Xbox / PS4 free games year end comparison 2016

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Xbox / PS4 free games year end comparison 2016

Post by Daehawk »

They take a look at all the free games both PS Plus and Games with Gold provided their members for the entire year to see who got the most out of their systems I suppose.

LINK

As a PS4 owner and seeing that we got more price wise...Id say its a very even comparison with MAAAaaaaybe PS4 coming out a little better on the titles.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: Xbox / PS4 free games year end comparison 2016

Post by Blackhawk »

It depends on what you like. It is also important to note that Sony tends to be stingier on discounts than Microsoft, so retail price may not be the best indicator (IE - their older games tend to cost more.)

It is also relevant that Sony gave out larger numbers of games, but they were cheaper games. I can tell you now that if you aren't in to 2d brawlers, 2d side-scrollers and 2d shoot-em-ups, Sony's offerings were very slim this year.

It is also important to note that that is spread across all of their systems, too. You'd have to own an XBox One and a 360 to get the full Microsoft value, and a PS3, PS4, and Vita to get the full Sony value.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Neither lineup is super impressive. PS4 seems to have more indie titles with Xbox having more, but older, bigger budget games.
Black Lives Matter
Covenant72

Post by Covenant72 »

Blackhawk wrote:It depends on what you like. It is also important to note that Sony tends to be stingier on discounts than Microsoft, so retail price may not be the best indicator (IE - their older games tend to cost more.)

It is also relevant that Sony gave out larger numbers of games, but they were cheaper games. I can tell you now that if you aren't in to 2d brawlers, 2d side-scrollers and 2d shoot-em-ups, Sony's offerings were very slim this year.

It is also important to note that that is spread across all of their systems, too. You'd have to own an XBox One and a 360 to get the full Microsoft value, and a PS3, PS4, and Vita to get the full Sony value.
You don't even need an XBox 360 anymore, as all the Games with Gold titles are backwards compatible now. An XBox One would be required though.