Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sudy

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Post by Sudy »

Anyone else playing? It's a "gacha" style RPG/team battle game à la Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Heroes of Dragon Age, and the legions of Asian titles that inspired them.

It has many of the mobile game freemium pitfalls, but as usual there's a ton to do without dropping a dime, and it's full of Final Fantasy nostalgia.

My friend code: 284,987,913 .

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Reemul

Re: Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Post by Reemul »

504,552,889 is mine

Says you have reached your friend limit :mrgreen:
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Added.

It's OK, I deleted my wife to make room for you. ;)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Sudy Nym wrote:Added.

It's OK, I deleted my wife to make room for you. ;)
Excellent, I accepted :dance:
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well, I got tired of that quickly. Glad I only put $5 into it.

It's not bad by any means for this type of game. But it's just more of the same. That and while it having a story is refreshing, it's a melodramatic cliche. Which was probably entirely intentional, since the game's main selling point is nostalgia.

I'd much rather FF:XII hit Steam so I could play it for the first time, since I haven't owned a console that saw a mainstream FF release since FF:X.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm still really enjoying this, and spend at least an hour a day with it. Part of that is that I've gotten very lucky in my gatcha draws, and have a balanced team of four 5-star toons (Bartz & Chirizu as melee, Fina as healer, and Cloud of Darkness as mage/support) and one 4-star (Vivi, black mage). Everyone but Cloud is at max level, and I'll probably get him there in the next week or so. I've finished the main story quests, and should wrap up the S5 Colosseum level by the end of this week. I've unlocked 4 of the 5 espers (everyone but Shiva) and have them all leveled up to at least 10, with a couple up at 20.

I haven't felt the urge to spend a penny on it yet, and still feel the pull to grab my phone and knock out a vortex or exploration mission anytime I have a spare 5 minutes. It's not something with a deep storyline, but is a fantastic FF-themed time waster. I'm 197,073,875 if anyone wants to connect.

All that said, Mobius Final Fantasy (a similar social RPG, but with crazy good production values) launched this morning, and I expect that'll pull me away for a bit.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.