PS4 - Bloodborne

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: PS4 - Bloodborne

Post by coopasonic »

Thanks. I found it last night and beat it on the first try. I think I found the area with the second boss this morning. I had to go to work so I'll have to face that tonight. I keep being surprised at finding areas I had totally missed for hours. Apparently I have a blind spot for ladders.

I figured out how to parry and take advantage of the opening last night and that has made a big difference in my success rate and speed. As long as I don't get sloppy I can handle most anything the starting area has to offer without much worry. That's more than I can say I have ever achieved with Dark Souls.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I bought Bloodborne for $20 with the same hesitations. Unfortunately my fears were born(e) out; I frustrated enough in the first two hours to put it away. I'm sure if I continued with it I would find that it starts clicking, but I couldn't ever motivate myself to try again.
I died for about 4 hours yesterday. I couldn't even find a boss to die to. I'm learning and can't wait to die some more.

I think I beat 1 boss in Dark Souls 1.
That was two weeks ago Coop.

I just finished the platinum trophy for Bloodborne. If I can do it, *anyone* can! I got someone's help with one boss (second to last chalice boss), but I'm ok with that. Actually pretty impressed there were people playing and helping two years after release.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I need to go back and finish this. I was about 2/3rds of the way through when I got sidetracked by other games.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The title of this game conjures images of a Smoove simulator.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote:The title of this game conjures images of a Smoove simulator.
Well much like the way I expect Smoove sees the world, everything here is out to kill you. Unfortunately I am not sure hazmat suits are up to the task there.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Arise thread! After finishing Elden Ring I was looking for a new game, only to find my son already had this installed on PS4, and early on I'm loving it.

I don't really like the save system, you just exit the game and then come back? What if you're in a shitty place with no way out? Anyway that's my only nitpick so far.

Any helpful thoughts or suggestions?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That's how these games work. Elden Ring isn't like that?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:04 pm That's how these games work. Elden Ring isn't like that?
In Elden Ring you save at grace points.

TIL how to use pebbles - noice. Also that you get full HP when you return to Hunter's Dream. Also enemies re-spawn when you enter the game, so I will be leveling up in the newbie area.

Question - how do you use blood echos to level up? I see where you can spend them. Is there any way to know if armor for sale is better than what you are wearing without switching back and forth with inventory?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Every time you use blood echoes to increase a stat, that's a level. You do that at The Doll in the Hunter's Dream.

Don't remember if there is a way to compare armor pre purchase.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:00 pm Every time you use blood echoes to increase a stat, that's a level. You do that at The Doll in the Hunter's Dream.

Don't remember if there is a way to compare armor pre purchase.
How do you "use" them?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Spend them on a stat increase with the up and down arrow if I remember right. Or the left and right buttons on the D pad.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Oh, I have to find the cleric beast first.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:28 pm Also enemies re-spawn when you enter the game, so I will be leveling up in the newbie area.
In other Souls games, they'd eventually quit spawning, but not in Bloodborne.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

We should friend up in case we ever need to help one another. For all I've played, I've only beat the second boss. I'm pretty awful at these games.

I'm Alefroth.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 pm We should friend up in case we ever need to help one another. For all I've played, I've only beat the second boss. I'm pretty awful at these games.

I'm Alefroth.
Maybe at some point. I have not payed for the online subscription. Got the one insight for finding the cleric. Took him down maybe 1/3 of the way.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter