Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Bakhtosh »

Level cap is up to 80 now.

I'm still at 70. Looks like advancing is not going to be quick from 70 & up.
I got 4/5 of the Yoda missions completed due to recently unlocking Barriss and Jedi Anakin. They're only 4 star characters, so it will be a good, long while before I have enough shards to promote both. Barriss is easier since I just sim her over and over in the cantina. I've finally used up all of my spare training droids. It was Anakin - trying to get him up to level 70 is a pain. Trying to save up enough crystals to afford the big training droids pack, but at the same time, hoping they go on sale. 70-80 is probably going to be insanely expensive and "grindy".
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I've been having fun with this but I think I finally hit my free-to-play breaking point. I've got a 6-7 star Resistance team that can break me into the top 100 in Arena, but getting the rest of my team fully upgraded to 7 star is achingly slow. I could even handle the slow progress if the daily requirements weren't so time consuming, but Galactic War alone feels like it's been taking too much of my free time given that it's become a mindless but manual process to grind.

I might jump back in if/when they overhaul Galactic War, though, or if/when they get around to adding ships.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I still play everyday on my PC using bluestacks. Got a stack of 4 star and 5 star characters but still just enjoying the ride.

I have done 4 levels of Yoda but not going to be quick to get to 5 star.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Looks like guilds and "raids" are coming in the next patch. I'm still pecking away.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Big new update - new events - new balancing changes, including a "shield" for high gear characters.
They rebalanced the challenges...and borked them. Even the easiest one of them all - the one with the two Imperial officers and 2 droids - was completely unwinnable. Was unable to complete galactic war last night, and don't see any hope of that changing. EA wants you to have a full roster of toons, all leveled and geared up. That's not going to happen unless you're willing to spend BIG bucks. I think other games may be getting more of my playing time. Maybe Clash of Clans.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I've happily moved onto Clash Royale. It doesn't ask as much time of me each day, and when I do play the game my time is 100% active fun time without any busywork tasks to do.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I found the attackers challenge much more difficult, but the healers one today (as well as credits) are still winnable for me at the highest levels. I also actually beat GW yesterday, something I rarely do since the previous major update.

That said the battles drag even longer now. Like, I'm coming up against the 5:00 timer in arena if I'm playing a tough team and actually paying attention.

It's still my go-to time-waster. I'm curious to see what they do with guilds. But yeah, it's still BS game. Just obviously addicting enough that it's somehow kept me playing all this time. :P

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Bakhtosh wrote:Big new update - new events - new balancing changes, including a "shield" for high gear characters.
They rebalanced the challenges...and borked them. Even the easiest one of them all - the one with the two Imperial officers and 2 droids - was completely unwinnable.
Yo dawg I herd you liek patches. So they patched the patch so you can... er? More info here. Including:
- Strength and Agility challenge rewards from the past 2 days will be sent to all players. This includes max rewards from all tiers and was done due to a large number of players being unable to complete the challenges after the Balance Update on Thursday
- Challenges have had their difficulty levels adjusted, making them more in line with how they were prior to the Balance Update

Isgrimnur

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Isgrimnur »

Massive payoff in my inbox due to issues gave me enough gems for a new 8-pack.

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I've got a Tarkin and want to use him, but I hate the characters you can't earn shards for. :evil:

I've learned the value of Royal Guard. Takes forever to farm, but he's worth it. I was helped along from having him drop from one of my first packs as well as getting a couple of shard packs for him. RG + Old Daka equals stuns from heaven.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yes, RG has quite a few surprises at higher levels. Love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Are peeps still playing, I see the Guilds update is live and was wondering if anyone has interest in a guild. My 2 sons and I still play daily. One is level 68 and the other 2 are in the 60's.

Think the cost is 300k to set up.

Not had a really good look at it yet.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I can set one up...client is updating
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Okay, the guild is "Octo Overlords". The client didn't like the word "pus", and plain "Overlords" was taken.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Excellent, how do you search for the guild, dont see any option?

I have sent you a friend request as we dont seem to be allies, my id is 112-726-875 as you can search allies in guilds
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Ok I am in, thanks for that.

Reemule, Reemul, Baniss Duron and JackDadAidan and are mine or my kids :O).
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

This is huge:
Counterattacks
Taunt will now intercept counterattacks for allies
Units with Stealth will no longer trigger counterattacks
Assists will no longer trigger counterattacks
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

You can change your name in the guild screen. Go to Manage, then tap on your name, then on the pencil to bring up the edit window. I hear the 1st one is free. Additional changes require crystals.

In the Achievements tab, you still have your daily goals, but there is also a personal guild goal. Spend 600 (I think) and you get a guild coin bonus.
There is also a guild achievement tab that has tiered rewards. I think these expire at the same time that arena rewards go out. For today, you get points for fighting or simming Light side battles. Yesterday it was Cantina battles. These are collective. The more we all do as a guild, the more rewards the guild will get.

We need 30k guild coins in order to open up the Rancor challenge.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I'm back in on playing this. I'm nowhere near your levels at this point, but at least I'll be active.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i downloaded and started playing this. I'd like to join; saw my user name as some long ass gobelygook stuff...probably should register w/ google play. Am a very casual player.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Newcastle, drop your ally code in here. It will be a huge help to have some top flight heroes to use in your challenges and battles. Not all fights let you borrow, but many do.

