Destiny 2 Crossplatform, F2P and Paid Expansions

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Destiny 2 (Console Specific Grouping and Details)

Post by Skinypupy »

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking that our overall clan progress towards level 1 got reset, but that's not the case.

I'm having fun, but these last few story missions have me reaching the upper limits of my very limited FPS capability set. The last one ("Six" on Nessus) saw me die 17 times before beating it...which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen. We'll see if I can keep going or not.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys. We'll get you through those tricky story missions. :horse:

Edit: Btw, it can be a good idea to do some side missions and activities if the story missions start getting too tough. That way you can level up and get better gear, etc.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:
Pyperkub wrote:So do public events.
I don't think so. I completed three public events on Titan last night, and didn't see any points come in. Maybe I did something wrong.
Sorry, it's only the "Heroic" Public Events which grant clan points. I know you'll see a rally flag for them before they launch, and you'll get an achievement when you finish one. Not sure if they show up on the map differently however.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hamlet3145 wrote:Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys.
Um...what's a "fireteam"? :oops:

<-----hopeless noob
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote:Feel free to start a fireteam and invite me or another of the higher light level guys.
Um...what's a "fireteam"? :oops:

<-----hopeless noob
You are a fireteam. If you invite friends to your group from the destiny interface, they join your fireteam. fireteam leader is shown by the yellow triangle in top right of the player list.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

Apparently, the fusion rifle he is offering for 29 shards is quite good.

Enlarge Image
Last edited by Hamlet3145 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Is there an XB1 clan?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

It's all one clan. Bungie made it cross platform so no matter what you play on you can work toward the overall clan level goals. We're getting close to level 2. 8-)

Edit: About half the OO clan is on xBox. And we should get a bunch more when PC launches. Link in signature.
e1123

Post by e1123 »

Hamlet3145 wrote:Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

It is, I have it. Have you been getting the same exotics repeatedly? I'm on my third Sweet Business and it ain't that sweet.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

e1123 wrote:
Hamlet3145 wrote:Just FYI, traveling intergalactic salesman Xur is selling exotics for shards on Nessus, Watcher's Grave.

It is, I have it. Have you been getting the same exotics repeatedly? I'm on my third Sweet Business and it ain't that sweet.
Yep. I suspect they haven't released them all into the wild yet. I would kill for a good exotic auto rifle for my titan. My favorite exotic weapon thus far is the midi multi-tool, but that's a quest not a drop.
e1123

Post by e1123 »

Hamlet3145 wrote:
e1123 wrote:

Yep. I suspect they haven't released them all into the wild yet. I would kill for a good exotic auto rifle for my titan. My favorite exotic weapon thus far is the midi multi-tool, but that's a quest not a drop.
Hard Light is out there, but I haven't seen it yet. I prefer Sturm, but that's mostly because I prefer non-zoom.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Currently, Origin Story Auto-Rifle is my goto Kinetic weapon of choice w/Cold Heart or Graviton Lance as my energy. Man o'War is my power weapon except when bosses need to be melted that I switch Merciless. Can't believe they made another Gjallarhorn must have weapon but there it is in Merciless
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Yep, I'm rocking Origin Story on two characters now. Can't find a legendary kinetic auto rifle that I like better. It's perfect for mowing down trash.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
e1123

Post by e1123 »

Kurth wrote:Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
You're on Nessus? For the multiple kills, just kill two Fallen per clip, it doesn't count any more than that. For the powerful Fallen, I did one of those Fallen Public Events and it was crawling with orange bars. That part of the quest took about ten minutes.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

e1123 wrote:
Kurth wrote:Anyone have issues trying to get through the quest to get the exotic hand cannon, Sturm? I'm at the part where I need to use Drang to (1) take out multiple Fallen without reloading; and (2) take out a powerful Fallen. I've been going to town on the Fallen using Drang, but the kill tracker isn't updating at all. What am I doing wrong?
You're on Nessus? For the multiple kills, just kill two Fallen per clip, it doesn't count any more than that. For the powerful Fallen, I did one of those Fallen Public Events and it was crawling with orange bars. That part of the quest took about ten minutes.

It has to be on Nessus
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Got it! I wasn't on Nessus. Went back there last night, and I'm nearly done now. Just need to track down and kill 5 more Fallen leaders with Drang.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

xBox Clan strike weekend?

Posted on the clan board, but in case anyone didn't see it, we're planning on trying to do clan versions of the strike(s) on the xBox this weekend. I should be on around 11am PST and will ping any clan members who are on.

-Pyperkub on xbl

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote:xBox Clan strike weekend?

Posted on the clan board, but in case anyone didn't see it, we're planning on trying to do clan versions of the strike(s) on the xBox this weekend. I should be on around 11am PST and will ping any clan members who are on.

-Pyperkub on xbl
Damn. I'd love to join in on that, but I'll be at my 4th grader's soccer game from 10:30 to 12:30. If I get a chance, I'll drop by after to see if you're all still on.

Let us know how it goes.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm running a bit late, fwiw

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Had a good time with soulchilde running some strikes yesterday.

Also noticed that there is an Iron Banner event starting Tuesday, but you will need to have finished the Red Legion campaign to play in it. So I finally finished the campaign, but unfortunately that toon had already contributed the 5k clan points for the week. Ah well.

Anyone up for iron banner clan activities on Xbox this week?

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Yep, been playing most of the afternoon.. I want that Warlock armor. Already snagged the Pulse Rifle, Auto Rifle and Side Arm.

I'm certainly up for more
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Hi all - make sure you swing by Lord Shaxx and see if he has an engram for you as trulcy/soulchilde and I got the Crucible Clan weekly done.

I'm hoping I can get to power 280 on my primary Warlock toon this week - if I can, anyone up for a Clan (on xBox) Nightfall Strike on Sunday?

Also, I noticed at least trulcy/soulchilde and I reached the 10 package achievement in Iron Banner and got the emblem - which is pretty neat looking - anyone else do it? I did notice what looked like a bug in the Iron Banner rewards however - my power was 273 or so for most of the event, yet every single Iron Banner drop was Power 268, so the drops were comparatively poor. Anyone else see this?

I also hit up Xur this weekend and he had an awesome piece of Warlock Armor: The Wings of Sacred Dawn (though from Xur for me it was only Power 270 or so):

Tome of Dawn
Exotic Intrinsic
TOME OF DAWN When Dawnblade is equipped, aiming weapons while in midair suspends you there for a short time. Precision hits extend this effect's duration.

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

What time you thinking for the nightfall on Sunday? I haven't done one of those yet and would be up for it, depending on schedule.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kurth wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am What time you thinking for the nightfall on Sunday? I haven't done one of those yet and would be up for it, depending on schedule.
Thinking around noon/1pm pst?

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

As I doesn't see anyone last week,anyone up for nightfall on Xbox this afternoon?

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 am Octopus Overlords Destiny 2 Clan link.

Should be set to open membership, I believe.
Anyone else start up again after gamepass went live with the expansions?

naednek

Post by naednek »

So, my son is into Destiny 2 and he has it installed on his PC. He wants to install it on PS5 (which we did) and be able to continue where he left off and be able to go back in forth on devices.

We read online that you can only transfer saves once every 90 days which goes against what he was hoping.

Are we doing something wrong? I don't understand why it can't be as easy as Fortnite where you character is there on each platform with all the items and progress you unlocked.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Pyperkub wrote:Anyone else start up again after gamepass went live with the expansions?
I actually started it back up on PS5 a couple of months ago when the PS Store had all the expansions on sale. I'm back up to the power cap now and have run through all but one of the campaigns. Have had a lot of fun with it as something to do waiting for the next big game to come along.
naednek

Post by naednek »

naednek wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:30 pm So, my son is into Destiny 2 and he has it installed on his PC. He wants to install it on PS5 (which we did) and be able to continue where he left off and be able to go back in forth on devices.

We read online that you can only transfer saves once every 90 days which goes against what he was hoping.

Are we doing something wrong? I don't understand why it can't be as easy as Fortnite where you character is there on each platform with all the items and progress you unlocked.
Bumping as I'm sure I'm not the only one. I did some googling, but man it's a bit confusing
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm playing on PC, but I believe there's full crossplay now.

I played at launch but didn't get too far. Started playing again now with a friend and having a blast! New expansion's coming out on the 28th. Don't love the way the content is gated behind all previous expansions though. But they go on pretty good discount every now and again.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Does anyone know if the version that they're giving away on PS Plus this month is everything that has been released so far, or would there be other older expansion I would need to buy if I really wanted to dive into the game?
FTE
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Crossposted to Steam bargains thread:

Destiny 2: Witch Queen Deluxe, last year's expansion, is on sale for 75% of (below $20 USD) around the gamesverse.

Mind you, some of the value is greatly diminished as the included season pass content will be vaulted when the next expansion/season drops next week. But it's still worth it if you want access to the campaign/dungeons/raid on the new Mars planet, which will apparently never be vaulted. This expansion (the deluxe version anyway) probably won't be cheaper anytime soon, even after the new one launches. It will probably get bundled into a new "Legacy" expansion bundle version for older content at some point, but that will probably go for new-game price at first. But the other expansions are still available a la carte and occasionly go on deep discount so YMMV.

You can still acquire each season's "free" exotic using a browser extension to mine Bungie's previous season page.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Crossposted to Steam bargains:

All Destiny 2 prior expansions/DLC are 60%+ off on Steam and other storefronts until 02/28/23 in advance of the new full-priced expansion that drops on the same day. I think it may be on sale on consoles too? The game is crossplatform with cross saving now. But DLC isn't shared across platforms, so e.g. if you buy it on Xbox you can't access that content on Steam and vice versa.

There's a lot of F2P content and each expansion ungates more. There's also a ton of seasonal content for $10 that gives you access to unique seasonal items etc., though the content isn't as deep as what the expansions offer. It's not the cheapest game to get in/back to, but this is a great time.