Destiny 2 Crossplatform, F2P and Paid Expansions

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Hamlet3145

Destiny 2 Crossplatform, F2P and Paid Expansions

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Did a search and did not find a dedicated topic for Destiny 2 (as opposed to regular old Destiny 1) so here we go!

For all it's initial trouble, I ended up loving Destiny and am looking forward to 2's launch on September 6th. I've already pre-ordered the PS4 version through Amazon (for the sweet Prime discount) and I'm hoping my UPS guy shows up early. :)

If anybody would like to group up, feel free to add me on on PSN. Same tag as here: hamlet3145. For the first couple of hours, though, I'll probably just be goofing off and getting acquainted with changes.

I've avoided about 95% of pre-launch coverage, so will be going in mostly blind. :shock:
Last edited by Hamlet3145 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyperkub

Re: Destiny 2

Post by Pyperkub »

Preordered for the Xbox one yesterday. Played the beta, and it was more of the same in a good way. The strike was a lot better than most of the destiny one strikes too.

As this is also coming out on pc, this may be better posted in pc games for more eyeballs.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Hamlet3145

Re: Destiny 2

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Pyperkub wrote:Preordered for the Xbox one yesterday. Played the beta, and it was more of the same in a good way. The strike was a lot better than most of the destiny one strikes too.

As this is also coming out on pc, this may be better posted in pc games for more eyeballs.
More eyeballs, but no cross play ability with consoles so I figured this thread would be for those on PS4 or Xbox who might want to group up. I'll edit the title a bit.
Pyperkub

Re: Destiny 2 (Console Specific Grouping and Details)

Post by Pyperkub »

Did you ever join a clan for the first one?

I got in late, and was distrustful, but there was so much content and achievements which kind of required a clan that I was thinking about it a lot this year. It wasn't easy to navigate finding which clans were still active however (and tell if they would be a good fit).

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

No clan, just a few guys from on here and random grouping. Doesn't Destiny 2 have some sort of in game clans search now? (Maybe I should actually read up on the game a bit. :lol: )
Last edited by Hamlet3145 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Just created an Octopus Overlords clan for the PS4. Managed to get the [OCTO] tag.

Think you can do a search for it, or I can add manually if you give me your PSN name.

It's open membership for now so sign on up, PS4 folks. :horse:
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'll be going Xbox One since that's where all my (RL) friends are going. Any XB1ers feel free to look me up @ TheYellowKing.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Woke up this morning to my PS4 pre-load starting. Looks like 38ish gigs.
e1123

Post by e1123 »

I'll be on PS4. Name: reloaded1123.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Octopus Overlords Destiny 2 Clan link.

Should be set to open membership, I believe.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

If there are any plans for an XBOX One Octo clan, please count me in.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kurth wrote:If there are any plans for an XBOX One Octo clan, please count me in.
I don't think it matters. Was able to send a request to join with me xbl creds.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Less than 12 hours to go!

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote:
Kurth wrote:If there are any plans for an XBOX One Octo clan, please count me in.
I don't think it matters. Was able to send a request to join with me xbl creds.
Cool! I'll join up then. Can't wait!
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I'll be damned! Clans appear to be cross platform. :shock:

Anyone want to try joining with a Blizzard ID to see what happens?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Played a bit this morning and am really digging it. I'm on a PS4 Pro playing on a 50 inch screen from the couch, and everything looks great (I didn't see any specific graphic options for this, but I assume I'm being up-scaled to 4k). It's 30 FPS, but I'm not noticing any dips in frantic firefights. Only up to level 4, but have done several missions now. The narrative is MUCH better and focused than it was in Destiny 1. I actually know where I am and what I'm doing now. Haven't done much free exploring, but there looks to be a lot to do in the European Dead Zone just wandering around. Also, haven't tried the crucible yet. Need to do some work, but will jump back in later today.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Got up to level 16 yesterday. While I've been doing the main story missions, I've also been doing some side missions and public events to get my power level up. Still very much enjoying it. Had some fun in the crucible too. I love being able to equip both an auto rifle and scout rifle at the same time now. It's a great combo.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

-mf
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Hamlet3145 wrote:Played a bit this morning and am really digging it. I'm on a PS4 Pro playing on a 50 inch screen from the couch, and everything looks great (I didn't see any specific graphic options for this, but I assume I'm being up-scaled to 4k). It's 30 FPS, but I'm not noticing any dips in frantic firefights. Only up to level 4, but have done several missions now. The narrative is MUCH better and focused than it was in Destiny 1. I actually know where I am and what I'm doing now. Haven't done much free exploring, but there looks to be a lot to do in the European Dead Zone just wandering around. Also, haven't tried the crucible yet. Need to do some work, but will jump back in later today.
This echoes my experience as well up to level 5. Really enjoying this so far.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I broke down and picked this up today, looking forward to giving it a shot later tonight.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:I broke down and picked this up today, looking forward to giving it a shot later tonight.
PS 4 or xBox?

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

You know, what I've noticed thus far is that the shaders drop decently regularly as faction (or other) rewards. And you usually get five of them in a stack. They also apply to just about everything now including guns, sparrows and spaceships.

In other news, I've hit level 20 and finished the main campaign. There are still a TON of stuff to do. And I think I just stumbled upon a mystery quest involving the Cabal. (The quest was triggered by a weird item I picked up). Hmmm. . .
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:I broke down and picked this up today, looking forward to giving it a shot later tonight.
PS 4 or xBox?
PS4

I started as a Hunter, then remembered how completely awful I am at FPS games. Will be switching over to something with a bit more defense. :)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Stupid router died tonight. No internet, no destiny for me

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

If anybody on PS4 needs any help with anything, just let me know. My Striker Titan is at 230 light and is decently geared as of last night. (I may have gone on a wee bit of a Destiny binge the last couple of days :oops: ).
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm enjoying it a great deal as well. It feels more like Destiny 1.5 than an outright sequel, but that's OK by me since I didn't play Destiny 1 that much. Playing a Warlock and having a blast (literally).
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Are you guys on xBox seeing the clan page in game now? And, if so, is the XP bar moving? Just curious. Looks like we need 100,000 xp to get to clan level 2. We're up over 10k as of last night.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

By the way, as you level, save five blue scout rifles in your vault. (For a pain in the ass quest eventually).
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Hamlet3145 wrote:Are you guys on xBox seeing the clan page in game now? And, if so, is the XP bar moving? Just curious. Looks like we need 100,000 xp to get to clan level 2. We're up over 10k as of last night.
I couldn't join until I leave my old clan from D1. I'll try today and let you know.

Lvl 12. And really enjoying this game! Better than the first one in just about every respect.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So I registered for the clan today. Not sure exactly what being in a clan means in the context of this game, but...I'm in! :horse:
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Skinypupy wrote:So I registered for the clan today. Not sure exactly what being in a clan means in the context of this game, but...I'm in! :horse:
One of the big things is that the clan can level up and provide everyone bonuses. We're about 30% of the way to level 2 already. :D
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

You'll also get a clan banner from the farm after levelling a bit, so go back to Surya (or whatever her name is).

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hamlet3145 wrote:
Skinypupy wrote:So I registered for the clan today. Not sure exactly what being in a clan means in the context of this game, but...I'm in! :horse:
One of the big things is that the clan can level up and provide everyone bonuses. We're about 30% of the way to level 2 already. :D
Is there something in particular that I should be doing to earn clan XP? Or does it accumulate by just doing regular stuff?

I'm skinypupy, for anyone on PS4.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Played three Crucible (PvP) matches tonight, which was more than enough to realize that's something I have zero interest in pursuing. In my 3 matches, I had kill totals of 7, 3, and 5, with all other players in the 15-20 range. I was typically dead before I could even figure it who was shooting at me. :oops:

Crucible matches and story missions give 500 clan points each, for those wondering. So at least my Crucible floundering was good for something. :)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:Played three Crucible (PvP) matches tonight, which was more than enough to realize that's something I have zero interest in pursuing. In my 3 matches, I had kill totals of 7, 3, and 5, with all other players in the 15-20 range. I was typically dead before I could even figure it who was shooting at me. :oops:

Crucible matches and story missions give 500 clan points each, for those wondering. So at least my Crucible floundering was good for something. :)
So do public events. Raids and strikes probably do too

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

PS, if they do a sparrow racing league, definitely try that pvp, it's a lot of fun

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote:So do public events.
I don't think so. I completed three public events on Titan last night, and didn't see any points come in. Maybe I did something wrong.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I think it's the more mission type stuff. Try doing one of the "adventures." Also, there is a weekly clan XP cap of 5k per character. I may have hit that on all three of mine. :oops:

And about the crucible, I used to completely suck. Was completely murdered the first time I tried in D1. And at 43 years old I don't have the reaction times I did 20 years ago, but I can hold my own now. Gear choice makes a big difference. I was using the midi multi-tool scout rifle/midi-Mini-tool SMG combo last night in long range battles and at times I felt like I was cheating. (The multi tool has particularly strong target acquisition, so head shots are easy and when you have the SMG equipped you can sprint like Usain Bolt). That said, the way they have crucible set up right now is a bit dumb. I like to be able to choose specific match modes and avoid others. I suspect they will be adding that in an upcoming update since Destiny 1 had it. (Actually, I suspect a LOT of things will be coming in updates--we don't even have the faction vendors in yet).

If anybody on PS4 needs help with anything this evening, I'll be on. Reloaded and I did the final mission of the Sturm and Drang weapons quest the other night and I really don't think either of us could have soloed it. There are also some missions in the main campaign that can be a bit tough too.

Oh, and if at least two clan members do a strike together I know that grants clan XP. I'm optimistic we'll hit level two next week.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So, I assume the weekly reset was last night, since I'm back down to 0.

I also assume (based on the current totals) that we have to re-earn the clan banner perks each week?
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Actually, we haven't earned any perks yet. And the reset has not affected our overall clan xp (little over halfway to level 2). All that were reset were the weekly xp caps.

Clans do have "seasons" like Diablo 3, but I haven't heard how long they last yet. Each season will have different perk. Our first perk, which we will probably get in the next week, will be a glimmer boost.

Edit: The one I'm looking forward to the is the level 3 perk that awards extra loot when finishing a public event.