Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

What gaming franchise have you spent the most time with?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Re: What gaming franchise have you spent the most time with?

Post by dbt1949 »

For me the franchise I spent the most time with is the Civilization one. Followed by the Skyrim/Fallout one.
I also have god knows how much time with the HOI2 franchise. Only a couple of hundred hours on Steam but probably thousands before that.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just for kicks, I tried to go back and total up my approximate hours spent with my top franchise, Final Fantasy.

- FF 1 through 5: My first FF game (and first ever RPG) was VII, so it was hard to go back to these old-school JRPGs without the benefit of nostalgia. Still, I’ve put at least 20 hours into each one on different platforms through the years. 100 hours
- FF VI: Finished on Game Boy Advance. 50 hours
- FF VII: my favorite game of all time. Played through twice on PS1, once on PSP, and about halfway through on iPad. Around 250 hours total
- FF VII Crisis Core: Finished once on PSP. 40 hours
- FF VII Remake: Finished on PS4, 40 hours
- FF VIII: 50 hours on PS1, then another 30 on the Remastered version. 80 hours, but still haven't finished it. :oops:
- FF IX: Finished on PS1, and again on iPad. 90 hours between the two
- FF X: Finished on PS2, 2/3 of the way through the Remaster on PS4. 80 hours
- FF X2: Only around 20 hours on PS2. The girl band thing got too annoying.
- FF XI: Never got into this one.
- FF XII: Finished twice on PS2, about halfway through the Remaster for Switch. 120 hours
- FF XIiI: Finishing it once was enough on PS3. 60 hours
- FF XIII sequels: Tried both, thought they were terrible. 10 hours
- FF XIV: ALL THE HOURS. Just barely under 1,700, as of yesterday. Finished up through patch 5.3.
- FF XV: Finished once on PS4, once on PC. 70 hours total
- FF Tactics: Completed once on PS1, once on PSP, once on iPad, 250 hours
- FF Tactics Advance: Finished both on GBA. 200 hours
- Dissidia: Finished both PSP games. 40 hours
- Other misc: Between multiple F2P iPad games, World of FF, Crystal Chronicles, Chocobo Dungeon, Dirge of Cerberus, probably another 200 hours.

I’m sure there probably a couple I’m forgetting, but that puts me at around 3,400 hours with FF games over the years. Not a bad run.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Black lives matter
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I'm sure you played Crisis Core on PSP. I'd add the Kingdom Hearts series as well. Sure, it's Disney, but it's Disney crossing over with Final Fantasy.

I'm not close to that total time mainly because of no MMO time. I had a bad MUD addiction back in the day. I've been clean since. I'm sure Final Fantasy still is my number one.

Final Fantasy
Command and Conquer
Tom Clancy
Battletech/Mechwarrior
Dungeons and Dragons
Pinball (mostly virtual, but I've played more than my fair share in the arcades)
Star Wars
Batman
Spiderman
Starcraft/Warcraft
Rollercoaster Tycoon (though if we lump all the tycoon games together it would be much higher)
Plants vs. Zombies (all those couple of minutes a day add up)
Wing Commander
SimCity, Sim_ and the Sims
Star Trek
Police Quest + SWAT
XCom
Ultima
Warhammer
Lord of the Rings

I have no idea how much time I spent on Spyro, Sly Cooper or Crash Bandicoot series, but I don't recall them being very long.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hrothgar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:58 am I'm sure you played Crisis Core on PSP.
I knew I was forgetting one! Thanks for the reminder.
I'd add the Kingdom Hearts series as well. Sure, it's Disney, but it's Disney crossing over with Final Fantasy.
Oddly, I really dislike the KH games. While I (obviously) love FF, I've never really been much of a Disney fan. The combo was like chocolate and peanut butter for most people...it was like chocolate and pickles for me. :)
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Black lives matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It was originally going to be a Disney/Hellraiser crossover until Clive Barker pulled out at the last minute.
“Also, Dude, ‘Sand People’ is not the preferred nomenclature; Tusken Raider, please.”
“Walter, this isn't a guy who built the moisture vaporators, here....”
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

For those who want to up their time with a single franchise there is a new huge mod for Fallout NV.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Madmarcus wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:02 am For those who want to up their time with a single franchise there is a new huge mod for Fallout NV.
:lol:
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Everquest
Diablo
City of Heroes
Tomb Raider
Divinity series
Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Civilization by a landslide.
Runners-up: Xcom and Fallout.
Honorable mention: Tropico and GalCiv.
Whatever happened to: Those Gold Box D&D games. Played them all in their day -- even the Buck Rogers spinoffs.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Kraken wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:52 am Whatever happened to: Those Gold Box D&D games. Played them all in their day -- even the Buck Rogers spinoffs.
GOG happened to the Gold Box games, except the Buck Rogers ones -- I suspect the IP rights to those are too tied up in knots for anyone to sort them out.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor