What's YOUR #1 console game right now?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

JSHAW

What's YOUR #1 console game right now?

Post by JSHAW »

I'm looking for something that's fun, and it has to have a huge amount of
replayability factor built in.

What console game are you having the most fun with right now?, as of this post 1.20.16

Make a list of them if it's hard to nail down just one, or if you definitely know
which one IS the #1, that works to.

Even if it's not fun, but for whatever twisted reason you keep on coming back to it
that's good to know to.

I tried Star Wars Battlefront, got bored with it. That's the latest game I bought,
then traded it in monday for GTA5 for xb360.

I have an XB1, and GTA5 also, but xb360 has a couple of features that got me going
back to it. Like having the taxicab totally skip to the dropoff point, and I have the blimp,
which I don't have for XB1.
Daehawk

Re: What's YOUR #1 console game right now?

Post by Daehawk »

I dont have it but if I did it would be Tomb Raider on my PS4 Im sure.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So, to clarify, you are looking for a console title with replayability that isn't Battlefront or GTA 5, and have both an XBone and a 360. Any other consoles? Do you have any favorite games that might give us a hit of what you like? Do you only want recent releases, or are you good with older stuff?

My first thoughts are Far Cry 3/4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NHL. Sports games get their hooks into me pretty well. It's probably a good thing that they've abandoned the PC as a platform, or I'd probably never come out of my office.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Nothing whatsoever. I trade them back in while they still have decent resale value. I don't think anything on console has had huge replayability for me. Something like Forza Horizon 2 would probably be the closest. XCOM 2 is coming out in 16 days and I think it is hitting consoles. That has the promise to be a huge replay game. I completed the campaign on the 2012 XCOM 5 times. I won't be playing it on console though. I think it would totally work on a console I just can't spend as much time up in the theater as I expect to spend with XCOM 2.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

XCOM 2 is PC only. For now at least... The Witcher 3 should take you about 5 lifetimes to complete and is an amazing game. That would be my top pick for the console. Not sure if it's on the XBONE, but Diablo 3 is another awesome choice. It's really fun to play via the controller and it's endless and mindless fun.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What about Metal Gear ?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Finished Tomb Raider, doubt that I will go back to it, but it was fun.

Currently enjoying Fallout 4, that looks like it will have a lot of playtime. I know most folks would prefer it on PC.

I picked up Rebel Galaxy for XBone, that was only $20, and so far I'm enjoying it. Not sure about replayability.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
morlac

Post by morlac »

NBA2k, MLB the Show, Madden. If you are detecting a pattern then kudos! Sports are pretty much the only console games I play anymore especially after getting a 360 controller for the PC. I will wear out sports games on the console though. NBA2k in particular the last coupe of years. I'm a huge fan of Franchise/My career modes and most of my time is spent there on sports games.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Any chance you also have a WiiU? Mario Maker has eaten up an awful lot of my time and has nearly endless replayability.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is also threatening to consume all my time.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Right this second, Arkham Knight because it's the only one I'm playing. I love the Arkham series and this is another solid entry, though there are some really frustrating sequences here and there.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Destiny the Taken King Legendary has its hooks deeply into me right now. It pulled me away from
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Blackhawk wrote:So, to clarify, you are looking for a console title with replayability that isn't Battlefront or GTA 5, and have both an XBone and a 360. Any other consoles? Do you have any favorite games that might give us a hit of what you like? Do you only want recent releases, or are you good with older stuff?

My first thoughts are Far Cry 3/4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Basically I wanted to find out what you guys, here on this forum are finding as fun
right this month in time. I like to hear what other people are finding enjoyment with,
and that gives me some ideas on what I should try or buy next.

I REALLY suck at sports games, even though I recently did really good at a golfing game
that was a free demo on XB1, some kind of extreme golf thing.

I don't hang out at the local gamestop to ask people there or customers what I should buy next,
so I figure I have this resource, this forum to ask whatever in the way of what the fun game of
the month is, or what you are having fun with lately.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote:XCOM 2 is PC only. For now at least...
I knew that... I think. :oops:
Octavious wrote:The Witcher 3 should take you about 5 lifetimes to complete and is an amazing game. That would be my top pick for the console. Not sure if it's on the XBONE, but Diablo 3 is another awesome choice. It's really fun to play via the controller and it's endless and mindless fun.
Diablo 3 is available for XB1.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I generally play one game at a time and play it until completion and then move on to the next one(If it can in fact be beaten).

Right now I'm playing Dark Souls 2 on the PS4. I'm about 30 hours in and I'm still just as sucked into the game as I was at 5 hours. I also go back to Fifa 16 at regular intervals.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Borderlands 2 “Handsome Collection” is another great choice if you haven't played it to death on the PC. It has all the DLC and the pre-sequel. I have it for the ps4 and play it pretty often. Even better if you can find someone to play with.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
morlac

Post by morlac »

[quote="JSHAW"]
I REALLY suck at sports games, even though I recently did really good at a golfing game
that was a free demo on XB1, some kind of extreme golf thing.

[quote]

I do not really have the finger dexterity I used to for most sports games. At least for online multiplayer which sounds miserable :). However, I have no problem turning down the difficulty to make it enjoyable for me. Also, I mostly play franchise/career mode which is basically a RPG sports game as I generally sim most of the games. Great Example; NBA2k utilizes every button on the controller and couple that haven't even been invented yet. They make you sprint, shoot, pass, perform this move, perform that move, call up a playbook???, etc. I use about 4-5 of them at most and have no problem winning on a lower difficulty level. Now I may not be able to pull of the triple crossover alley op behind the back super dunk, at least not on purpose, but meh still love it.
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

Is this only for XB1 and PS4? Because Mario Maker on the WiiU is incredible and it's been my #1 console game for months.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I've been playing Just Cause 3 on my PS4 when I have time, and I really enjoy it. I was loving battlefront before that but haven't had time to keep playing (or anything for that matter).

I also picked up AC Black Flag -- I never played it before and it was on sale for $20 recently on the Sony store. I heard good things about the ship combat, so why not.

(Parking lot games: Uncharted collection and whatever the latest assassins creed is. Picked them up used for cheap.)
No.
raydude

Post by raydude »

I've been playing Destiny The Taken King -> mostly only raids because my friends and I tend to schedule those in advance. And after experiencing the coordination and cooperation required in the raid I find that I like it a lot. So much so that I'd rather not play Destiny by myself anymore.

Other than that I've been playing Pinball Arcade, AC: Black Flag, and Mad Max.

Depending on the reviews I may pick up The Division. But only if it looks like it will suck up most of my time.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Destiny (just really started with it) for PS3
also, the original Motorstorm (also for PS3)