Harmonix does Kinect right - Fantasia!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Pyperkub

Harmonix does Kinect right - Fantasia!

Post by Pyperkub »

I had heard that Harmonix might be working on a new game, but I had no idea. Harmonix has convinced me to get an XBone, when I was pretty much going to sit this console generation out.

Fantasia: Music Evolved

I've been waiting to see Kinect used well, and this has my mind completely blown... and the video is from last year - this comes out this year (in theory)!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
coopasonic

Re: Harmonix does Kinect right - Fantasia!

Post by coopasonic »

I hope you can place your xbox one within 9 feet of your kinect. 6 months later and there is still no extension cable on the market. Yes, I am bitter.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Yes I can, but I don't even have one yet. But I'm getting one for this. Day freaking one that it's out (well, maybe the day before, so that I can have it all setup...).

I saw a review for Spiderman 2 today, and watching this, I wish Harmonix could make a Spiderman game for kinect. They get it. Or an Iron Man game. I wish my joints and bones weren't so old that I can't do their dance games...

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Let's hear it for proprietary cabling! :horse:
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Fri May 02, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Before y'all start complaining, watch the dang video. It's transformational and exciting, and really shows the potential. So... save your bitching for the main xbone thread and shaddap! :tjg:

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Look, I'm sure linking up with the Disney licensing teat was a smart move, but as an unabashed fan of the original Guitar Hero games and Rock Band, this is a huge step back, IMHO. While I know there wasn't any thing left to explore and plastic instruments were likely breaking at a significant enough rate to cause financial issues, this looks like total cheek.

I fully recognize I'm not in the target demographic, but color me unimpressed.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Let's here it for proprietary cabling! :horse:
God, people just won't shut up about proprietary cabling.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its neat but this is just one of many reasons I never got a Kinect...its just on screen prompts telling you how to move your arms. No game or anything to it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:Its neat but this is just one of many reasons I never got a Kinect...its just on screen prompts telling you how to move your arms. No game or anything to it.
There's more to some of the other games, but the mind-blowing thing for me is that they're managing to facilitate the manufacture of new music too, with the drum bits and the mods of the other instruments, as well as doing some teaching.

In a way, I'm seeing it as the first iteration of minority report computing interfaces, just for working with music.

Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Wasn't this supposed to release for the 360 too? I can't watch the video right now, is it now an xbone exclusive? I was mildly interested in it, but not enough to buy an xbone.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Unless something has changed, no, it's supposed to be coming out for the 360 and the 'bone.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Coming out 10/21 -- here's a short trailer titled, "The Neighborhood".

I guess if you're looking for singing vegetables you can control with body movements, this will be your go-to game of Fall 2014.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

So, we finally got an xBox One, and this was the first game I had to have. We got it with the Kinect, mostly for this game, and it does not disappoint. Absolutely loving it so far, and if you have a Kinect and a love for music, this is a must have game.

If you have an xBox One without a Kinect, but have a love for music, this game is worth the price of the game AND the Kinect, IMHO. What a blast!

If this had been a launch game, MS may not have nuked the Kinect so fast.