Spirit Island digital

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Tao

Spirit Island digital

Post by Tao »

If anyone is interested the digital version of Spirit Island released from early access to version 1.0 recently and is on sale as well.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Skinypupy

Re: Spirit Island digital

Post by Skinypupy »

I wish it wasn't done by Handelabra. I've tried a couple of their digital adaptations (One Deck Dungeon, Aeon's End) and found their general app design to be clunky, very ugly, and generally distracting from the actual game itself.

That said, Spirit Island has been on my "maybe" list for ages, and this would be a good way to see if I like it without dropping $$ for the full game. Decisions, decisions...
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I have it. It seems like a solid enough title, but for some reason I just can't get my mind around it, so generally just get frustrated.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

tgb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:03 pm I have it. It seems like a solid enough title, but for some reason I just can't get my mind around it, so generally just get frustrated.
Here's a useful 'how to play' video for the physical game that may help:

And here are some additional tips on how to win provided by the game's designer:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
tgb

Post by tgb »

I know how to play in the mechanical/rules sense. It's the strategy needed that trips me up. I just can't seem to think far enough ahead to thwart the AI
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

tgb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 pm I know how to play in the mechanical/rules sense. It's the strategy needed that trips me up. I just can't seem to think far enough ahead to thwart the AI
In that case, the second video above will definitely help.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
tgb

Post by tgb »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:43 pm
tgb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 pm I know how to play in the mechanical/rules sense. It's the strategy needed that trips me up. I just can't seem to think far enough ahead to thwart the AI
In that case, the second video above will definitely help.
I'll give it a watch, thanks