Tainted Grail Conquest (Non Drazzil Related)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stimpy

Tainted Grail Conquest (Non Drazzil Related)

Post by stimpy »

Anyone else playing this?
I'm not that familiar with rougelites, but of the few I've tried, this one is keeping my interest.
The first unlocked class seemed way underpowered after quite a few runs, but once I unlocked the second class, things opened up a bit.
I can see quite a difference in how the 2 classes play, so I'm looking forward to future unlocks.
Good game to play in short spurts (again, non Draz related).

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Freyland

Re: Tainted Grail Conquest (Non Drazzil Related)

Post by Freyland »

Are there disease-riddled cat boss fights?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Freyland wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:49 am Are there disease-riddled cat boss fights?
Upcoming DLC
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

stimpy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:52 am
Freyland wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:49 am Are there disease-riddled cat boss fights?
Upcoming DLC
Always thought it was weird how disease debuffs affect units while in that same combat. Everyone knows it can take weeks for taint abscesses to explode.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Freyland wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:31 pm
stimpy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:52 am
Upcoming DLC
Always thought it was weird how disease debuffs affect units while in that same combat. Everyone knows it can take weeks for taint abscesses to explode.
I wonder if they have save vs disease rolls?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I :lol: ‘d at the title.

I downloaded this from Gamepass, but was waiting to wrap up Diablo 2 before I gave it a look. Finished D2 last night, hoping to jump into this today.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Played the first run, that was very cool. I didn't get very far (was still mostly figuring it all out), but the atmosphere, graphics, music, and voice acting are all excellent. The combat seems pretty interesting, although I can see this getting extremely difficult as things progress. Definitely makes you consider every single card you play, as one error can have some pretty significant repercussions.

Will need to give it more runs to form a real opinion, but first impressions are quite good.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I've unlocked 5 classes and so far I can only do a half way decent run with 1 of them.
Makes me think I'm missing some kind of strategy or mechanic in the game.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Interesting that this is based on Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon which itself is based on the board game. Has anyone played all three? :)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Lordnine wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm Interesting that this is based on Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon which itself is based on the board game. Has anyone played all three? :)
That looks almost exactly like Conquest.
It says The Fall of Avalon hasnt been released yet.
Did they just change the name and release it as Conquest?

I just beat the first Boss.
I used the class I thought I had the best understanding of and seemed the most powerful that I've come across.
Took a few runs but I did it.
It will be interesting to see how this character performs while moving on to the next level.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I guess I probably should have paid more attention to the Kickstarter updates. I apparently have both of them listed as being in my Library. I knew they were giving KS backers a copy of the computer game. But I wasn't aware they made two different games. Fall of Avalon is an open-world RPG. Definitely different than Conquest.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Could have sworn there was another thread on this game or maybe it was just discussed elsewhere. The Steam version is in the same universe as the board game but the video game is a deck-builder rogue like with a bunch of mechanics to harry the player, like corruption and darkness etc. I purchased the game a while back on sale and returned it before my 2 hours was up. I enjoy Slay the Spire, Monster Slayers, Erranoth etc. but this just wasn't my cup of tea.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Dont know if anyone else is playing this, but I am stuck on trying to get the 3rd boss to spawn.
I've tried probably a dozen times and although I get Legendary enemy battles, so far none of them have been the 3rd boss.
Getting frustrating not being able to progress and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Seems like a number of bugs, but I didn't see anything specifically calling out the 3rd boss. Still, seems like a safe bet that it's a bug.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

TheMix wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am Seems like a number of bugs, but I didn't see anything specifically calling out the 3rd boss. Still, seems like a safe bet that it's a bug.
Actually, seems like it's a mechanic.
When you face the first boss, you beat him once then go back to town.
To beat the second boss, you have to beat a legendary twice.
Third boss? Beat a legendary 3 times.
I'm on fourth boss and I just beat the first legendary, so I'll see if the pattern holds true.
He/Him/His/Porcupine