The Last Campfire [Hello Games]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

The Last Campfire [Hello Games]

Post by Zaxxon »

So this game popped up out of nowhere, apparently a passion project of a few developers at Hello Games. They made it in the midst of fixing/expanding No Man's Sky.

Available on all of the platforms. I'm about halfway through (I think), and it's been a ride so far. (I'm playing on Switch.)

Much smaller in scope, it's well worth the fifteen bucks for its art, music, and general ambiance IMO. It's kind of criminal to me that it's not getting more attention.

Max Peck

Re: The Last Campfire [Hello Games]

Post by Max Peck »

<Insert obligatory "This will be released on Steam in 2021." snark here>
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm <Insert obligatory "This will be released on Steam in 2021." snark here>
After all the cash they made with NMS, they still feel like they have to take Timmy Tencent's bribe money. Well, there goes all the goodwill they built up over the last few years.
I no longer post here.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Paradroid wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:15 pm
Max Peck wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm <Insert obligatory "This will be released on Steam in 2021." snark here>
After all the cash they made with NMS, they still feel like they have to take Timmy Tencent's bribe money. Well, there goes all the goodwill they built up over the last few years.
That... is one take.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Zaxxon wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:51 pm
Paradroid wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:15 pm
That... is one take.
I rather agree with him. Setting aside my own vehement feelings about Epic, there are plenty of people not happy with Epic's platform decisions. I'm not discussing whether they are legit or not, but rather agreeing with Paradroid that a sizable portion may reconsider their "forgiveness" of said Developer. Whether that is relevant to the future, i surely cannot tell.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I don't really have a side in that battle, but if there's an abusive 1,000 lb gorilla on the PC platform front, it's Steam, not Epic.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Either way, not the thread for that discussion.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Zaxxon wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:14 pm I don't really have a side in that battle, but if there's an abusive 1,000 lb gorilla on the PC platform front, it's Steam, not Epic.
Abusive? You'll have to explain that one to me.
I no longer post here.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Just finished it. What a little gem. Reminded me a lot of Gris, even though they're not at all alike gameplay-wise.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

It's OK Zaxxon, you're in a safe space here. You can show us where Steam abused you below:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke