Xbox One question on d/l games

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DD*

Xbox One question on d/l games

Post by DD* »

I have an Xbox One for the kids - I literally never game on it, my use is limited to using it as a Blu-ray player.

I have my Microsoft account as the head of our family - my son and daughter both have accounts that are listed as children in our family plan.

This past weekend, the boy wanted Titanfall, which was on sale for $20. Since he cannot buy things online, I logged in to my account and purchased via Paypal. D/L and install went fine. Now the game will not start when he is logged in. In order to play, I have to log in to my account, then switch users to his account, then the game will launch.

This is, needless to say, a royal pain in the ass. I would assume that there is some setting or option to make any games on my Xbox available to any user, at least in my family. Can you do this, and if so, how? I went through a zillion set-up screens and can't for the life of me find anything that seems to address this issue even tangentially. Made it easy to see that Xbox is an MS product....

What am I missing here?
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Blackhawk

Re: Xbox One question on d/l games

Post by Blackhawk »

Is it an 'underage account error?' I've read about that and all sorts of other issues related to Microsoft child accounts and EA multiplayer games.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
DD*

Post by DD* »

It tells him to access the Xbox store or to insert the disk - which, being a downloaded game, we don't have.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ugh, I don't know. I did find this and this.

Essentially, it sounds like it should work, but you have to designate the console as the 'Home' console first.

It also reminds me what a pain in the ass Xbox is with families.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Is the Xbox listed as your home Xbox1?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
DD*

Post by DD* »

Not sure if this is the "home" xbox or not. I don't recall setting it up that way, so I will check when I get home. Gawd Microsoft makes everything harder than it needs to be.... and they wonder why everyone hates MS products.