Diablo 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Diablo 3

Post by FishPants »

Picked this up today for my Xbox.. At first I wasn't impressed with the graphics and fixed camera, but after playing it a bit I'm definitely hooked. I'm glad I got this as I don't pc game anymore, and I think they ported it well to the console.

Starting out playing a witch doctor, need to read up a bit on the best strategy for this class but so far so good!

Anyone else get this today?
No.
Roman

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Roman »

I played it on the PC and beat it twice.
I'm giving this version serious consideration .......

Something about big screen gaming in HD is drawing me to the darkside.

Maybe we can meet at Tim's again and I'll buy it off you ;)
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Roman wrote:I played it on the PC and beat it twice.
I'm giving this version serious consideration .......

Something about big screen gaming in HD is drawing me to the darkside.

Maybe we can meet at Tim's again and I'll buy it off you ;)
Gotta find somewhere in between that serves beer, and leave the kids at home. I will then take said money and pay my bar tab, everyone wins! ;)
No.
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

I still play the PC version whenever I get time, but I did pick this up in hopes of getting my wife playing it with me on the PS3.

Only played for a few minutes this morning and it seems like it's a good adaptation for consoles. Nice thing is they didn't just do a straight port from the PC, but significantly reworked the game (almost from ground up) to make it console friendly. Items/drops are significantly different from current PC version, inventory management is easier, menu screens much more fluid than on PC. Should be fun.
'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure
Roman

Post by Roman »

FishPants wrote:Gotta find somewhere in between that serves beer, and leave the kids at home. I will then take said money and pay my bar tab, everyone wins! ;)
Sold! How does the Mill St. Crossing Pub sound :D

Right now I know I am sold on the console version - I'm just looking for articles 'explaining' why which console is better.......
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I was playing this again last night and it continues to be fun, although I'm a little perplexed at how "low res" the graphics are. Some screens with text explaining an item won't fit in the subwindow (this isn't a matter of the whole screen running off the edges -- although there was a weird startup routine where I had to set the screen edges for some reason). Some Swords etc that have magic properties, the text runs below in a sub-box and I can't scroll it.

It's like when windows borks and boots up in 800x600; it works, but it's very 1995. For a new game, I'm a little surprised. Anyone else noticing this, or am I crazy?
No.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Use RT / LT to scroll the text boxes to see all the write ups.

I am having fun as well - dare I say more so than the 3 times I played through on the PC? There is something to be said about playing on the couch with a nice surround sound system.
I also find the controls very well done - I like that I don't have to stretch my fingers all over to have my character do something.

I'm only level 17 or so and have already found 2 legendary items and a handful of rares. And unlike the PC version my legendaries CAN BE USED by my character.

Liking it so far.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Planning on picking this up tomorrow to play with a couple friends. How's the multiplayer experience on the same screen?
Roman

Post by Roman »

no clue Chris - haven't tried yet sorry.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I forgot about that and haven't tried. I did read that if your partner has to wander off to use the can etc his character will auto follow which is pretty cool.
No.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Well we are planning on trying it out tonight I'll let you know how it goes.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Just got some birthday money...I could use a good co-op multiplayer game.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Roman

Post by Roman »

Played up to level 21 today - and I got 3 count em 3 legendary drops in one session!
Too bad the PC version wasn't this generous........
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Just finished playing with my brother and a friend. Got to level 13 all tonight. Everyone really was loving it. The on screen mp works great, except there is a bit of a rush for items and everyone takes a while to do shopping, blacksmithing, etc. So far I'm a big fan of this game. Especially the multiplayer.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

Chrisoc13 wrote:Just finished playing with my brother and a friend. Got to level 13 all tonight. Everyone really was loving it. The on screen mp works great, except there is a bit of a rush for items and everyone takes a while to do shopping, blacksmithing, etc. So far I'm a big fan of this game. Especially the multiplayer.
This has peaked my interest. The onscreen MP works well then? That is what I'm most interested in. Also, if I play onscreen with a friend, can we later play together online with the same characters?
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Eco-Logic wrote:
Chrisoc13 wrote:Just finished playing with my brother and a friend. Got to level 13 all tonight. Everyone really was loving it. The on screen mp works great, except there is a bit of a rush for items and everyone takes a while to do shopping, blacksmithing, etc. So far I'm a big fan of this game. Especially the multiplayer.
This has peaked my interest. The onscreen MP works well then? That is what I'm most interested in. Also, if I play onscreen with a friend, can we later play together online with the same characters?
We have really enjoyed it. The downside was any time we were in town. Everyone has to wait for people to finish transactions, blacksmith etc. it takes a while. The other annoying thing is waiting for people to remap their controls (or rather chose their powers) mid battle. With the right group this shouldn't be that common but there are times it happens. Luckily they made a way to equip new items without going to the inventory screen and slowing everyone else down. For our group we made the deal no checking inventory until we finished the current dungeon. Once we did that it really improved the flow of the game.

But other than the occasional screen sharing concern its the kind of console mp experience we've been looking for for a while.

And yes you can take your character with you. I believe with a gold account you can transfer it via the cloud and otherwise you have to use a usb flash drive. It has to be on the same console type (for instance can't go ps3 to xbox, ) but yes you can take your heroes with you. Play together then play on your own etc. I've only put about 10 hours into it so far but it has really been enjoyable.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Ok so I got through it pretty quickly, I'm surprised at the pace of the game. I figure I probably spent around 20 hours on it to beat it, which I believe is on the low end for rpgs. Either that or it's just been so long since I dusted off my xbox I can't recall!

Anyways I finished it in Normal mode, and now suggests I do it in Nightmare mode -- which apparently is how I level the blacksmith past the limit in normal (I now need pages or some such in addition to ingredients and money).

Is this worth it? Do you find replaying it (without multiplayer) enjoyable? I'm on the fence, and frankly it's hurting my butt.
No.
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

Well that's the whole thing with diablo, each difficulty doesn't change the story, just the loot. so its really all about the items and difficulty. If you are having fun then by all means keep going, if you're looking for more story, might as well quit now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
- Bertrand Russell -

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure
Crabbs

Post by Crabbs »

Oh forgot to say, I enjoy the item hunt, too bad they fucked up the PC itemization. Hopefully the expansion patch will fix it on PC.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
- Bertrand Russell -

The Rainbow's Reward

Olivia's Big Adventure
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Downloaded and played most of the demo this morning. Props to Blizzard for giving a full demo - I haven't beaten it yet but I probably put two hours into it. It caps you at level 9, but that's plenty of time to get a good feel for the game. It's fun, but I think the demo was enough to satisfy my action RPG needs (the downside of having such a large demo, I guess). And all the button pressing got to me - I think my thumb is developing a blister. :violin: One question, though: are you able to pick and choose upgrades when leveling up in the full game or do you always get the same upgrades at each level? That would be sort of disappointing: one of my favorite parts of these type of games is picking and choosing what skill tree path to go down.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Because you can respec at any time, there's no real skill path to go down. You don't get a choice as to which skill, but it's easy to mix and match the skills you already have with the new skill.
Black Lives Matter
RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

Finishing normal does not constitute "beating the game". Diablo 3 was designed for you to play through all four difficulty levels. On the PC version you don't even get all of your runes and passives until you hit level 60, which happens somewhere in hell difficulty (assuming monster power == 0). Normal is simply the world's longest, most elaborate tutorial. The game really isn't that challenging until the elite mobs have three affixes, and that happens in hell difficulty.

I say all of the above based on the PC version. I know that they re-itemized the loot for the console version, but I'm assuming that the base game is the same as the PC. By "base game" I mean level progression, skill progression, rune progression, and monster difficulty.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

RLMullen wrote:Finishing normal does not constitute "beating the game". Diablo 3 was designed for you to play through all four difficulty levels.
I finished Hell difficulty 2 or 3 characters (can't remember exactly). I have no intention of wasting time replaying the same exact content yet again on Inferno. As far as I'm concerned, I finished the game.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

gilraen wrote:
RLMullen wrote:Finishing normal does not constitute "beating the game". Diablo 3 was designed for you to play through all four difficulty levels.
I finished Hell difficulty 2 or 3 characters (can't remember exactly). I have no intention of wasting time replaying the same exact content yet again on Inferno. As far as I'm concerned, I finished the game.
I finished on normal and consider it done. Unless there's more story, it's done. Replaying the same content on a different difficulty setting is just that, a replay.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yep it's a replay but Inferno at Monster Power 10 is nothing like Normal.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Playing the Diablo 3 demo with my wife tonight -- it's exceptionally generous for a demo. We've been playing for about 2 hours already, and while I think the end is in sight, we're not there yet.

So far, it's bringing back a lot of good Champions of Norrath memories. But man, the storytelling is crap. Hard to believe that a company of Blizzard's resources can't do better than this.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

It's not about the story, it's supposed to be about the loot. Loot 2.0 for the PC should be coming early next year with the expansion. I suppose it's controversial as to whether or not Blizzard can tell a good story in any of its games but don't look for a story in D3.
Black Lives Matter
KDH

Post by KDH »

In case anybody is interested .. First time for Seasons on Console
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three Haedrig’s Gifts. Each one contains a few pieces from one of your class sets.

The available class sets change each Season. You can unlock one per Season across all your Hardcore and normal characters, so choose wisely! That said, here are the ones you can earn in the upcoming Season:

Barbarian – The Legacy of Raekor
Crusader – Armor of Akkhan
Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder
Monk – Inna’s Mantra
Witch Doctor – Zunimassa’s Haunt
Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus
Enlarge Image

starts March 31

this is the season tracker for PC .. not sure if console quests/challenges are the same (compliments of ImageBagstone @ diablofans)

an overview of season-10
Ain't nobody got time for that
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I've been playing a bunch the last week or so. I finally checked out Icy Veins for info. My top characters had hit walls. I had several that could clear in the T11-13 range. But my current sights are on GR70 (equiv. to about T17, I think) in order to open up the new Primal items.

I've managed to get one of my monk builds to GR68. The last two are going to probably take some luck. Finishing might not be an issue. But finishing in 15 minutes will be.

I've gotten a different Monk, a Witch Doctor and a Demon Hunter up to about GR64. But then they hit walls.

Today I've been working on getting a viable Wizard build. It's mostly done. Currently running T9 easily.

It's kind of fun destroying the mobs. :twisted:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

KDH wrote:In case anybody is interested .. First time for Seasons on Console
Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three Haedrig’s Gifts. Each one contains a few pieces from one of your class sets.

The available class sets change each Season. You can unlock one per Season across all your Hardcore and normal characters, so choose wisely! That said, here are the ones you can earn in the upcoming Season:

Barbarian – The Legacy of Raekor
Crusader – Armor of Akkhan
Demon Hunter – Embodiment of the Marauder
Monk – Inna’s Mantra
Witch Doctor – Zunimassa’s Haunt
Wizard – Delsere’s Magnum Opus
Enlarge Image

starts March 31

this is the season tracker for PC .. not sure if console quests/challenges are the same (compliments of ImageBagstone @ diablofans)

an overview of season-10
Ah sweet. Of course I just uninstalled it to save some space. This is a fun co-op game so I could see me giving this a shot.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
KDH

Post by KDH »

Apparently Blizzard is teasing Diablo 3 on the Switch Console

2 Mar 2018
Diablo III for Switch is apparently being teased by Blizzard

New video points to Switch version of acclaimed RPG

Nintendo Switch owners look set to receive a port of Blizzard Entertainment's critically acclaimed Diablo III, according to a Twitter teaser posted by the World of Warcraft developer.

While nothing official has been set in stone, the video, which features a Diablo light switched (get it?) on and off, pretty much speaks for itself. The safe bet here is that a Diablo III port is on the cards, though hopefully we'll hear something concrete soon enough.

Dungeon crawler Diablo III was released initially on the PC back in 2012, although since then it's appeared on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. The most recent version of the game came in the shape of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition, which we thought was pretty damn impressive.

Fingers crossed it makes the jump to Switch pretty sharpish, eh?

Ain't nobody got time for that
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I would be all over this. Never found a good mobile alternative for Diablo, and finally just gave up trying all the clones.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rivaldo

Post by Rivaldo »

I'm a huge spamming asshole.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Happy Diablo 3 on Switch week! I'm pre-loaded and ready to rock. Have a friend who's gonna play through with me. Anyone else getting back in or heading down for the first time on Friday?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'll be picking up my copy on Friday. Just in time for a cross-country flight and company conference starting on Sunday. :)

This will now be the third time I've bought this game (PC, PS4, Switch). D3 is the gaming equivalent of comfort food for me. I can go back to it at any time and always enjoy it, even if I don't ever get into the crazy high-level gear grind.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Can't wait. I suppose I need to start working on picking a character class...
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I'll probably grab it for the third time...
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am Happy Diablo 3 on Switch week! I'm pre-loaded and ready to rock. Have a friend who's gonna play through with me. Anyone else getting back in or heading down for the first time on Friday?
I have it pre-ordered, but I'll probably still be punching my horse and shooting my friends in the face in RDR2.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I have it pre-ordered. Hope it comes in today. And I love the crazy high level gear grind. That's the best part to me.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I need to decide which class to play. I generally tend to enjoy melee a bit more, so I've played through with Barb, Crusader, Monk, and Necro. I've actually never tried Wizard, Witch Doctor, or Demon Hunter. Looking to mix it up a bit this time and try something new.

Suggestions or recommendations?