Pac-Man 256 [iOS/Android]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hipolito

Pac-Man 256 [iOS/Android]

Post by Hipolito »

Psst. Hey kid. You like Pac-Man? You should try this game. Instead of having discrete levels to clear, it's an "endless Pac-Man" in which you have one maze that scrolls upward continuously. (And you'd better keep moving up and not hang around chasing every last dot, for a reason I'll let you discover.)

It keeps the looks and sounds of the original Pac-Man, with the blue maze and colorful ghosts. Even the ghosts' individual strengths and weaknesses are retained, allowing for some strategy. But now, along with the classic power pellet, you can unlock 16 temporary power-ups such as lasers and invisibility. You can upgrade these power-ups to make them last longer by spending coins, which you earn by eating them in the maze, completing missions, and watching optional advertisements.

This is a free-to-play game with two modes: one with the 16 power-ups and one without. You can play the latter mode as long and as often as you want; but to play the former mode, you have to spend one of six credits. You only get one life, but may spend a credit to continue once per game. You can regenerate your credits by waiting a bit or paying real money. For $7.99, you get unlimited credits, and that's what I went with so that I could support the developers and play without waiting. There is no pressure to pay, and if you're satisfied with about 15 minutes of play a day then you can get your fill of the game without spending any money.

The only problem I have with the game is that after buying the unlimited credits, I no longer have the option to play the free mode (without the power-ups). That was a fun challenge that I wish the developers kept available to paying players.

Got Pac-Man Fever? Give this a gobble.