Steam desktop notifications - how do I turn them off?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Steam desktop notifications - how do I turn them off?

Post by jztemple2 »

Sheesh, sometimes I really do feel old when problems like this happen :roll:

I installed Steam on my new rig a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been getting desktop notifications, like a friend is playing such-and-such or there is a scheduled stream of some game happening. I've looked through the settings but can't figure out how to turn them off, since I didn't turn them on in the first place. Would someone please point out the location to me?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
NickAragua

Re: Steam desktop notifications - how do I turn them off?

Post by NickAragua »

Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Can confirm. I had to turn my off last year when Kasey was running a script to mine trading cards. I think for 10 minutes straight I had notifications popping up that he was playing a new game. Too much! :lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:17 pm Try this: https://gamertweak.com/turn-off-steam-notifications/
Actually this doesn't work for me, perhaps the client has been updated since it was published. I used this article from Business Insider: How to turn off all notifications on Steam or select which notifications you receive
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold