Black Myth action rpg

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Black Myth action rpg

Post by Daehawk »

Gorgeous Action-RPG Black Myth: Wukong Revealed with Extended Gameplay Trailer
Black Myth: Wukong - an action-RPG based on classic Chinese tale Journey to the West - has been announced for consoles and PC alongside an impressive 13 minute gameplay video. That video is getting some sections of the internet very excited indeed.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: Black Myth action rpg

Post by Blackhawk »

Graphics look better than in the first trailer.
Spoiler:
Really, though, a good Sun Wukong game would be awesome.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:00 am Graphics look better than in the first trailer.
Spoiler:
Heh, that show was a cult classic for many Brits (myself included) and Australians, and likely more than a few other countries where it was shown back in the day. The theme song, the dubbed dialogue spoken in a variety of over-the-top "oriental" accents, and the memorable battles provided plenty of Western youngsters with their first exposure to Asian-style fantasy action sequences. How could you not enjoy the notion of an irrepressible super-monkey who had the power to summon a cloud upon which he could fly, and owned a magic wishing staff he could use to shrink and grow at will and store in his ear, which he also used as a nifty martial arts weapon?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Stephen Chow's "Journey To The West" from 2013 is an absolute riot. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for sheer hilarious insanity.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Uhhh... Wrong thread? Or am I just missing some obscure link?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

These are all based on the same legend/folk tale.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ooookkkaaaayyyy.

Still seems odd to me to post a movie trailer in a thread about a computer game. Especially since the handling of the material is not remotely the same. i.e. The movie trailer does not make me want to play the game. Nor does the game trailer make me want to see the movie. (Stephen Chow makes me want to see the movie, but that's a separate thing.)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sun Wukong = Monkey = The Monkey King = the story "Journey to the West."

I made a single joke that grew.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh. I didn't look at your spoiler. I was just skimming the thread to see what discussion was happening about the game.

It doesn't look like my kind of game, anyway. So I'll just bow out and let the discussion go where it will.

Black Lives Matter

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

TheMix wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:35 pm Ooookkkaaaayyyy.

Still seems odd to me to post a movie trailer in a thread about a computer game. Especially since the handling of the material is not remotely the same. i.e. The movie trailer does not make me want to play the game. Nor does the game trailer make me want to see the movie. (Stephen Chow makes me want to see the movie, but that's a separate thing.)
My comment was just a random observation under the general theme of the "Journey to the West" story. The movie is in no way associated with the game.

Didn't intend to cause confusion, my bad.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

This is OO. I'll be surprised if by page 2 we're not talking about gazpacho, and brutalist architecture by 4. :lol:

I think the footage looks really great, at least the ten or so minutes I watched. Though I have little general interest in this mythos, and rarely get around to playing action games--or don't get too deep if I do--as they tend to be pretty repetitive.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg