Godfall?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

rittchard

Godfall?

Post by rittchard »

I couldn't find a topic on this - isn't it supposed to be kind of a big thing? Or at least a medium thing lol?

Anyone?
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Godfall?

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Reviews have been pretty harsh so far; the main criticisms I’ve seen is that the game is generic and boring.
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Ron has some early impressions up over at Gamingtrend. Overall he seems to like the game. However, I don't think Ron has ever reviewed a game and given it a score lower than 90. But, if it was a dull game I think he would be honest about it.
FTE
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:06 pm the main criticisms I’ve seen is that the game is generic and boring.
I haven't looked into it much, but this has been my general impression from what little I've seen of it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I ended up getting it yesterday and trying it out for a bit. Haven't made it far enough to make a good assessment. The graphics style is kind of weird for me, I don't know quite how to explain why. It's like everything is just too shiny or something, I don't know.

What I was hoping for was kind of a Diablo-lite first person game; it looks like it might fit that bill but it's too early to say. It seems like you are limited to the single character who is more or less all melee. There are skill and loot upgrades, etc. - hard to tell how much depth there is to the system.

My biggest complaint is that there is no mini-map or map whatsoever that I could find which makes it really hard for me to get around, especially with the weird shiny graphics.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

First game, out of what I assume will be ongoing now that the new consoles are here, that my machine can't run as I don't meet the minimum requirements. No point in upgrading my video card as I will need a new power supply, etc so I guess some time in the next couple of years I'll build a new machine.