. They're much more interesting than what I've experienced so far! :lol:
Agreed I am about to start playing myself and jz's adventures are spurring me on.
Glad I can help! This is the great fun of the game, role playing your character. My current character High King Glun-Lairn, unlike my last two kings, is a just and gregarious guy who just wants to get along. Murder schemes give him much stress, while makings friends is much easier for him. His vassals love him and he even gets along well with other rulers. Shame I'll have to start a war with someone :D

I've just posted a question over to the Paradox forums,
The advice and suggestion box is suggesting that I can create a new duchy title since I hold the one and only county of which it would be comprised. I'm a bit confused about the usefulness of creating a duchy title. If I do and it means I'll have three or more, I'll probably have to give it away. Even if I create the title, since I already have the county, is the title (if I keep it) of any more value to me? If the county is controlled by my vassal, is there an advantage to having the duchy title over him? I'll looked through the wiki and while it explains the process, I'm confused as to when it might be useful to create the title and when it would be better to not create one. I do realize that I gain 300 prestige, but it will also cost me 250 gold. So is the prestige gain the one big advantage to creating the duchy title? Or is it a more subtle decision process?

Thanks for any help on this. I'm really enjoying the game and finding the wiki very useful, but there are these issues like I mention above that make me wondering if I am missing the point somewhere
Several times the game has suggested creating a duchy title, but 250 gold is a huge bite on my wallet. I'll post whatever useful replies I get.
naednek

Post by naednek »

This game is way over my head. I gave up. Back to wasteland 3
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:19 pm So my new character, High King Glun-Lairn, decided to go all in on the Crusade. I sent an army, captured Jerusalem, and then watched my army get totally slaughtered and Jerusalem retaken :cry:. But in the end it all paid off. Since I contributed so much to the crusade (my dead army!) the pope decided that my designee, my uncle Donnchad mac Murchad, would be the new King of Jerusalem! I was even given the option to switch my character from Glun-Lairn to Donnchad and continue the game as the King of Jerusalem. However, I figured my odds of survival wouldn't be that good, so I'm staying in Ireland.

The good new is that I got several hundred in good and lots of prestige and piety.
I also had a relative appointed to lead Jerusalem after a successful Crusade! Meet my sister, Queen Snofrid Magnusdattir of Jerusalem.

Her traits include Crusader Queen, Compassionate, Drunkard, and Fornicator. Shortly after taking the throne, she contacted my character, the King of Norway -- her brother -- to propose a tryst.

I declined.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

AWS260 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:54 pm Her traits include Crusader Queen, Compassionate, Drunkard, and Fornicator.
Sounds like a fun gal! I have some relatives out that way, maybe they ought to look her up! :D

This is my current advice and suggestions list. Looks like if I live long enough I'm bound to inherit a bunch of holdings.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's my ruler of Jerusalem. He has the pox, is disfigured, and has been jailed several times after being captured in battles or sieges. Currently he's fighting three wars and has truces with five other Muslim rulers. So, so glad I didn't switch to this ruler as my avatar! :shock:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is what you like to see, all the members of your council happy and most of them pretty skilled. Shame I can't get rid of that Archbishop and put my own choice in there.
Enlarge Image

I've been chipping away at Scotland and I now hold a duchy of theirs. I usurped a title, revoked another one and created a duchy which I gave to one of my vassal's vassals, which made him my vassal. We keep our scribe monks busy updating and releasing new versions of the "Who's Who In Ireland" illuminated manuscript :D
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The pope has called for another crusade, this one to Galicia (northern Spain). As can be seen, with five months to go there are already twenty-six thousand soldiers ready to go, about ten times what the expected enemy has. I have opted to participate in the crusade once again, rather than send money, of which I am growing short once more. My Beneficiary, the person who will be granted a title there if I am the biggest contributor, is my niece who is also the daughter of the King of Jerusalem, my uncle. Sadly, uncle is once again in jail after an unsuccessful war :cry:.
Enlarge Image

UPDATE: As a lesson learned from the first crusade, I went through my list of knights and forbid those who are my councilors or are otherwise valuable. Too many bad things happen on a crusade!