Then, get in the guild. Not really sure what advantage being in a guild is. I think they need to merge the ally and guild lists so you are automatically allied with guild members. My ally list is full, and I can't accept anyone new, so I can't even be allied with all of my guild teammates...at the same time, lets say I started a guild but could only recruit people lower than me, I wouldn't be able to borrow heroes from allies not in my guild. They need to re-imagine that mechanic.

Looking for a couple of high level players willing to be promoted to officer. No real duties, but if something happens to my account, officers get promoted to leader. Can also invite/kick members and spend guild currency to kick off raids, but first we have to get 30k saved up.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

my ally code is 544-833-369
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I really hate the protection mechanic...makes my GW team so fragile, and you just cannot field an entire roster of leveled and geared toons.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Bakhtosh wrote:Looking for a couple of high level players willing to be promoted to officer. No real duties, but if something happens to my account, officers get promoted to leader. Can also invite/kick members and spend guild currency to kick off raids, but first we have to get 30k saved up.
I'd be happy to help.

Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yeah I am happy to help as well.

One stupid thing is you can have 35 allies but if you have 10 allies and 25 expired requests it will say your Allies are full.

Make sure you go in to manage allies / request status and remove all expired requests, magically you will have lots more room for allies.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I'm not actively playing anymore, but would it be a benefit to the clan if I joined anyway? Would it give you guys access to my level 70 teams in some way?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Bakhtosh wrote:This is huge:
Counterattacks
Taunt will now intercept counterattacks for allies
Units with Stealth will no longer trigger counterattacks
Assists will no longer trigger counterattacks
FINALLY! That is a huge and welcome change.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Unfortunately they also made all turn meter adjustments susceptible to tenacity.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

We need some more peeps in our group! Who wants to recruit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

wonderpug wrote:I'm not actively playing anymore, but would it be a benefit to the clan if I joined anyway? Would it give you guys access to my level 70 teams in some way?
I don't think so, but you're welcome to join and save a spot should you ever wish to return. :D

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Some funny team names I am seeing:
LukeWarmTaunTauns
LetQuiGonsBeQuiGons
FiftyShadesofRey
JohnnieSkyWalker

Also, when the heck are we going to start a raid?! Do we not have enough people maybe? I noticed that we have 32 now...
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Myself and a couple friends are in another guild, forgot about you guys :(
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Harkonis, guilds work best when they're full...That's how you get the higher tier rewards. Feel free to move everyone into ours.

Started raid. We almost have the Rancor down to its second stage.
Looking for tips on keeping a crew alive when that thing starts getting hungry.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

There doesn't seem to be anything you can do to prevent getting eating other than hurting it as fast as possible. It's a war of attrition on stage 2 and 3 and then a race against Enrage timer on 4. We did the raid in our guild. I talked it over with both the guys in the other guild (Mikagami and Hellspawn from our xbox group) and we'd all rather be with you guys. What do you need, invite codes? I'm on Isgrimnur's friends list already fwiw.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Just search for our Guild - "Octo Overlords" We're open.

Also, I think there's a cooldown somewhere in there that keeps you from guild hopping, but not sure.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I think my healer-heavy team of 50s lasted four rounds against the Rancor. Oh, and surprise surprise, stuns do nothing. :hawk:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Yeah, even my 70s didn't seem to last very long. Barriss was key - keeping the negative status effects off my guys. Phasma was great for the damage boost from Advantage. Teebo got in a couple of TM reductions. Han did okay until the Rancor ate him. The teams that are going to do the best against Rancor are the super high damage toons like Rey and IG-86. Vader did okay, but dude seriously needs a couple more stars.

Also, leader effects don't work when you're facing the Rancor, so don't worry about all of those synergies you've spent time on...as of right now, they mean diddly squat.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Bakhtosh wrote:Also, leader effects don't work when you're facing the Rancor, so don't worry about all of those synergies you've spent time on...as of right now, they mean diddly squat.
What?! Oh man, I'm glad you mentioned that. That allows me to create a much more effective team specifically against the Rancor.

Also, at some point in the past week or so, the devs released a list of characters that are considered to be "good against the Rancor"...it was in app since I don't frequent anything outside of that, if anyone wants to track it down.

I have to say, I was not enthused about them adding Guilds, but I'm so glad they did - added some much needed variety (and I love the door mechanism - very cool idea!)
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I managed to play the Rancor scenario once at work/lunch today. He knocked my healer out immediately, but I was able to wear him down (he had less than 1% left I think) and take him out with one guy standing (I think). Then it rolled on into stage four and wiped me out. LOL Fun though.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Also, at some point in the past week or so, the devs released a list of characters that are considered to be "good against the Rancor"...it was in app since I don't frequent anything outside of that, if anyone wants to track it down.
Check the Data Cards store. They have a couple of Rancor packs in there that show the 14 characters the Devs consider best against the Rancor.

Speaking of those packs, the mega pack costs about the same as the 4x shard pack. Raid gets you 22 shards mixed from the 14 good characters. Regular gets you 40-48 shards from 4 characters out of the whole roster with the possibility of getting a full character unlock in exchange for 10-12 shards. Anyone bought the raid pack yet? Curious how they tend to get awarded. Seems like a waste of crystals since you get twice as many with the regular pack.

Also, raid is over. It will be a day or two before we can start another. Stick with that tier, or move up to 4?