Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: [Xbox One] Official Announcement Thread

Post by YellowKing »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Xbox Live fired off some "Loyalty rewards" to Live Gold Members. Having been on gold since the 360 Launch I'm suprised I got nothing, but I assume it's because my gamer score is only 19K or so. Which is because I've only been playing downloaded games after the DVD drive broke on my 3rd 360.

In the resulting furor over who got stuff and who didn't, MSFT said they were releasing in batches and everyone would get something. If tru, I'm expecting they dump a bunch of free in-game items for some upcoming game.

If you were one of the chosen lucky ones, you may have gotten an email from Microsoft today that contained a freebie for the upcoming Xbox One. Xbox 360 owners, including myself, just received a free copy of Killer Instinct, which says will unlock all characters in the free-to-play title. Some lucky members are even getting a free Xbox One.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I've had an account since the beta days of xbox live back with the original xbox. Before the full launch even. Where's the love ms? Guess I just don't use it enough for them.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Anybody jumping on an XBox One on day one launch day?

I almost pre-ordered one a week ago, but there would have gone christmas money budgeted for presents to be purchased, so I
thought it would be best to not be a selfish bastard and just wait till 2014, maybe tax time refund money.

At the least we'll know by then if there are any major hardware failures happening with the first batches released.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've had mine pre-ordered since June. Just got the Amazon email that they're processing and it should be here Friday.

I'm as excited for the TV integration and Xbox Fitness as I am for the games. However, I do plan on picking up a bunch of games since my birthday is 4 days after launch.

Right now it's looking like this:

Day One Purchases:
Forza 5 Limited Edition (friend of mine has an extra copy on hold at Best Buy, so I'm going to take it off his hands at cost)
Dead Rising 3
Assassin's Creed IV

Hoping for birthday:
Just Dance 2014 (Drunkenly dancing to the Ghostbusters theme with the family on Thanksgiving? Yes, please)
NBA 2K14 (I don't even watch NBA, but this game has been getting great reviews and looks amazing)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (All my co-workers are going CoD as their game of choice on Xbox, so I'm just caving to peer pressure more than a genuine interest in this over BF4)

Nice to haves if people are feeling generous:
NFS: Rivals - don't think I'll need another racing game until I get burned out on Forza 5, but I do love NFS games and it's getting good reviews.
Madden 25 - Because....football, will make me more of a dudebro.
FIFA - I care nothing about soccer but if I'm going to try a FIFA game, seems like a good place to start.
Killer Instinct - I typically don't overly enjoy fighting games, but another one that's getting good buzz. At least I get to try it before investing any money.
Battlefield 4 - BF has been my shooter of choice on PC, so I wouldn't mind giving it a shot in the console world. Not going to invest with no friends playing, though.

Rentals:
Ryse - Not because I think it is going to be *that* terrible, but because the short length and my complete lack of interest in multiplayer just makes it really suited for rental status
Zoo Tycoon - This actually looks kind of good and I think the kids would love messing with the animals. But not going to drop $60 on it.
Lego Marvel - I'm not a huge fan of the Lego games but I enjoy them enough to at least try the new ones when they come out. Plus it's Marvel.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Got my notice email from the Microsoft store that my Xbox One shipped out this morning. I'm a current Xbox 360 user, but I was on the fence between the Xbone and the PS4. In the end, the TV integration swayed me to stick with Xbox. Hopefully I won't regret that decision. I don't care all that much about the Kinect, but hopefully the new and improved version will we worth the extra money. My daughter is excited for the new Just Dance, and my other kids are looking forward to the Kinect Sports Rivals.

Day One purchases for us include:
- Dead Rising 3 (for me)
- Skylanders Swap Force (for the boys)
- Forza 5 (for all of us)
- and an extra controller

Looking forward to Friday!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kurth wrote:Got my notice email from the Microsoft store that my Xbox One shipped out this morning.
It probably didn't ship out this morning. I got a notice Friday or Saturday. UPS still says label created and nothing else. Package is Next Day Air.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

coopasonic wrote:
Kurth wrote:Got my notice email from the Microsoft store that my Xbox One shipped out this morning.
It probably didn't ship out this morning. I got a notice Friday or Saturday. UPS still says label created and nothing else. Package is Next Day Air.
Oh. Way to rain on my parade! :(

Seriously, though. Thanks. Now I can stop neurotically checking back to see if there has been a status update.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

On the flip side, Amazon has already shipped my copy of Swap Force for XB1. I'll have that Wednesday. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

