Post by Grifman »

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Ctg6 ... e=emb_logo
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
NickAragua

Re: Mass Effect 4

Post by NickAragua »

Amen to that.

Of course, the question is, which color ending did they pick as the canon ending?
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Well that is some good news. I was personally lucky to not play ME3 until they did the 'extended' ending version. I didn't even know about the original ending uproar until I read up about it after my experience. :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ME3 was a solid game, even including the botched ending. I even liked Andromeda with its flaws, so I'll almost certainly be in for ME4.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:15 pm ME3 was a solid game, even including the botched ending.
Yeah, the last five minutes sucked, but that doesn't remove the 40 great hours leading up to it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Glad to see, after the mess that was Andromeda. I've been wanting to start a ME replay, but am trying to hold off until the remasters next year.

Trailer reminds me of how incredibly awesome the music is in the ME games.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I've been trying to get into Andromeda but it hasn't grabbed me. It's like when you want Transformers but your mom brings home the Go Bots. It just feels...off.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:21 pm I've been trying to get into Andromeda but it hasn't grabbed me. It's like when you want Transformers but your mom brings home the Go Bots. It just feels...off.
But maybe it's more than meets the eye?
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

I actually enjoyed Andromeda and was hoping to get more games in that setting but, oh well.

However I very much did not like the this-is-a-different-planet-so-these-monsters-that-look-just-like-the-monsters-you-fought-on-the-last-planet-are-totally-different-and-not-just-the-same-monsters-with-a-different-color-scheme-and-different-name lazy ass bullshit they pulled.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
JCC

Post by JCC »

I thought Andromeda was pretty much fine. Released too early and a buggy mess at launch for sure. But certainly better gameplay wise than the original ME. (Hello Mako~!) Of course not nearly as good STORY wise, though the story was fine. I even enjoyed their goofy sudoku puzzles - though to be fair I like sudoku!
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My face is tired.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I never played Andromeda, but it's constantly on sale on the psn for about $9. Is it worth it for that much? I enjoyed the original series until the horrid ending.
FTE
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scraper wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:54 am I never played Andromeda, but it's constantly on sale on the psn for about $9. Is it worth it for that much? I enjoyed the original series until the horrid ending.
For $9, it’s probably worth checking out to see if it clicks. I played it for about 20’ish hours before getting annoyed with it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Played and finished it. Was ok but Ill never play it again. Ive replayed the original 3 about 4 times. Maybe 5. I would again but waiting on the remasters.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

She refers to this as Mass Effect 5, on the grounds that there is plausible reason to believe that it is a sequel to both the trilogy and Andromeda.

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hope it has nothing to do with Andromeda. If it does it wont get my money any more than Andromeda did. I was actually hoping for a prequel trilogy. Either it would begin with humans having settled Mars and all the strife with fighting each other or with them trying to activate the relay where the Turians attacked them and ending with the Rachni war.

In between we'd get the First Contact war in the first game, the Blitz and such in the 2nd, and the Rachni in the 3rd all while discovering new races and places in the galaxy and becoming part of the Citadel .
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Doesn't Andromeda take place way after the events of ME1 - ME3 time wise? IIRC the arc ships were launched sometime between ME2 and ME3, but given the travel between galaxies I thought the people in them were in stasis for a long long time.
Black Lives Matter.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:24 am Doesn't Andromeda take place way after the events of ME1 - ME3 time wise? IIRC the arc ships were launched sometime between ME2 and ME3, but given the travel between galaxies I thought the people in them were in stasis for a long long time.
All correct. That said, it's sci-fi, so space magic makes anything possible. Aside from the stasis tech you already mentioned, some races like the Asari were already established as having long lifespans, so even if it's an Andromeda sequel, there's still the possibility of "unifying" the two settings somewhat by bringing back some characters. Or they could invent a temporal phase distortion wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey loop to retcon Commander Shepard into the first crew to go to Andromeda, if they wanted. ;)

- Ash
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If anyone can ruin a game its Bioware these days.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Mass Effect fan decodes hidden message from Liara in N7 Day teaser
N7 Day, BioWare's annual celebration of all things Mass Effect, used to be a pretty big deal. Its significance has waned in the post-Mass Effect 3 years, though, and the lukewarm reception to Andromeda did not do much to reverse that trend. This year's November 7 event didn't seem to bring much in the way of big news either—but a little audio decoding revealed a big surprise.

"Regardless of when you joined us, through four games and more expansions, I can say with certainty that we’re in this because of you, and every N7 Day is a wonderful reminder of that," project director Mike Gamble said in his annual N7 Day message.

"As we look forward, each day is a fun and exciting challenge for the team. We love bringing this universe to life, and although there’s much more we want to share with you, that’ll have to be for another time.

"For now, there is something we want you to have a look at. We’ve intercepted some strange footage from one of the monitoring stations in known space. It could be nothing, but…"

Happy #N7Day from across the stars! 💫 We found this interesting footage you may want to 🔍 a bit more closely.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bioware is no longer Bioware so I have no hope for this game. That being so maybe Ill find it ok.

Ive replayed 1 & 2 this year. Couple months it will be time for ME3 yet again...of course with the Happy Ending mod.