[XB1] - Quantum Break

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scoop20906

[XB1] - Quantum Break

Post by Scoop20906 »

I noticed the release date for this game is coming up in April. I remember this game being dangled in front of our faces back when they were promoting the Xbox One during that disastrous campaign that pushed me out of the console gaming world and firmly into the PC gaming world.

However, there are exclusives here and there that get me interested: Halo 5, Until Dawn and now Quantum Break.

The twist for this game is that the game is about the heros and the accompanying TV show is about the villains at the end of every game episode you make a decision that affects the TV.

The game has been delayed years but might be release this year. Is anyone on OO still interested in this game?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: [XB1] - Quantum Break

Post by Scoop20906 »

On why is has been delayed so long and that it could come to PC. I wonder if thats really a thing...
Remedy Entertainment has spoken out to explain why the delay of time-bending Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break from 2015 to 2016 is in the game's best interest. In a new interview with Edge (via GamesRadar), creative director Sam Lake said the only way Quantum Break will live up to its potential of being the "ultimate Remedy game" is if the team has enough time to ensure that the game, and accompanying TV show, are not rushed.

There are many reasons the game has taken so long, including challenges associated with building a brand new universe, working with a new platform (Xbox One), and making a TV show for the first time.

"There's a lot of new technology; [Xbox One is] a new platform, it's a new universe, new story, there's new core gameplay," Lake said. "[That means] a lot of prototyping, and a lot of discovery. On the whole [TV show] side, there are a lot of challenges to figure out. It does end up taking time and, yes, we want to keep the quality high, so we don't want to make certain kinds of compromises, and are always making sure that this is iterated enough and polished enough and it's as good as it deserves to be."

Also in the interview, Lake pointed out that Remedy developed Max Payne 2 in just 18 months. However, "Doing a sequel to something is obviously different to building something from the ground up," he said.

Quantum Break launches on April 5, 2016 for Xbox One, and will be accompanied by a tie-in TV show. According to Xbox boss Phil Spencer, the game could also come to PC.

The game follows the story of the heroes, while the TV show focuses on the villains. Quantum Break's cast is headlined by X-Men actor Shawn Ashmore and Lord of the Rings and Lost star Dominic Monaghan. Game of Thrones actor Aidan Gillen and Lance Reddick from The Wire will also appear in the game.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm excited for this game, but I'll wait for review before I purchase
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

No one else seemed that impressed with it but Alan Wake would probably be in my top 10 all-time favorite games. I would love to play this one but I’m not buying an XBONE for one game. I hope it does come to PC.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

They announced today this will be coming to the PC and if you pre-order the console version you''ll get the Win10 version for free. It has cross saves
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:They announced today this will be coming to the PC and if you pre-order the console version you''ll get the Win10 version for free. It has cross saves
Wow!

That is totally unexpected for me. Now I am 100% in. I hope it is good.

Thanks for the update tr1ucy!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hmmmm. The game is requiring Windows 10

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Scoop20906 wrote:Hmmmm. The game is requiring Windows 10
More than that -- it's not something you can purchase anywhere other than the Windows 10 store:

Here's the Windows system specs:
Minimum

DirectX: DirectX 12
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.7 GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
VRAM: 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690, 3.9 GHz or AMD Equivalent
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
VRAM: 4 GB
RAM: 16 GB

Ultra

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790, 4GHz or AMD Equivalent
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM: 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB
I think the cross-platform save system is pretty cool and quite frankly long overdue. Not sure if it's worth that level of OS commitment though.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

It's a bit confusing. Can you pre-order the windows 10 version or do you HAVE to purchase the XB1 version to get her Windows 10 unlock code?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, I hope I haven't made a foolish mistake. I want to play this game but I have no Xbox One. Buy to get the Windows 10 version you MUST pre-order the Xbox One version and register it and then around April 5th you will receive a system message on Xbox Live with the Windows 10 key.

I have the Xbox App running on my computer so I am assuming I will receive the message on that but if not then I am XBONED!

What another kooky thing Microsoft has done. Why not just sell the friggin game on the Windows 10 store by itself?

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

They will... starting tomorrow, from what I understand.

Just got to play a little, wasn't expecting that. Oh and download 75GB of 'offline' episodes for free. :shock:
-mf
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

And that turned out to not be the case. Perhaps when they start forking over the download code that us Xbox One purchasers have coming. Or maybe they're going to let it bake a little longer after the drubbing it is getting from anyone able to review it so far. :?
-mf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

MonkeyFinger wrote:And that turned out to not be the case. Perhaps when they start forking over the download code that us Xbox One purchasers have coming. Or maybe they're going to let it bake a little longer after the drubbing it is getting from anyone able to review it so far. :?
I read the Windows 10 codes will start coming out on the 15th. If I wasn't such an idiot I could have waited and purchased it on Day one.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Finally got my Windows 10 code so I was able to play the game finally. I have to say I like it.

It runs fairly fine on Medium settings and the game looks great! Lots of of attention to details and the world which I expected from this developer. I've just finished Act 1 and so far I like the time travel/Sci Fi story. Its the type of stories I tend to enjoy. I also watch the first 25 minutes live action episode. The show looks great although I encountered choppy video playback which bothered me but didn't prevent me from enjoying the show. I found out why the video is choppy. Turns out it is a 4k video and it is streaming-only on Windows 10. No option for download (Xbox you can download). So its likely my download speed that is the slow down.

Also, the game talks about how choices or chonoton events in the game affects changes in the show. I have to say other than the main choice which would make an obvious and important choice, the chonoton events an pretty lame. Without spoiling, a character notices something written on a chalkboard and changes which causes a short comment by two people during the video. No other impact otherwise unless maybe it has some affect in later show that I haven't seen yet. So, that selling point turns out to fluff. Still I am enjoying the game and the companion show.

Also, I have to say combat is quite fun. We aren't seeing anything new here. The main character's time powers are a lot of fun but very similar to other games. Still, they operate well and thats important after dealing with Alan Wake's boring combat. Maybe Quantum Break's combat will get repetitive later but so far I like how it is working.

I can recommend this game to people with computer that can run it for now. I am VERY happy they chose to release it on Windows 10.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I finally finished this!

Here is my review.

I'm curious what everyone else thought of the game?

CatsNeverDie

Post by CatsNeverDie »

Scoop20906 wrote:I finally finished this!

Here is my review.

Wanted to love it after Alan Wake but only LIKED IT. The quality was there, the gameplay was there but it felt like there was something missing. It wasn't memorable. Its a bit Vague, I know :P
How to find out which life the cat is on?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

CatsNeverDie wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I finally finished this!

Here is my review.

Wanted to love it after Alan Wake but only LIKED IT. The quality was there, the gameplay was there but it felt like there was something missing. It wasn't memorable. Its a bit Vague, I know :P
I think the TV episodes hurt the game more than helped it. The story it told focused on side characters you barely interacted with in the game and when you did it wasn't in any meaningful way.