UPS has now updated with the following:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Label Created On: 11/18/2013
I was surprised to see that the package is weighing in at 16.70 lbs.
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

Kurth wrote:UPS has now updated with the following:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Label Created On: 11/18/2013
I was surprised to see that the package is weighing in at 16.70 lbs.
It's made with love. Love is heavy bro.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Still waiting for mines to ship, but I live close to several of Amazon east coast distribution centers, so I expect my box won't ship until tomorrow
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

It shipped!
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Friday, 11/22/2013, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Philadelphia, PA, United States, Thursday, 11/21/2013
I never ordered from the Microsoft store before, and I had my doubts. But so far, it looks like they're going to deliver!
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Still waiting on mine from Amazon to ship. I have to do a 24 hour shift tomorrow anyways and won't get a chance to play till I wake up Saturday but still I would hope Amazon comes through and gets it on time.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Out for delivery, too bad I won't see it until tomorrow. Good gaming coming my way with Super Mario 3D world also out for delivery.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Mine is in town and waiting at UPS. Going to go pick it up here in a few minutes. Unfortunately I have to come back to work afterwards. Going to be a looooong day.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

YellowKing wrote:Mine is in town and waiting at UPS. Going to go pick it up here in a few minutes. Unfortunately I have to come back to work afterwards. Going to be a looooong day.
You know, you're not looking very well. Might be contagious. Yeah, you'd better go home.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Microsoft is actually providing doctor's notes today -- if you need them. :wink:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

In news that matters nothing, the two videos that Jimmy Fallon has demoing each system made the PS4 look much cooler. This means nothing, but the demo program they showed for the PS4 with the robots trounced the demo of the kinect. Maybe it's just me, but I have zero interest in waving my arms around to control stuff.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

This means nothing, but the demo program they showed for the PS4 with the robots trounced the demo of the kinect. Maybe it's just me, but I have zero interest in waving my arms around to control stuff.
Yeah, but the OLD Kinect was doing that augmented reality stuff years ago. Hint: It gets old fast.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I totally agree that the PS4 Fallon demo was way better. I don't know that it really means much (like YK said, what they showed on the PS4 was schticky stuff that gets old), but they definitely did a much better job making it look cool.

I had read about the voice command stuff on the XBOne that sounds pretty cool, so I was hoping that they would show that off in the preview.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've been reading a lot of impressions about voice recognition, and you hear the gamut from "it works flawlessly" to "it works around 80% of the time" to "it's freaking broken."

From what I've been able to gather, you get the best results if you run through the voice calibration thing, learn the proper commands, and put a slight pause after "Xbox" as in "Xbox, on" vs "XBOXON!!" I've seen demos of people running through the thing for five minutes with just a constant stream of commands and never having to repeat a thing. So I think the tech works, but you have to be willing to put in the time to learn how to use it properly.

The only thing I'm getting the feeling may still be a little sketchy is the voice integration with cable TV. I'm looking forward to trying that tonight.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Voice control in my car is nice and makes sense. Talking to my console at home just feels weird. Does that make a lick of sense? Nope... :lol: Just curious, are the voice commands and kinect stuff a selling point for you or just an added bonus? To me all I really care about is the games and not all the extra fluff stuff and I get the feeling that a lot of people don't care all that much about this extra stuff.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:I took off launch day, I'm such a geek

My launch day line up

XB1 Launch Edition

Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghost

Probably will pick up FIFA 14 at a later date
Awesome!! Tell me what you think?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:I took off launch day, I'm such a geek

My launch day line up

XB1 Launch Edition

Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4

Probably will pick up FIFA 14 at a later date
Awesome!! Tell me what you think?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
DarkVulgar

Post by DarkVulgar »

We picked up the system from gamestop this afternoon. Nice system and we were lucky (so far) to not have any day one errors or grinding blu ray drives.

XB1 Day One Edition

Dead Rising 3
Battlefield 4
Madden 25
NBA 2K14
Ryse
Extra Controller with recharge cable

I forget which ones are gamestop $10 360 upgrades. The only con so far is one of the controllers batteries died like an hour after he started using it. Also look at the system carefully. When we were in the gamestop store picking up the system a guy was there returning one cause it was scratched up out of the box. He even missed a hairline crack that the employee caught.
DarkVulgar

Post by DarkVulgar »

YellowKing wrote:I've been reading a lot of impressions about voice recognition, and you hear the gamut from "it works flawlessly" to "it works around 80% of the time" to "it's freaking broken."

From what I've been able to gather, you get the best results if you run through the voice calibration thing, learn the proper commands, and put a slight pause after "Xbox" as in "Xbox, on" vs "XBOXON!!" I've seen demos of people running through the thing for five minutes with just a constant stream of commands and never having to repeat a thing. So I think the tech works, but you have to be willing to put in the time to learn how to use it properly.
It works for most of us.......I didn't try it myself tho. :wink: I'd imagine it wouldn't work to well with my brooklyness accent. I'll have to give it a test go some time. It can't be any worse then SIRI is for me on the phone. :grund:
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I'm looking forward to seeing impressions from real Americans and not the blamestream media.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Almost off my 24 hour shift. Wife said it is just sitting lonely in its box... two hours till I get to give it a try
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I've posted some impressions on GT, but I'll post my thoughts here as well:

Hardware:

This thing screams "quality" right out of the box. Very slick, looks great in my entertainment center. Not as big as you might expect from all the talk. Love the controller though the bumper placement feels too high. I see that complaint a lot though, and people say it's not a big deal in practice, so I trust that it's fine.

Setup was super easy, but I think MS missed an opportunity to really hand-hold new users. Most of the really common apps you would want are not installed by default, so you have to figure out how to go get them. The UI is super simple to anyone with some Windows 8 experience, but I can see how less tech savvy folks might be a little overwhelmed.

Voice Recognition:

It works, plain and simple. However, there are some caveats. You have to learn the commands and tricks to navigating the system via voice. Also, the Kinect REALLY doesn't like background noise so don't expect it to work great in a room full of people or kids. In a generally quiet house, however, it is very impressive. The only place I've had issues with accuracy was navigating TV channels, but to be fair I have not spent a lot of time messing with that.

I have already become very comfortable talking to the Kinect while walking around the house, doing chores, etc. I guess if you're sensitive to talking to electronics you may feel foolish. I think it's cool as shit though. I've been wanting to voice control stuff since watching The Jetsons. To me this is finally "at last, the future is here. About damn time!"

Kinect:

It's obvious from the first setup that this Kinect is vastly superior to the old. Much wider field of vision, excellent tracking without the need of a swivel motor, terrific in low light conditions. Kinect Sports rivals is a great showcase for how accurate and responsive it is - it detects subtle wrist movements with ease, but as with everything there is a learning curve to understanding what gestures it is looking for. (I spent a great deal of time bending over and flailing like an idiot trying to control my jet ski until I realized all I needed to do was grip "invisible handlebars" and perform very small motions.)

The microphone is also super sensitive. No need to shout, and it can even hear me at normal volume from across the room.

For me this is the killer app. I never messed with any video chat stuff on the 360, so this was all very new to me. I called up a friend in Connecticut and chatted with him half an hour. Got to see some of his house (the living room) since I had never visited, chatted about our kids, etc just as if we were in the same room. It must be noted he had all the lights off so as not to wake his kids and I could still see m perfectly. This is going to be awesome for staying in touch and letting our kids see each other.

Games:

Install times really, really, really blow. But once they're on there the gaming is fine. I've got Forza and Powerstar Golf, and enjoying both immensely. The ability to switch between games on the fly without worrying about it is awesome. Really the whole thing is so hassle free - I don't worry about whether the thing is on, off, standby, who cares. The thing is so quiet it doesn't matter.

Are there bugs? Sure. I've had some issues with lack of responsiveness in certain apps - for instance trying to read a message and it just won't pull up. Couple of little quirks here and there. But overall it's all stuff that feels like it will be patched up pretty quick. The whole thing feels just slightly ahead of its time for better and for worse. I can't wait to see it in another year when the kinks start to get worked out and the games really start flowing.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

QUESTION --- How quiet is the overall operation of the unit? Do you hear internal fans spinning inside the unit? (as was the case with the 360, very loud
noise from the unit, and from discs spinning up inside the tray). Thanks!

And CONGRATS to all the new owners of the XBox One, I'm green with envy, but I'll have one soon. Enjoy! :)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It's virtually silent, JSHAW. The 360 sounds like a jet engine compared to this thing.

