Destiny - Bungies next gen mmo

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hamlet3145

Re: Destiny - Bungies next gen mmo

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Pretty sure you just need to be level 40 for those. And, yes, the raids are a big part of the end game, but I haven't had any trouble finding other stuff to do to keep me busy while I figure out if I want to pursue those or not.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Somewhere on the screen it should say why you are blocked from it. My guess is that you are below the recommended light level. I think it is 240. You can get higher light level gear quickly by doing the vanguard strike playlist. Especially if you play through a streak of 2 or more strikes in a row

Also, daily crucible game (left of daily heroic) is a guaranteed source of legendary marks (10 I think). So go in there, play for 15 minutes or less then get you marks and leave.

But yes, do strikes first to get to 240 light. Then do daily heroic.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

raydude wrote:Somewhere on the screen it should say why you are blocked from it. My guess is that you are below the recommended light level. I think it is 240. You can get higher light level gear quickly by doing the vanguard strike playlist. Especially if you play through a streak of 2 or more strikes in a row

Also, daily crucible game (left of daily heroic) is a guaranteed source of legendary marks (10 I think). So go in there, play for 15 minutes or less then get you marks and leave.

But yes, do strikes first to get to 240 light. Then do daily heroic.
Ok, so I hit level 40, and the Daily Heroic Story Missions opened up to me. But I'm way under powered to do those. Following raydude's advice above, I tried checking out the Vanguard strike playlist, but I'm not sure what I should be doing. The Heroic strikes there are also rated as Impossible for me at me current light level of 209, but the Legacy strikes there are rated as Easy.

If I want to get a boost to my light level by securing better gear, are these Vanguard Legacy strikes what I want to be playing?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

The BEST way I've been getting legendary marks is by dismantling purple drops that I don't want or need.

I've leveled up purple drops all the way, dismantled and found they give me 5 marks instead of the
rate of 3 for a purple that has not been leveled up all the way.

I saved up 150 marks, the most I've earned so far in TTK, and bought the year 2 Suros Regime
auto rifle. Love it.

I've never fully completed a raid of any kind, and I don't like PvP, so for the entire first year
I've been a PVE only player. Still continuing that tradition in year 2.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Kurth, yes, try the legacy strikes or the non-heroic Taken King ones.

Also, do you know the engram trick of not identifying them all at once? Say you have 10-15 blue engrams to decode at the tower. They decode based on your light level so decrypt one and if it is an upgrade, equip it. Then do the next and so on. Because your light level keeps going up the engrams decode at higher and higher levels. Doing this I jumped from 200ish light to 280 within a few days. 280 and up things slow down. And now I'm starting to feel a bit stuck at 295.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

JSHAW wrote:
I saved up 150 marks, the most I've earned so far in TTK, and bought the year 2 Suros Regime
auto rifle. Love it.

I really want to buy the Year 2 Suros, but at lvl 280 I just don't want to spend the mark. It's one of the reason why Xur is becoming a non factor for me except for 3oC. I'm setting at 295 light.... I just see no reason to equipe something that low,,, Now I could find a shell higher than 280 for my Ghost
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

tru1cy wrote:
JSHAW wrote:
auto rifle. Love it.

I really want to buy the Year 2 Suros, but at lvl 280 I just don't want to spend the mark. It's one of the reason why Xur is becoming a non factor for me except for 3oC. I'm setting at 295 light.... I just see no reason to equipe something that low,,, Now I could find a shell higher than 280 for my Ghost
You can infuse the suros at 280 to a higher level stat. Takes some time but it can be done to where
you can get it close to if not over a 300.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

A really good read on what went right, and mostly wrong with vanilla destiny.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story- ... 1737556731
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

JSHAW wrote:A really good read on what went right, and mostly wrong with vanilla destiny.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story- ... 1737556731
Interesting read. As one of those still playing destiny I feel they really have redeemed themselves, but it's a little too little too late for many.

I didn't know there was a "destiny 2" coming out next year. That's disappointing if true. Unless it's basically just a big expansion for destiny.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

My understanding is that your characters will transfer over. The main thing is that they are unshackling the game from last gen hardware and making it XBONE and ps4 exclusive.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

So . . . Nightfall strikes. With the improved rewards these are starting to look a lot more enticing. And, based on a Reddit thread where at least two people attested to it, it's possible to get 300+ light level drops even if you are below 300 light. My defender titan is sitting at 295 and would love to give one a go if anyone is up for it some night. Only need 3 people, but you do need 280+ light.

In other news, I got the Sleeper Simulant yesterday. The final mission was a 280 light level version of the S.A.B.E.R. strike. Defending the satellite at the beginning was a major pain in the buttocks, but not too bad after that. Only wiped once. Interesting weapon--it's a fusion rifle that goes in the heavy weapon slot. Packs a whale of a punch, but very limited ammo. Need to compare it to my rocket launcher to figure out how useful it actually is. Could be good for certain bosses though.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Can anyone give me a brief overview of how Arms Day orders work? I just hit Rank 1 with the Gun Smith last night, and I placed an Arms Day order for a Suros scout rifle. How do I pick it up?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Oh, you just have to go back and pick it up next arms day (Wednesday). I guess he has to "build" it or something.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Kurth wrote:Can anyone give me a brief overview of how Arms Day orders work? I just hit Rank 1 with the Gun Smith last night, and I placed an Arms Day order for a Suros scout rifle. How do I pick it up?
Place your cursor over the order. The text should read:
An order for the <blah-blah gun>. Foundry orders are delivered via the Gunsmith every Armsday, which occurs every Wednesday.

So next Wednesday you go to the Gunsmith and he gives you the gun. Here is the interesting part:

Everyone gets the same "roll" of perks for a given Gunsmith rank. So, if your rank is Gunsmith 1 then you will get the Rank 1 roll, and so will everyone else who chooses that roll.

Choose?! There's a choice?

Yes there is. For Gunsmith Rank 2 there will be two "rolls" of each weapon offered. Say you ordered a Hakamaumau auto rifle and are Rank 2. Next Wednesday rolls around and you go to the gunsmith. He will give you the option of choosing:

Rank 1 Hakamaumau with Army of One, Rodeo, and Braced Frame/HighCaliber Rounds/Hand loaded
or
Rank 2 Hakamaumau with Army of One, Rangefinder and Snapshot/fitted stock/Smallbore.

For Gunsmiith Rank 3 there are 3 rolls for any weapon order you place.

Additionally, at Rank 2 you get to place two weapon orders per week AND you start the bounty quest for a class-specific legendary weapon.
At Rank 3 you get to place three weapon orders per week AND you start the bounty quest for a class-specific exotic weapon.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Hamlet3145 wrote:So . . . Nightfall strikes. With the improved rewards these are starting to look a lot more enticing. And, based on a Reddit thread where at least two people attested to it, it's possible to get 300+ light level drops even if you are below 300 light. My defender titan is sitting at 295 and would love to give one a go if anyone is up for it some night. Only need 3 people, but you do need 280+ light.
I'm game tonight if you want to give it a go. Light 292 Titan or Hunter. Should be on by 8:30pm but have to quit by 11pm.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

raydude wrote:
Kurth wrote:Can anyone give me a brief overview of how Arms Day orders work? I just hit Rank 1 with the Gun Smith last night, and I placed an Arms Day order for a Suros scout rifle. How do I pick it up?
Place your cursor over the order. The text should read:
An order for the <blah-blah gun>. Foundry orders are delivered via the Gunsmith every Armsday, which occurs every Wednesday.

So next Wednesday you go to the Gunsmith and he gives you the gun. Here is the interesting part:

Everyone gets the same "roll" of perks for a given Gunsmith rank. So, if your rank is Gunsmith 1 then you will get the Rank 1 roll, and so will everyone else who chooses that roll.

Choose?! There's a choice?

Yes there is. For Gunsmith Rank 2 there will be two "rolls" of each weapon offered. Say you ordered a Hakamaumau auto rifle and are Rank 2. Next Wednesday rolls around and you go to the gunsmith. He will give you the option of choosing:

Rank 1 Hakamaumau with Army of One, Rodeo, and Braced Frame/HighCaliber Rounds/Hand loaded
or
Rank 2 Hakamaumau with Army of One, Rangefinder and Snapshot/fitted stock/Smallbore.

For Gunsmiith Rank 3 there are 3 rolls for any weapon order you place.

Additionally, at Rank 2 you get to place two weapon orders per week AND you start the bounty quest for a class-specific legendary weapon.
At Rank 3 you get to place three weapon orders per week AND you start the bounty quest for a class-specific exotic weapon.
Great info! Thanks. Besides testing out weapons for the Gunsmith, are there any other ways to increase rank?

Also, I see that Xur is back today. I have ~55 strange coins right now. Should I be hoarding them or spending them? I'm light level 225 now, and it looks like Xur is selling some decent helmets. He's also selling exotic engrams. Are they worth the investment? Thoughts?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

The helms will be at 280 light so if you don't have a helm in that level I'd say go ahead and get one for 13 coins. The engrams really aren't worth it though. If you are doing strikes buy a bunch of the 3 of Coins and use one before fighting each boss*. That will give you a chance for an exotic engram to drop when he dies. The math works out that it's a better deal for the number of engrams you are likely to get. I've gotten a couple of good guns that way too. Xur doesn't seem to sell them very often at all. Also note that the engram's Xur sells for 31 (I think) coins are for year one stuff. That means they are low light level and are, I guess, meant for collectors.

Oh, and Ray, I might be on tonight. Plans still up in the air.

*Also works on the Taken bosses that spawn on Earth, Venus and Mars.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I'm up to light 261. I've been doing nothing but running Vanguard strikes. However, groups are very hit or miss.

Other than strikes, what are some other good runs I should be doing? I really want to get to 280 next weekend.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

So I'm plugging along in the game, and I'm enjoying myself but I can't do marathon sessions -- too damn stressful haha.

My hunter is level 11 w/ 52 light level.. And I'm running into a problem on the Fists of Crota quest. The last guy hammers me relentlessly, I've managed to get him down to about 1/6th of his health -- but unfortunately I ran out of heavy ammo and there's no drops even after I die. So i'm trying to take him down with a pulse rifle, golden gun and a grenade or two.

It says this is a level 10 mission, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't go grind awhile in patrols or something?

One other thing I've been doing is saving all of my cryptograms in the bank, since I seem to cross a level fairly quickly I can see legendary/unique gear getting stale fairly quickly. Is this a bad approach? Should I break a few of them open to see if there's anything to help me? I got tired of getting killed and him resetting with full health while I didn't have any heavy ammo on respawn.
No.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Xmann wrote:I'm up to light 261. I've been doing nothing but running Vanguard strikes. However, groups are very hit or miss.

Other than strikes, what are some other good runs I should be doing? I really want to get to 280 next weekend.
Definitely be doing the Weaponsmith quests--it will net you a great scout rifle and fusion rifle as a warlock. You need to get up to Rep level 2 for the first one I believe. If you have enough legendary marks you may want to buy some selective 280 light items. The ghost is a good idea as they rarely drop. Some of the post end-of-single-player- campaign quests have some nice rewards too.

Also, the groups get much easier at higher light levels. When everyone is 290+ you can tear through the strikes easily, even duo them if someone drops out. (Although, the matching has gotten much better at replacing people it seems).
Last edited by Hamlet3145 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

FishPants wrote:So I'm plugging along in the game, and I'm enjoying myself but I can't do marathon sessions -- too damn stressful haha.

My hunter is level 11 w/ 52 light level.. And I'm running into a problem on the Fists of Crota quest. The last guy hammers me relentlessly, I've managed to get him down to about 1/6th of his health -- but unfortunately I ran out of heavy ammo and there's no drops even after I die. So i'm trying to take him down with a pulse rifle, golden gun and a grenade or two.

It says this is a level 10 mission, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't go grind awhile in patrols or something?

One other thing I've been doing is saving all of my cryptograms in the bank, since I seem to cross a level fairly quickly I can see legendary/unique gear getting stale fairly quickly. Is this a bad approach? Should I break a few of them open to see if there's anything to help me? I got tired of getting killed and him resetting with full health while I didn't have any heavy ammo on respawn.
Yes, if you are having trouble with a mission redo some lower level ones to get more/better drops and to level up a bit. At a higher level you will be able to do the daily bounties too which will help a lot. It's odd how sort of front loaded the difficulty is in this game. It smooths out a lot better at higher levels/light. Also, feel free to send me an invite if you see me on and need help with a quest. It can make a world of difference to have an extra gun shooting away.

As for the cryptograms, you might as well open them to help as you level up. Especially any greens as those are worthless at 40 except for salvage. Make sure to only decrypt one at a time and then check to see if it ups your light level. If it does, equip it then move on to the next engram. This way your next engram will be more likely to decrypt at a higher level and so on.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Oh, and Ray, I might be on tonight. Plans still up in the air.
Hey dude,

Sorry I couldn't team up with you this past weekend. I had intermittent play times and couldn't commit to a definite block of time w/o interruptions. So it was a case of 30 minutes here and there. This coming Friday (pre-Halloween) looks better for me.
raydude

Post by raydude »

FishPants wrote:So I'm plugging along in the game, and I'm enjoying myself but I can't do marathon sessions -- too damn stressful haha.

Benny Hill dude, Benny Hill. For those of us who aren't Destiny gods a lot of the harder content can be solved by running away, shooting, then running away again. The last stage of the Fist of Crota has a roughly circular perimeter with some crates on one end which you can jump over to land in the water. Run around this path, turn around and shoot the boss, then turn and run again before he gets close enough to do his ranged sword attack. Add grenades and golden gun when they become available.

If you have a sniper then try doing headshots to sniper-lock him. He'll move his head back and to the left and you can get in several headshots that way.

I'll keep an eye out for you online if you want another person to do this mission with. Benny Hill works better with two or more people, because then we can run in different directions and the boss has to choose who to chase.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

raydude wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote: Oh, and Ray, I might be on tonight. Plans still up in the air.
Hey dude,

Sorry I couldn't team up with you this past weekend. I had intermittent play times and couldn't commit to a definite block of time w/o interruptions. So it was a case of 30 minutes here and there. This coming Friday (pre-Halloween) looks better for me.
Oh, no worries. Same for me. I was on but semi afk. This Friday more looks promising for me too.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Hey guys,

Calling all guardians at light level 260 or higher. Thinking of doing a "Festival of Light Friday" this Friday. Which means doing things inspired by the Festival of Light quests given by Eva Levante. So if you have the Traveller or Speaker mask and want to do Court of Oryx or Heroic Strikes you're in luck! We want to do them with you!

Or, even if you don't have either mask - which I don't - this is your opportunity to do Court of Oryx or Heroic Strikes - which also satisfy some other quest lines.

At the very least we can do the Daily heroic together (recommended light 240) to get our 15 legendary marks.

I plan on playing around 8:30 Friday night. I will host a party chat called "Destiny Help Desk". Feel free to join it. It should pop up in our PS4 interface when you go online and join Destiny. If not, press the PS4 button, scroll up to Party and choose "see all available parties". Then join. This will allow us to coordinate via voice chat and figure out what fireteams we should form and which content we should run. IIRC the party chat will still be up even after the host quits - so long as there is at least 1 person in the party. So feel free to continue even after I turn into a pumpkin around 11:30pm.

If you haven't hit light level 260 yet, fear not. I would like to try alternating Fridays between higher light level and lower light level players, so I'm hoping we can get together for "Next Tier November" next Friday.

See you there!
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

raydude wrote:Hey guys,

Calling all guardians at light level 260 or higher. Thinking of doing a "Festival of Light Friday" this Friday. Which means doing things inspired by the Festival of Light quests given by Eva Levante. So if you have the Traveller or Speaker mask and want to do Court of Oryx or Heroic Strikes you're in luck! We want to do them with you!

Or, even if you don't have either mask - which I don't - this is your opportunity to do Court of Oryx or Heroic Strikes - which also satisfy some other quest lines.

At the very least we can do the Daily heroic together (recommended light 240) to get our 15 legendary marks.

I plan on playing around 8:30 Friday night. I will host a party chat called "Destiny Help Desk". Feel free to join it. It should pop up in our PS4 interface when you go online and join Destiny. If not, press the PS4 button, scroll up to Party and choose "see all available parties". Then join. This will allow us to coordinate via voice chat and figure out what fireteams we should form and which content we should run. IIRC the party chat will still be up even after the host quits - so long as there is at least 1 person in the party. So feel free to continue even after I turn into a pumpkin around 11:30pm.

If you haven't hit light level 260 yet, fear not. I would like to try alternating Fridays between higher light level and lower light level players, so I'm hoping we can get together for "Next Tier November" next Friday.

See you there!
I'll let you know tomorrow, but I'd love to join.

I'm at 261 and need some better gear.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I'd love to do Court of Oryx. :horse: I managed to get the first tier done and one fight from the 2nd tier, but I'd be more than happy to redo the whole thing. Some good drops there (and fast!). If we can pull off the whole thing the final reward is a 300 light artifact I believe. X, do you have this quest yet? I think Eris gives it.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I'm sure you guys won't miss this, but Xur is selling the Zhalo Supercell today for 23 strange coins. One of the few primary weapons to deal elemental damage. (I'd actually been farming for it as an alternate to my Suros Regime).
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Hamlet3145 wrote:I'm sure you guys won't miss this, but Xur is selling the Zhalo Supercell today for 23 strange coins. One of the few primary weapons to deal elemental damage. (I'd actually been farming for it as an alternate to my Suros Regime).
Time for a Xur shopping spree? I have 80 strange coins and am at light level 271.

My helm is at 245.
My chest armor is at 271.
I don't have a decent auto rifle.

Thinking of spending 49 of my strange coins on the 280 Gravitron Forfeit helm, the 280 Alchemist's Raiment chest armor, and the Zhalo Supercell. May also grab 10 Three of Coins for another 14 strange coins.

Am I wasting my coins, or does this sound like a decent plan? I'm such an in-game horder sometimes . . . strange how that doesn't apply to the real world! :)
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I could use a nice weapon.... But I only have like 10 strange coins :(
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Kurth, if you specifically want those things then go for it. Theoretically, you could get them for less coins by grinding strikes and using 3 of coins, but this way you know what you are getting. EDIT: Wait--if this is one character you are buying for you can't wear two exotic pieces of armor at the same time. Also, the helm is for a hunter and the chest is Warlock.

X, if you can level up one faction today you would very likely be rewarded 4 strange coins. If you have a bunch of motes of light that you are sitting on you can exchange them for faction with Dead Orbit, etc. it would be really worth it to get the supercell.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Hamlet3145 wrote:Kurth, if you specifically want those things then go for it. Theoretically, you could get them for less coins by grinding strikes and using 3 of coins, but this way you know what you are getting. EDIT: Wait--if this is one character you are buying for you can't wear two exotic pieces of armor at the same time. Also, the helm is for a hunter and the chest is Warlock.

X, if you can level up one faction today you would very likely be rewarded 4 strange coins. If you have a bunch of motes of light that you are sitting on you can exchange them for faction with Dead Orbit, etc. it would be really worth it to get the supercell.
I've probably got around 50 motes of light.

Dead Orbit?
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I like them because they sell the Hung Jury scout rifle which is one of my mainstays. But New Monarchy or Future War Cult work too. I think you have enough motes.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Played with supercell today. I like it. If you like auto rifles you'll like this one.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Kurth wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote:I'm sure you guys won't miss this, but Xur is selling the Zhalo Supercell today for 23 strange coins. One of the few primary weapons to deal elemental damage. (I'd actually been farming for it as an alternate to my Suros Regime).
Time for a Xur shopping spree? I have 80 strange coins and am at light level 271.

My helm is at 245.

Thinking of spending 49 of my strange coins on the 280 Gravitron Forfeit helm, the 280 Alchemist's Raiment chest armor, and the Zhalo Supercell. May also grab 10 Three of Coins for another 14 strange coins.

Am I wasting my coins, or does this sound like a decent plan? I'm such an in-game horder sometimes . . . strange how that doesn't apply to the real world! :)
The way you've worded your post makes it sound like you think you'll be able to wear both the gravitron and rainment armor together. You can't. Only 1 exotic armor piece can be equipped at any given time. Also, the gravitron is a hunter helm and rainment a warlock chest piece. The supercell is a good buy. I like it. But if you don't like auto-rifles then you may not like it regardless.

I'd keep a reserve of at least 23 coins just in case Xur offers something that cannot be passed up next week.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

raydude wrote:
Kurth wrote:

My helm is at 245.

The way you've worded your post makes it sound like you think you'll be able to wear both the gravitron and rainment armor together. You can't. Only 1 exotic armor piece can be equipped at any given time. Also, the gravitron is a hunter helm and rainment a warlock chest piece. The supercell is a good buy. I like it. But if you don't like auto-rifles then you may not like it regardless.

I'd keep a reserve of at least 23 coins just in case Xur offers something that cannot be passed up next week.
Yeah, I kind of suck. Stupidly bought the helm and chest armor thinking I could use them both. This was even more stupid because -- as pointed out above -- the chest armor is Warlock only and of zero use to my Hunter. Oh well. The Zhalo Supercell is nice!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the 4th Horseman exotic shotgun? This dropped the other day and looked cool, but I don't see an option to infuse it to get it to a higher light level.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I'm being lazy, but can someone explain the imbuing process? I have a legendary weapon that under the description gives me the option to imbue.

How does that work?
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Xmann wrote:I'm being lazy, but can someone explain the imbuing process? I have a legendary weapon that under the description gives me the option to imbue.

How does that work?
Infusion lets you raise the light level of a piece of legendary equipment. In exchange for a few legendary marks (3, I think) and some common materials, you can raise the light level of a legendary item to the light level of a higher rated rare item.

By allowing you to raise the light level, infusion lets you keep using your favorite legendary equipment, even after its light level becomes relatively low.

[Edited to add that it's important to note that the rare item you are using to infuse the legendary item is lost in the process!]
raydude

Post by raydude »

Kurth wrote:
Xmann wrote:I'm being lazy, but can someone explain the imbuing process? I have a legendary weapon that under the description gives me the option to imbue.

How does that work?
Infusion lets you raise the light level of a piece of legendary equipment. In exchange for a few legendary marks (3, I think) and some common materials, you can raise the light level of a legendary item to the light level of a higher rated rare item.

By allowing you to raise the light level, infusion lets you keep using your favorite legendary equipment, even after its light level becomes relatively low.

[Edited to add that it's important to note that the rare item you are using to infuse the legendary item is lost in the process!]
For legendary weapons it takes 250 glimmer, 10 weapon parts, 1 mote of light, and 3 legendary marks. Infusing gives 80% of the difference between the higher item and lower item. Unless the higher item is only 5-8 levels higher than the lower, in which case it may give you all of it.

For example, infusing a legendary 285 weapon w/ a rare at 290 will most likely take the 285 weapon to 290. But infusing a legendary 275 weapon with a rare at 290 will only bring it up to 287. (290-275)*0.8 + 275

For exotic weapons replace 1 mote of light with 1 exotic shard. For legendary armor replace weapon parts with armor parts.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Hidey ho destinyorinos!

Looks like today's daily heroic is "Paradox". This is the one where we go to the Vault of Glass to clean out the Taken who are trying to take it over. Also, this is the one where you can pick up 4 hidden ghosts in order to initiate the first step of the exotic quest to get the "No Time to Explain" exotic pulse rifle.

The main requirement here is that the fireteam cannot wipe (aka everyone in the fireteam is dead at the same time). If that happens then one has to restart the mission because now you can't pick up the 4th ghost and initiate the exotic quest. So, rather than going in by myself as a fireteam of one, I was wondering if there was anyone else who wanted to do it as well so that they can start the exotic quest line.

From what I've been told it is not that hard. You should probably be at least light level 240, which is the minimum recommended for daily heroic missions. I was planning to start around 8:30pm because I have a limited playtime. I will put up a voice chat Party and anyone who wants to join can do so.

Even if you don't get on as early as 8:30 I suggest grouping up and trying to get the ghosts tonight. Who knows when Paradox will come up again in the daily heroic rotation. Here are some links that explain what to do:

step 1. find hidden ghosts in Paradox daily heroic.

steps 2-8 for the rest of the quest