[Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Re: [Mobile] Real Racing 3, annoying as heck, but fun

Post by Bob2567 (4 rr3) »

Kasey Chang wrote:Interesting. I was offered the MacLaren F1... twice. Once in Vanguard, and I didn't buy it. In 12+ CYL Slam after winning the first event I was offered AGAIN, same 20% discount. Hmmm... Something to keep in mind.

Another hour to see the Bentley Conti SS delivered. I'll probably have to do the WiFi off trick to finish this series (Euro Supercar Duel) to 100% as some of those events have ridiculously high bars. But it should be quite doable.

I really don't feel like buying the 918 RSR Concept. 105 gold is NOT easy to come by, and looking at the result of the 2 series, buying those cars won't bring back nearly as much gold as I need to spend. In East/West Throwdown my Sumo GT-R GT1 is 15/20 upgrades, and 63.4 PR. The 918 RSR Concept is only 56 PR, so that means it needs 10-15 upgrades just to match the GT-R. Any gold I earn from the series is going to be offset by the upgrades alone.

Yeah, I think I'll go grind and buy the M3 ALMS. That seem to be a good fun car to take around the track.
Yeah, the final Suzuka race (requires most non gold m3 upgrades) gives you a base of 34000, plus 4000 clean bonus
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

and it is a very fun car to throw round the track..like the R8's it inspires loads and loads of confidence, the turn in response is incredible.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Crap, cannot get 100% on the Supercar Duel. The next to last race, Speed Record, the Ai is doing 202. The problem is my MB SLS AMG can only do 201.8 even if I turn off the autobrake. And the only way I can go any faster is by paying for an upgrade... and 18 gold upgrade. (Crap!)

I'll reboot and see if I can "draw" a lower record that I can beat.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

How fast is the supersports?
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

How fast is the supersports?
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Never upgraded the Conti SS much, thus MUCH MUCH slower. :)

Well, at least in the corners. Top speed is almost equal, acceleration, hmmm...

Any one got that 225 gold for $19.95 USD special offer? That is a pretty hefty discount, if I want to spend gold. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

no..at this point I don't see the necessity of just buy a couple of hundred gold when in reality I'm going to need 1000's...and with 1000's of gold cost 100's of $. I don't see me buying gold unless it drops significantly more than that..or a win the lottery, either or.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The Conti SS, after a couple R$ upgrades, has higher top speed and acceleration, but less G's for turns. I'm upgrading it again (spending 100K in R$) to make sure I get the 100% point. (NOT spending gold!)

EDIT: Hah! Finally! After Putting in 16 of 30 upgrades, this baby did 205 mph max on that max downhill run on Panorama... with brake assist off. :) That's enough to take first and complete the series to 100%, which yielded... 21K and 21 gold, roughly (I didn't look that closely). Now I am REALLY going to go for the M3 ALMS...

EDIT: Level 102, 246K R$ and 150 Gold. Will probably have to buy the darn lexus LFA... eventually. Right now it's back to the grind.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Why have to buy the LFA? surely that will just cost more gold...and from what I've read you can't get 100% in the LFA series without spending Gold...

EDIT; congrats on completing the series though..you flying ahead of me!!!
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

oooooohhh..
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Okay, night racing. That's going to be interesting as you really have to memorize the tracks.

Any way, here's how to beat a 911 RSR with a regular 911. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2XBF9Dr-B4
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

genius..I haven't perfected my 'pitting' ability yet..
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Looks like the update just dropped I noticed the icon changed.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

slightly irritated...my update keeps sticking..means I've lost the daily bonus...ah well, my fault for living in hte middle of the jungle...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

blahbot wrote:slightly irritated...my update keeps sticking..means I've lost the daily bonus...ah well, my fault for living in hte middle of the jungle...
If you have a good cloud backup, you can restore from backup and redo the daily bonus.

I accidentally did this last night. I did a time trial and realized I squandered the bonus. So I restored from cloud and voila, there's the daily bonus again.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

Sick...still hasn't downloaded. My backup should be from right before I started the download..
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 103

Finally bought that BMW M3 ALMS. :) 18K R$, 150 gold. It'll be 18 hours to deliver. That's 60 cars out of 91. Bought 2 upgrades for it... Engine and Drivetrain. This car's can do 1.5 G around corners, so first upgrades are actually engine and drivetrain.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

BMW is a great car, especially after you stick some handling upgrades in it!

However, everytime I try and start a race I get a message about downloading more game assets...it's driving me nuts!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just had a race that I found humorous. I was on my Zonda F, and my opponent is in a Mucielago. At race start, he pulled away like bat out of hell. I'm like, hmmm... will this be a tough race? ( know the Mucie is a dragster, and my Zonda isn't. And this is on the Indianapolis Road Course. I laughed when the guy almost spun out on that first corner, that big right-hander. I overtook him three corners later, and it's only a two lap race.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 103.5, 60 cars out of 91. Started racing the BMW M3 ALMS. Dang, that is one car glued to the corners. I was doing Spa and I can brake so late into the corner I was absolutely amazed. You really have to abuse this car to get the tires to squeak. I did that super-high speed left-turn corner with no brakes at 170 mph before coming to the chicane to the finish. Now I just need to get it up to PR level 68 to finish all races EXCEPT the ones involving Porsche 918 RSR Concept. I want a more reliable money maker, as 80/90K with daily quadruple ain't quite enough when we're talking car prices of 1.2 to 1.8 million.

Already unlocked the GT1 race, but did NOT buy the Ford GT1 just yet. I know it'll slap me with "1 chance only 20% off" offer, and I plan to have a mil or two waiting for it and the next car or two. I can always go buy the MacLaren F1 if I get tired of the Zonda. :)

And I am STILL unbeatable with Aston Martin V12 Vantage on the Catalunya track. With 20 out of 30 upgrades, I've yet to lose a single TSM race unless my tablet goes on the fritz (once it lost steering altogether and sent me into a wall... TWICE) or I was stupid and forgot to turn on my driving aids. :D And usually I can get back my lead given enough track.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Driver level 103.5, 60 cars out of 91. Started racing the BMW M3 ALMS. Dang, that is one car glued to the corners. I was doing Spa and I can brake so late into the corner I was absolutely amazed. You really have to abuse this car to get the tires to squeak. I did that super-high speed left-turn corner with no brakes at 170 mph before coming to the chicane to the finish. Now I just need to get it up to PR level 68 to finish all races EXCEPT the ones involving Porsche 918 RSR Concept. I want a more reliable money maker, as 80/90K with daily quadruple ain't quite enough when we're talking car prices of 1.2 to 1.8 million.

Already unlocked the GT1 race, but did NOT buy the Ford GT1 just yet. I know it'll slap me with "1 chance only 20% off" offer, and I plan to have a mil or two waiting for it and the next car or two. I can always go buy the MacLaren F1 if I get tired of the Zonda. :)

And I am STILL unbeatable with Aston Martin V12 Vantage on the Catalunya track. With 20 out of 30 upgrades, I've yet to lose a single TSM race unless my tablet goes on the fritz (once it lost steering altogether and sent me into a wall... TWICE) or I was stupid and forgot to turn on my driving aids. :D And usually I can get back my lead given enough track.
Yeeyah, last race with gt2 alms gives you 140000 with quadruple
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver 103.8, 61 cars out of 91.

I bought the Vanquish. :) I generally don't buy gold only cars, but this one is 40% off and I can use it to finish TWO series for gold, so I'll get a good chunk of it back if I manage to fnish both series. Aston Martin series is now at 99%. I got 2nd place, not first, with the Vanquish only race at Dubai. That's because I bought ZERO upgrades. Heheheh. I just went for full level 1 upgrades... At least it's not gold.

Making steady progress on Accolade Open. I'm beating most races I come across, but the car's delicate enough to require a full repair after some serious laps.
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

I just bought the Vanquish as well..I didn't realise it could be used for two series...that's very cool.

Made it to level 95,51 cars $5.5 mil but only 749Gold (sob...)

Looking forward to getting to the Open wheelers, I've been practicing driving 'in car' I still prefer the "helicopter" view though. my Accolade is still at 91% I'm tending to just do the final Suzaka race everyday rather than any of the others...I cannot get my best lap below 1:40 no matter how hard I try...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I only drive with the "hood/bonnet" view.

I'll check my own lap records, but I doubt it'll be that compatible. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Driver level 104.8, 61 out of 91 cars. R$ 136K, Gold 107.

Making lots of money at Accolade using Suzuka run as the daily quadruple, but spending a lot of money too. Went for full level 2 upgrade on the Vanquish as I want to win that endurance race in this next series.

Have all the cars for "Grand Tourer Supremacy" which is right under the Euro Supercar Duel. However, the series has 2 final races that requires PR rating of 48, and my best car is PR=47.4. Which means I need TWO upgrades, and both of them are gold only. My AMG Black-series is 16 out of 19 upgrades, but the final 3 upgrades are 22 gold, 20 gold, and 10 gold. Even if I picked the two cheapest I know I'll net a loss on this series even if I get 100% completion. This series can't pay more than 20 gold. Hmmm...

I checked Accolade and I was pretty sure I was doing full race of 8:30 or so. I forgot to record my daily quadruple run. AI / TSM are doing about 9 minute races.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I decided to got for some gold upgrades for my AMG SL 65 Black Series, as I want to finish that Grand Tourer Supremacy series. The Black actually has 23 out of 29 upgrades at 47.4, but all currently open upgrades are indeed gold only: 4/7 on engine, 3/4 on body, and 4/3 on suspension at 22, 10, and 20 respectively. I decided to go for 22 and 10. If that's not enough to win I can dump 120K on one more engine upgrade, taking it to 48.4 or so, whereas if I went for 10 and 20 upgrade and that's not enough to win I have to spend ANOTHER 22 gold for one more upgrade.

My Weekly Time Trials... I was horribly slow because i wasn't using my best car. on the Dubai time trials I was using the Vanquish, which is only PR=35.1. I switched to my BMW M3 ALMS (PR=70.1) and even on an imperfect run (still figuring out the braking points) I was easily 6-8 seconds faster, which is enough to push me into "top 20%" (even when facing MacLaren P1's). :dance:

I have no problem with the "daily missions" for the LeMans 918 Hybrid :drool: but I fear I won't have the right cars when day 10 comes. I imagine it will want some RSRs or some of those uberexotic Porsches. :snooty: :think: :snooty:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My best lap at Suzuka with BMW M3 ALMS with 13/15 upgrades is 1:40.823. I doubt I can shave any more time off that run. Total time is 8:37.785

There are certain places at the course where a quick tap on the brakes improves entry and exit speed rather than rely on autobrake. The roundabout after the two right turns, the left kink before the Chicane near the end, that big "gentle" left hand turn before that...

Just hit DL=105

Forgot to repair my Carrera GT, so can't win the Round 1 of Lemans Qualifier. Need endurance of 11.1 miles, but both Gallardo and Viper can do only 11.0 miles But they have PR=47, where as my Carrera GT is like 55 or so. Hopefully that'll be enough. As there's 2 more rounds of that qualifier... just for one day.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

At this rate I'll have to do the LeMans qualifier with airplane mode ON.

I tried the endurance again with Carrera GT, which takes 3.5 hours to refit. Made it exactly 11 miles... but the goal was raised to 11.2 miles (WTF?!) Also, the vehicle won't autobrake (or even brake?!) while coasting, ruining my turn.

3rd time I did it the game didn't pull any opponents... I got the default AI and the max was only 6.2 miles. and of course, I did 11.2 miles that run. :-P

Did the next Indy Speedway enduro without colliding, and still made it 24 miles. Guess all that practice with the GT500 paid off. :)

However, I have no cars left to do the 3 races in Stage 3 of Day 2... Carrera GT, Gallardo, AND Viper are all in the shop... (Vanquish is too weak to attempt the events)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Managed to finish the LeMans daily qualifier... by staying out of range of my WiFi router.

Finished the Grand Tourer, by doing the same. I can beat the AI, but some of those TSM cars are freaky fast. Got 25K and 25 gold for my efforts. Still a net loss since I spent 32 gold to fix up the AMG SL 65 Black to make sure that happens.

Discovered that the Porsche 918 Spyder has a secondary use in a series later in the intro SuperCar series. Guess I'll have to save up some money to get it later. Trying to save up some gold and R$ in case I need to bribe my way up the LeMans event. Noticed that they added 3 LeMans LMP1 cars... Porsche, Audi... AND Toyota.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Can do the last race in Accolade for 1:40.239, that's the M3 ALMS with 13/15 upgrades.

I *may* be able to get it down to 1:39.xxx, but it'll take a lot more work. Though I figured out some places here and there I may be able to shave off a hair here and there.

That left jink after that long sweeping left? Taking it at no brake means you corner at 158 mph. If you tap the brake just before that and cut across the corner, you can do 162 mph. Hmmm... There are similar savings here and there. I think I figured out how much I can brake and still make that big sweeping left. I think there's something I can do at the roundabout to squeeze out a little more time. (or pay for the upgrades... hahaha)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Gah! The cloud save had overwritten my progress!
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Gah! The cloud save had overwritten my progress!
U ok? I hope u don't mean you lost your progress.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Lost a day's racing, basically. The series completion and LeMans qualifier? Lost. Had to redo. This time I'm forcing cloud save every 2 races to make sure they save properly.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Lost a day's racing, basically. The series completion and LeMans qualifier? Lost. Had to redo. This time I'm forcing cloud save every 2 races to make sure they save properly.
Phew. Thought your only car was the Silvia, :p
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Wow, this last challenge (6 of 6) on this day got me stumped.

To show my "dominance", I was given 5 laps to LAP one car out of 22 at the super-short track of Brands Hatch. I have 3 out of 4 cars (Porsche GT3 Cup, Lambo Gallardo GT3, and Viper ACRX). Out of which, lambo is PR of 53, while both Porsche and Viper are like 47.

Tried all three cars. Can't do it. Now all three are in the shop and I have to wait at least 2-4 hours to get them back and try again.

I was thinking I had to cause a huge accident near the start to have a chance to complete this challenge.
Bob2567 (4 rr3)

Kasey Chang wrote:Wow, this last challenge (6 of 6) on this day got me stumped.

To show my "dominance", I was given 5 laps to LAP one car out of 22 at the super-short track of Brands Hatch. I have 3 out of 4 cars (Porsche GT3 Cup, Lambo Gallardo GT3, and Viper ACRX). Out of which, lambo is PR of 53, while both Porsche and Viper are like 47.

Tried all three cars. Can't do it. Now all three are in the shop and I have to wait at least 2-4 hours to get them back and try again.

I was thinking I had to cause a huge accident near the start to have a chance to complete this challenge.
Did it with the lambo, turned off wifi. Must have got an easy opponents list. :dance:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yep, did the same thing, actually. What's gotta be done... gotta be done. :)

Some of these upgrades are absolutely ridiculous. The final engine upgrade for MB AMG SL 65 Black is... 50 gold. Yep, you heard right... 50 gold. (and the upgrade before that is 127K R$, enough to buy several cars)

Right now I'm just playing to accumulate money. I'm back up to 485K, and I really want 800K plus to buy the Porsche 918 Spyder Concept, then when I accumulate enough again, MacLaren F1. I'm saving the GT1 races for much later, even though I could afford the FIA Ford GT GT1 now.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can't believe I screwed up 3 different time trial runs of LeMans in a row... (2 in Viper and 1 in 911 CUP)
blahbot

Post by blahbot »

I had to use the lambo as well..not tried the next round yet..

Just bought the Aston V12, not tried it yet, about 50% on the Aston series, 70 % on prestige..just put the stage three engine in the GT2, stil sitting at 91% on Accolade I do the final Suzuka, have to service the 'beamer and then do the same every day.

$5.5mil, 791Gold, level 97, 52 cars.