Venetica...action rpg..old

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Venetica...action rpg..old

Post by Daehawk »

2009 or 2010 game. I never heard of it even though search shows it mentioned a couple times in random threads back then. I saw it just today on Twitch and looked fun. Interested in it but its still $10 these days. Maybe it will be part of a sale sometime.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
NickAragua

Re: Venetica...action rpg..old

Post by NickAragua »

ARISE!

This was free on GoG a few days ago, so I grabbed it and, on a lark, played through the beginning.

It's an action RPG featuring as the main character a woman whose lover gets killed by assassins wearing pointy-headed hats (who are actually coming after her); then, Death gives her the task of killing the "Archon of the Undead" using the "Moonblade", so she has to travel to some kind of weird version of Venice to do that (I've already found and repaired the moonblade).

I had to stop ingesting hallucinogenic substances for a few minutes to make sure I wasn't just making this stuff up in my head.

Anyway, it's a fun game. I like the main character, you get limited but mostly impactful dialogue choices (a lot of which seem to have to do with your motivation for doing what you're doing; you can be sarcastic and somewhat mean without being a psychopath), the combat is pretty fun (there's a block-dodge-counterattack mechanism and the bad guys all have attack "tells") and the graphics are beautiful. I'm not really sure why one of her armor suits looks like S&M gear, though - to the point where I'm tempted to go back to the previous, inferior armor type just so I don't have to look at it as it's really jarring. I'll put it down to "quirks of the developer".
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Re: Venetica...action rpg..old

Post by Daehawk »

I played it out of the first town. It was ok. But I was trapped in the light of shinier objects at the time.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"