Today in gaming related anniversary news...DOOM II, Valve's Orange Box..

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Today in gaming related anniversary news...DOOM II, Valve's Orange Box..

Post by Daehawk »

Today was Blues News anniversary 25. Congrats . He posted other stuff with anniversaries today...
Thank you for the comments on yesterday's 25th anniversary of Blue's News. Your kind words made it all the more of a special occasion. And following yesterday's birthday, here's another anniversary, as it was on this day in 1994 that DOOM II was released, making the first-person shooter 27 years old today. And on this day in 2007, Valve released the Orange Box, a retail collection of Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, and, the first two Half-Life 2 episodes. So that makes today the 14th anniversary of that collection, and the 14th anniversary of no Half-Life 2: Episode Three.
DOOM II being 27 is both not a shock and surprise. It was the first true PC game I played online with a friend and co-op. Of course MUDS had been played but nothing co-op with full amazing graphics and sounds. I knew my 2400 baud modem wouldn't handle it so my wife bought me a USRobotics 28.8 Sportster. I was ready.....but my modem sat wrapped under the tree in Nov. She let me open it early so sometime mid November . Fun days then. Im still playing but not like the old days. Fun great times gaming and in life.

I myself did not buy The Orange Box from Valve. I owned the Half Life games and didn't have a care for the Portal ones back then. Why pay again I felt. Thats also why I missed out buying Kilrathi Saga that sells for so high a price now.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"