Microvision hand held

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Microvision hand held

Post by Daehawk »

Ive had one since I was a kid. Dont have much with it other than 2 or so game carts/covers. See with it the entire front of the system comes off and you replace it with the game front of another. When off all you see of the system is a black touchpad like thing. The front cover contain the plastic screen cover, art, and the controls. I have been trying to remember the name of this system for weeks now and didn't want to go digging it out to see. Then tonight I saw it on a thrift store run. Weeee.

Anyone else owned one? I haven't seen mine in decades. Its here somewhere. I remember always having fun with it. No one else I knew had one. And Im not even sure how I got mine.

ALWAYS wanted Star Trek for mine.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hentzau

Re: Microvision hand held

Post by hentzau »

I have a memory of this game, or something like this game. I'll need to do more research, but I have a vivid memory of playing breakout on a hand held like that back when I was about 10, 11 years old.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Re: Microvision hand held

Post by hentzau »

Yep. Looking at other images of it, we absolutely had one of these. The thing that threw me was I remembered more buttons on the main screen. I had forgotten that each cartridge replaced the main screen. Now I kind of want to try and find one of them to give to my dad and brother for Christmas this year.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw how much working models of these sell for. I love my dad and brother, but not that much!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire