Recommend me old PS3 sports titles

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tjg_marantz

Recommend me old PS3 sports titles

Post by tjg_marantz »

I just hooked up my ps3 after a couple years off. I've got nhl 11 but what else should I get for football, soccer, baseball, golf. I'm looking at the cheap bins. What's the best year of each that is low priced?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Octavious

Re: Recommend me old PS3 sports titles

Post by Octavious »

Baseball = MLB The Show 15 (They still have been creating new versions for this.)
Football = Madden (Not sure what version, but there isn't anything else to pick from anyway)
Golf = Hot Shots Golf (It's a lot of fun, cheap and more interesting that anything EA has put out)

The rest I have no comment on.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Can't really go wrong with FIFA 10, 11, or 12. Whichever is cheaper.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'd highly recommend NBA 2k15. Not sure how its geared on the PS3 v PC...but its seriously a great sports game overall. That's if you like basketball. I am sure there are a few features left out, but overall NBA 2k franchise is probably the best sports game franchise around. I'd place it a small notch higher than The Show (PS exclusive basbeall game). But either one of those you cant go wrong with. I just greatly prefer basketball over baseball. BOth are the cream of the crop in my opinion.

IN terms of soccer. I'd skip this years fifa and go back to fifa 14 or something. Passing seems off with this years. Also can probably get previous years cheaper.

Full disclosure - when i play these sports game i generally focus on my career modes and make several career types...in basketball..a sg and then a center...for the baseball...say a closer & an outfielder.

If your looking at an EA title do some research on it to make sure its up to snuff, they've dropped quite a few stinkers over the years.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Metacritic for EA Sports titles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Back to fifa - i think i would recommend fifa 12. As i noted prior that i play career mode. This year was teh final year of the player-manager mode. Basically where you could coach and set up the team do trades etc, and still focus on your own player and level him up.

My main complaint of this years is the passing so far, feels slow and sluggish. They've added a few ok touches (training to help upgrade certain stats). I still dont like how they handle the users players growth (score 100 goals, get +1 long shot). Much rather have an xp system where you can choose what to level up. Just my two cents.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs