[VR] Shadowgate VR

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

[VR] Shadowgate VR

Post by Blackhawk »

This hadn't been on my radar (I hadn't even heard it was coming out), but the reviews have been really good and it has just leapt I remember playing Shadowgate on the NES... and being completely lost. That kind of puzzler wasn't typical of the games on the NES, and I went into it visualizing something more along the lines of Pool of Radiance. I had never encountered that type of game before, and I had no idea how to approach it. It really threw me, but I still spent quite a bit of time with it, figuring it out. The rich kids played it on the Amiga while sipping champagne in their smoking jackets (I assume.)

Anyway, it looks really good, and it has jumped from no idea to wishlist.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Re: [VR] Shadowgate VR

Post by Paingod »

I remember it fondly. I spent quite some time on the NES, trial and error, until I beat it. Lots of fun ways to die as you tried over and over to figure out the puzzles and order of operations.

Once you know how, it takes about 45 minutes to finish. Like ... go here, get that, flip switch 1-3-2-1, open that, done.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I loved that game on the NES. I remember giving money to my friend's dad so he could buy it for me the next time he went to Toys R Us. I don't think I ever beat it though; there was one area with a lake and maybe a nearby room with a skeleton that I could never figure out how to get past.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i only ever played it on the Mac (monochrome) but you just reminded me i have the remake...