Also got in a round of Xbox Fitness today:

THE GOOD:

- It will work you out. I completed a 10-minute Beach Body Cardio Workout and four-starred it. I was sweating so much I had to go take another shower.
- There's a good variety of workouts for free, and if you're careful about how you mix it up you could put together some good routines for no cost.
- The Kinect feedback is very helpful. You can't slack off, as the Kinect is watching you and will call you out on it. Getting 5 stars for a particular exercise is challenging, depending on the exercise.
- The achievement stuff/challenges are really cool. I completed two challenges with the 10-minute workout and received two stamps for my fitness card. If I get 8...something happens, I don't know what. But I'm motivated to find out. It's also neat to see how you compare to others in your age group. I feel like I'm leveling up myself. :D

THE BAD:

- The really good workouts still cost money, free trial be damned. This kind of blows, but I guess even MS can't give away P90X for free. So you end up with a smorgasbord of great demo workouts, but no really end to end complete programs. Still, I had enough fun with it that I'd be tempted to spring for some of the bigger workouts.
- The Kinect is tracking intensity more than form. This is kind of a good/bad thing. If it was too nitpicky, you'd probably spend so much time trying to look perfect that your intensity would suffer, and intensity with these home workouts is really the key. So I can't really fault it for that. However, it does mean you can cheat it a little bit - as long as it sees you putting force on the right muscle groups, it doesn't seem to care much if you're actually using 100% correct form.

All in all though, I really like it. It's only launch, and I'm sure there will be plenty of content added over the coming months. I think the biggest advantage it has over a stand-alone fitness title is that the variety could keep you from getting bored. On the other hand, a dedicated fitness title would probably do a better job of tracking proper form, heartrate, etc. I do wish they had not done the bait and switch of promising a free year then locking some workouts behind a paywall, but considering some of these workouts cost hundreds of dollars if you purchased them on a plain vanilla DVD I think consumers will still probably come out ahead.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Cool! That's a great selling point to a person who wants the jet engine noise silenced, like me.

The game I'm really looking forward to is TITANFALL. Nothing from the launch titles really grabs me, I have COD-Ghosts on 360 and haven't touched it yet.

When I bought the first XBox the only title that really took hold of me was HALO, the very first HALO.

I think TITALFALL is gonna have the same effect on me.

With games being the cost they are these days I'm really picky about what I'm going to purchase. If it's not a keeper I don't play it. And I definitely don't take
a stack of games I no longer want to GameStop to be raped on what price they'll buy them for, then turn around and sell for like $10 off what would be
the new purchased price.
DarkVulgar

Post by DarkVulgar »

Some Xbox game deals I saw up on bluesnews.

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/walmart-video-game-sale" target="_blank

Dead Rising 3 — $49 (normally $60)
Ryse: Son of Rome — $49 (normally $60)
Forza Motorsport 5 — $49 (normally $60)
Fighter Within — $49 (normally $60)

LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $60)
Just Dance 2014 (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $50)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $50)
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $60)
Need for Speed Rivals (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $60)
FIFA 14 (Xbox One, PS4e) — $49 (normally $60)
Madden NFL 25 (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $60)
NBA Live 14 (Xbox One, PS4) — $49 (normally $60)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, PS4) — $41.25 (normally $60)
Battlefield 4 Premium Service (Xbox One, PS4) — $39.99 (normally $50)
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Yeah I kept getting refund all day from Amazon due to lower prices. 10 bucks on each game. Pleasant surprise. Dropped enough I'm going to pick up fifa now I think.

Love my xbox one. Much better than I even thought. I'll post some thoughts later when I get a chance.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Initial impressions:
Install time on Forza is sooooooooooo loooooong.
Kinect 2.0 cable is way too short for my setup (front projector with A/V closet at the side of the room) and there is no such thing as an extension cable currently.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
ibdoomed

Post by ibdoomed »

coopasonic wrote:Initial impressions:
Kinect 2.0 cable is way too short for my setup (front projector with A/V closet at the side of the room) and there is no such thing as an extension cable currently.
Wait, it's not just USB? How in the... that's just asinine... MS is alienating like %30 of their customer base that don't have the box near the front of their room?! Good thing they eliminated the requirement for it.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Loving this system so far. Really glad I decided to pick it up.

The biggest thing I have been impressed with so far is it's overall integration of TV etc. Not that the games are not really good, but I expected them to be good. That is the standard. But the extra stuff really puts it over the top. Skype is really good, sure I have skype on plenty of other devices but the kinect camera is really good and the app works really well. Especially nice that it is voice controlled and I can sit on my couch. It will probably be the only device I use for skype at home now.
The TV integration is nice too, it's great to be able to switch in just a second. Also the snap feature is really cool too. Playing forza if I'm wondering what is going on in a game I can say "snap TV, watch ESPN" and while the game is still on the left ESPN pulls up on the right. It is really cool. Of course you can snap anything not just TV, so that is really cool.

The kinect is vastly improved. To the point where it makes the original look laughable. It works well at shorter distances, and seems to easily track multiple people. Up to 6 in Just Dance 2014. Which by the way is surprisingly fun. The old kinect would get confused if someone came in or out etc, but the new one the game has you dancing all around each other etc and it keeps track of you easily no problem. My brother and wife were playing and I jumped in mid song and the kinect instantly recognized me and put me in. Really the new kinect is just impressive.

Speaking of the new kinect it works really well with the free fitness app. It is beyond cool. Much better than the workout games on the 360. The heart rate scan is a nice touch, and surprisingly accurate. I thought maybe it was a stretch but it works and works well.
Voice control- if the room is reasonably quiet it does a really good job. As long as you start with Xbox and know the commands you pretty much don't need to pick up a controller unless you are playing a game. It's that good. Problem is when things start getting louder. It isn't as effective then. It will still work but it doesn't always work perfectly. But I will say I love walking in and saying "Xbox on" and seeing the xbox turn itself on and then seeing it turn on my tv all without me touching a thing.

The controller- mostly an improved version of the 360 controller. I actually like the changes in the triggers. The D pad is vastly improved. The one thing I am not sold on is the ridge on the analog sticks. It starts to get annoying, but when playing for a long time it does do a good job of keeping your grip. Sometimes the old 360 controllers- especially well loved one- would start to get a bit slippery after a while. These won't have that problem. But then again the ridges are, I don't know, irritating.
The feedback on the controller is really good. Vastly improved. The triggers have feedback etc, it just feels really really good in your hands.

In terms of games, I've really only played Forza and Just dance a lot, but Forza is beyond good. Being a big fan of Top Gear I was in heaven when my second race was on the top gear track. Just a fantastic game, looks good, sounds even better, plays perfectly. Just wow.
Just dance is surprisingly fun. Really fun.
I also downloaded the free killer instinct. It was decently fun. Not sure if I will spend any money on the characters. Time will tell.
Played COD: Ghosts for just a little while. I'm disappointed in it. Mostly because it says Co-op on one xbox but that seems to be a stretch as it's just MP on one xbox really. Can't seem to find a way to play co-op in the campaign.
I ordered Fifa last night because I have been loving the system so much. I want yet another excuse to turn it on, especially a good MP option on one TV.

The bad: Install times. Oh man install time. Good thing they let you play after it is like 20% installed because it takes soooooooooo long to install. That is really bad. No more popping a game in you picked up to play right away. Pop it in and watch some TV because it's going to be 10 minutes plus before you get to play.

So far that is the one bad thing. Possibly the ridge on the analog stick, but I can't decide on that one or not. And the Kinect voice commands not working as well in louder situations.

Overall the Xbox one is more than I expected. Very happy with this generation so far!
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I got the XBone on Friday, and really only had a couple of hours with it due to family commitments (and going to the Pats/Broncos game tonight). Here are my initial thoughts, from good to bad:

- Silent.
- Easy set up.
- Dead Rising 3 is really entertaining so far (much improved over DR2, both graphically and gameplay-wise, from my perspective).
- TV integration is a nice feature, but . . .
- TV integration is frustrating. The OneGuide is spotty, at best. I have VerizonFios, and a number of the channels on the OneGuide are just plain wrong. It also takes forever to switch channels. It would be faster just using the cable box remote.
- Snap is a nice feature, but . . .
- The real estate devoted to the snapped app is all but useless. The ratio is something like 85-15. It makes TV unwatchable, even for something like monitoring NFL scores on NFL Network Game Central. Why can't we resize?
- Voice control has been really touchy for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Maybe 50-50. Part of that is that I'm still learning it. Part of it is that the Kinect cannot deal with even minimal levels of background noise.
- It is also batting 50-50 in terms of recognizing me and automatically signing me in. Frustrating.
- Also, my son and I have set up profiles. We're supposed to be able to say "Show My Stuff" and have the XBone change profiles on the fly. It just doesn't work. At least not consistently. Frustrating.

Anyway, it seems like a lot of the reviews are spot on. It's a system with a tremendous amount of potential. I think it will get there eventually, but it's definitely a work in progress. Don't buy this thing thinking you're getting a fully finished, mature product. If you go in with those expectations, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

ibdoomed wrote:
coopasonic wrote:Initial impressions:
Wait, it's not just USB? How in the... that's just asinine... MS is alienating like %30 of their customer base that don't have the box near the front of their room?! Good thing they eliminated the requirement for it.
How do you know that 30% of their customer base doesn't have the XBox at the front of their room?
Hodor.