Labyrinth of Legendary Loot

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Malificent

Labyrinth of Legendary Loot

Post by Malificent »

Just wanted to share this little gem. Can download from itch.io - pay what you want.

It's a small turn based roguelike, although that's not completely accurate either. You're delving through about 25 small levels. All improvement comes from items, no levelling. In some ways, it's like a little randomized puzzle game.

It's only about an hour or maybe two per session so it plays quick and there seem to be a pretty solid chunk of different modifiers for the item types, giving it some solid replayability. I paid a few bucks for it and absolutely don't regret it.

hitbyambulance

Re: Labyrinth of Legendary Loot

Post by hitbyambulance »

this is totally the kind of game i'm into. will try this
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've not used itch.io before. I'd rather not pay for such a thing before I download but I don't mind (and would want to) throwing a few bucks if I try it and enjoy it. Before I download is there a way to pay afterwards?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm Before I download is there a way to pay afterwards?
yes
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

played this for a while. the animated gif in the first post shows what can be done when you have a better handle on the mechanics - using abilities in a strategic way to attack in the most efficient and clever way (while trying to make enemy attacks and environmental items work for you). it is on the sparse side - i'd like to see more done with movement and attack combos with the items, as well as more interactive environmental objects. the potential seems underealized so far, but the fact that i have these criticisms (and have been playing this for as long as i have) speaks to its promise.