Ridiculous Fishing (iOS)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hipolito

Ridiculous Fishing (iOS)

Post by Hipolito »

It's kind of weird how many games have fishing minigames. Okami, Persona 4, and Nier are a few examples I've played. These minigames aren't really that fun, yet every time I feel compelled to catch all the different fish I can.

Now here's Ridiculous Fishing. I bought it because Destructoid gave it a 10/10 rating which they don't do often. I've played it as compulsively as the aforementioned fishing games, caught all the fish, and still didn't really enjoy it that much. It's a 6/10 for me. But it's a little more interesting than those fishing minigames.

There are three stages for each round of Ridiculous Fishing. First, you cast your line and tilt your iPhone or iPad to steer your hook as it plummets down the depths of the ocean, attempting to avoid the fish. The second stage starts when you hit a fish, whether intentionally or accidentally. Now you're reeling in your hook and trying to snag as many fish on the way up as you can. Finally, and this may be the "ridiculous" part, when the hook reaches the surface, you don't drag the fish you've caught into your boat. Instead, you launch them into the sky and shoot them with your gun.

You earn money for the fish you shoot, which you can use to buy lots of upgrades for your fishing equipment and gun. There are 66 different kinds of fish in the Fishopedia for you to get, and some of them are so tricky to find that you're going to need a walkthrough. And as you strive to catch them all, a story of sorts unfolds along with humorous asides from the fisherman's social media contacts.

It's all nicely presented and put together, but come on. No matter how "ridiculous" you make it, it's still just fishing.
Skinypupy

Re: Ridiculous Fishing (iOS)

Post by Skinypupy »

I found it quite amusing and have spent a decent amount of time with it (unlocked everything except one of the high-level weapons), but I would never say it's anything more than an amusing timewaster.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.