How to get online with Battlefield 1?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DD*

How to get online with Battlefield 1?

Post by DD* »

I am not a console guy, so I'm hoping to get some help here. Bought the boy Battlefield 1 on the Xbone. He has a MS Gold account and can play online with pretty much any other game. When he starts BF1, he can play campaign, but when he tries to acccess the online portion of the game we get the message: "you are not eligible to participate in this activity"

I've googled the error and it seems to be a fairly common issue but I've yet to see any sort of resolution. Any guidance on this one? Seems to me this console crap is waaaay more difficult than it needs to be - I can't think of the last PC game I played where I had any issues getting online for MP.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Smoove_B

Re: How to get online with Battlefield 1?

Post by Smoove_B »

That sounds like a block based on age or family restrictions associated with his account or the Xbox. Never saw that before.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
DD*

Re: How to get online with Battlefield 1?

Post by DD* »

FWIW, there are no restrictions on my son's Live account at all. If you google the error there are a ton of reports and (surprise) little to no help from EA.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg