Overcooked - great local co-op

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

AWS260

Overcooked - great local co-op

Post by AWS260 »

My whole family (6-year-old, spouse, me) has been loving Overcooked this week. It's basically a couch co-op version of Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Each player controls a cook in a shared kitchen. You move between various kitchen stations to pick up raw ingredients, chop/process them, cook them, plate and deliver orders, and wash dirty dishes. It's all very frantic and ridiculous. Several levels take place at sea, with the kitchen stations periodically sliding across the deck into new configurations. Others are set in the Artic, with frigid rivers and ice floes dividing the kitchen space.

It's very simple and intuitive, and probably the most fun I've had playing local co-op in a good long while. (You can technically play solo, but I wouldn't recommend it.)

Enlarge Image
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Re: Overcooked - great local co-op

Post by Bakhtosh »

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Ha! There's certainly some truth to that. I recall one game where my wife was getting visibly frustrated with her teammate, and I had to remind her that he's only six years old.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

yes to all the above, and also,

holy mushroom soup batman, this game is fantastic. have not yet tried it with multiple people using the same controller, but that can only raise the insanity to "Tom Cruise"
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I also highly recommend Overcooked. We DID actually try with four people on two controllers, while I wouldn’t recommend playing it that way it was hilarious.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I can understand a fish and chips joint on an iceberg. Penguins gotta eat.
I can understand conveyor belts in the middle of the kitchen, maybe it used to be a sushi place.
I can understand using more than one truck, its the natural evolution of a food truck.

I don't understand why on a ship with that much rocking, would the meal be soup? How the heck are the pirates keeping it in the bowl?
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.