Reminder: For your holiday/Black Friday shopping, please use the Amazon affiliate links. This time of year can generate the lion's share of affiliate income for the year to keep the lights on. Every bit helps! Thanks!

Destiny 2 (Console Specific Grouping and Details)

Discussions regarding "console only" titles, console versions of multi-platform titles, console hardware, console issues, and iPhone/iPad/Android and other mobile phone titles.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Destiny 2 (Console Specific Grouping and Details)

Post by Skinypupy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking that our overall clan progress towards level 1 got reset, but that's not the case.

I'm having fun, but these last few story missions have me reaching the upper limits of my very limited FPS capability set. The last one ("Six" on Nessus) saw me die 17 times before beating it...which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen. We'll see if I can keep going or not.
I taught the Killing Game first

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 am

Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys. We'll get you through those tricky story missions. :horse:

Edit: Btw, it can be a good idea to do some side missions and activities if the story missions start getting too tough. That way you can level up and get better gear, etc.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:So do public events.
I don't think so. I completed three public events on Titan last night, and didn't see any points come in. Maybe I did something wrong.
Sorry, it's only the "Heroic" Public Events which grant clan points. I know you'll see a rally flag for them before they launch, and you'll get an achievement when you finish one. Not sure if they show up on the map differently however.
There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Hamlet3145 wrote:Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys.
Um...what's a "fireteam"? :oops:

<-----hopeless noob

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Skinypupy wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote:Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys.
Um...what's a "fireteam"? :oops:

<-----hopeless noob
You are a fireteam. If you invite friends to your group from the destiny interface, they join your fireteam. fireteam leader is shown by the yellow triangle in top right of the player list.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

Apparently, the fusion rifle he is offering for 29 shards is quite good.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Hamlet3145 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am

Is there an XB1 clan?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 am

It's all one clan. Bungie made it cross platform so no matter what you play on you can work toward the overall clan level goals. We're getting close to level 2. 8-)

Edit: About half the OO clan is on xBox. And we should get a bunch more when PC launches. Link in signature.

e1123

Post by e1123 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:05 am

Hamlet3145 wrote:Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

It is, I have it. Have you been getting the same exotics repeatedly? I'm on my third Sweet Business and it ain't that sweet.

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 am

e1123 wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote:Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

It is, I have it. Have you been getting the same exotics repeatedly? I'm on my third Sweet Business and it ain't that sweet.
Yep. I suspect they haven't released them all into the wild yet. I would kill for a good exotic auto rifle for my titan. My favorite exotic weapon thus far is the midi multi-tool, but that's a quest not a drop.

e1123

Post by e1123 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Hamlet3145 wrote:
e1123 wrote:

Yep. I suspect they haven't released them all into the wild yet. I would kill for a good exotic auto rifle for my titan. My favorite exotic weapon thus far is the midi multi-tool, but that's a quest not a drop.
Hard Light is out there, but I haven't seen it yet. I prefer Sturm, but that's mostly because I prefer non-zoom.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Currently, Origin Story Auto-Rifle is my goto Kinetic weapon of choice w/Cold Heart or Graviton Lance as my energy. Man o'War is my power weapon except when bosses need to be melted that I switch Merciless. Can't believe they made another Gjallarhorn must have weapon but there it is in Merciless

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Yep, I'm rocking Origin Story on two characters now. Can't find a legendary kinetic auto rifle that I like better. It's perfect for mowing down trash.

Kurth

Post by Kurth » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it -- John Gilmore

e1123

Post by e1123 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:13 am

Kurth wrote:Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
You're on Nessus? For the multiple kills, just kill two Fallen per clip, it doesn't count any more than that. For the powerful Fallen, I did one of those Fallen Public Events and it was crawling with orange bars. That part of the quest took about ten minutes.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:12 am

e1123 wrote:
Kurth wrote:Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
You're on Nessus? For the multiple kills, just kill two Fallen per clip, it doesn't count any more than that. For the powerful Fallen, I did one of those Fallen Public Events and it was crawling with orange bars. That part of the quest took about ten minutes.

It has to be on Nessus

Kurth

Post by Kurth » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Got it! I wasn't on Nessus. Went back there last night, and I'm nearly done now. Just need to track down and kill 5 more Fallen leaders with Drang.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm

xBox Clan strike weekend?

Posted on the clan board, but in case anyone didn't see it, we're planning on trying to do clan versions of the strike(s) on the xBox this weekend. I should be on around 11am PST and will ping any clan members who are on.

-Pyperkub on xbl

Kurth

Post by Kurth » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Pyperkub wrote:xBox Clan strike weekend?

Posted on the clan board, but in case anyone didn't see it, we're planning on trying to do clan versions of the strike(s) on the xBox this weekend. I should be on around 11am PST and will ping any clan members who are on.

-Pyperkub on xbl
Damn. I'd love to join in on that, but I'll be at my 4th grader's soccer game from 10:30 to 12:30. If I get a chance, I'll drop by after to see if you're all still on.

Let us know how it goes.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm running a bit late, fwiw

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Had a good time with soulchilde running some strikes yesterday.

Also noticed that there is an Iron Banner event starting Tuesday, but you will need to have finished the Red Legion campaign to play in it. So I finally finished the campaign, but unfortunately that toon had already contributed the 5k clan points for the week. Ah well.

Anyone up for iron banner clan activities on Xbox this week?

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Yep, been playing most of the afternoon.. I want that Warlock armor. Already snagged the Pulse Rifle, Auto Rifle and Side Arm.

I'm certainly up for more

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi all - make sure you swing by Lord Shaxx and see if he has an engram for you as trulcy/soulchilde and I got the Crucible Clan weekly done.

I'm hoping I can get to power 280 on my primary Warlock toon this week - if I can, anyone up for a Clan (on xBox) Nightfall Strike on Sunday?

Also, I noticed at least trulcy/soulchilde and I reached the 10 package achievement in Iron Banner and got the emblem - which is pretty neat looking - anyone else do it? I did notice what looked like a bug in the Iron Banner rewards however - my power was 273 or so for most of the event, yet every single Iron Banner drop was Power 268, so the drops were comparatively poor. Anyone else see this?

I also hit up Xur this weekend and he had an awesome piece of Warlock Armor: The Wings of Sacred Dawn (though from Xur for me it was only Power 270 or so):

Tome of Dawn
Exotic Intrinsic
TOME OF DAWN When Dawnblade is equipped, aiming weapons while in midair suspends you there for a short time. Precision hits extend this effect's duration.

Kurth

Post by Kurth » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am

What time you thinking for the nightfall on Sunday? I haven't done one of those yet and would be up for it, depending on schedule.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Kurth wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am
What time you thinking for the nightfall on Sunday? I haven't done one of those yet and would be up for it, depending on schedule.
Thinking around noon/1pm pst?

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:15 pm

As I doesn't see anyone last week,anyone up for nightfall on Xbox this afternoon?