Codemasters now owned by EA

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Codemasters now owned by EA

Post by Rumpy »

Welp, read'em and weep. Dirt Rally, Dirt, Grid , F1, Project Cars, Burnout, and Need for Speed all under one roof. It almost feels like a monopoly of major racing devs at this point. :shock:

https://kotaku.com/ea-is-buying-racing- ... 1845876464
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Re: Codemasters now owned by EA

Post by Blackhawk »

Give it another five years and there will only be three or four companies, total. Everyone wanted cinematic games. Be careful what you wish for - game studios are becoming movie studios.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Barf...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:55 pm Give it another five years and there will only be three or four companies, total. Everyone wanted cinematic games. Be careful what you wish for - game studios are becoming movie studios.
I don't particularly want cinematic games. Fortunately the majority of games I like are by independents that are unlikely to be snapped up by anyone (guessing some of them wouldn't even want to be snapped up).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont care for racing games so dont matter to me who EA kills in that area. :) Seen people online say they haven't made a good game in 10 years.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:55 pm Everyone wanted cinematic games. Be careful what you wish for - game studios are becoming movie studios.
worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry, imo. yeah, i really want less gameplay so i can have more B-movie/straight-to-video level of quality (at best) script/direction/acting in _non-interactive sequences_ inserted in my _games_. so retrogressive.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 pm Dont care for racing games so dont matter to me who EA kills in that area. :) Seen people online say they haven't made a good game in 10 years.
And there's exactly the problem. EA is just going to end up suffocating Codemaster's lifeforce. EA's management is a joke. I've liked Codemasters and their racing games because at least they were rather distinct when EA's Need for Speed games went down the shitter. Under EA, they'll likely just end up getting them to make more Need for Speed ad-nauseam. Although part of is kind of curious to see a Codemasters Need for Speed, but they sucked EA Blackbox dry, and are currently doing so with Criterion. For those who are into racing games, this is rather a huge deal. A sad one at that.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

EA sucks everyone dry then discards the husk.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Exactly. So, if EA hasn't made a good game within the last 10 years, it doesn't bode well for Codemasters.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti