Iron Marines - from Ironhide Game Studio

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DD*

Iron Marines - from Ironhide Game Studio

Post by DD* »

Makers of the Kingdom Rush games! I downloaded it today but have not had much time to mess with it. IPhone screen is a little small, looks like this one is better on the iPad. I know what I'm doing tonight... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Carpet_pissr

Re: Iron Marines - from Ironhide Game Studio

Post by Carpet_pissr »

DD* wrote:Makers of the Kingdom Rush games! I downloaded it today but have not had much time to mess with it. IPhone screen is a little small, looks like this one is better on the iPad. I know what I'm doing tonight... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How in the world did I miss both this post and the release of this!? Anyone else played it? Is it as good as KR?
DD*

Post by DD* »

No, it is not KR. Not tower defense at all. Fun, but IMHO not as good as their KR games.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, crap. Somehow completely missed the fact that it's not TD before I clicked BUY. :(

It seems to have the same loving touches on the dev side as the KR's did, but the strategy of the previous games is just not there. It's basically a click fest, whereas you really had to plan and think at least somewhat deeply about placement and timing, in KR. That, IMO, was the magic sauce of the KR series which is not evident here.

I for one, would be ecstatic with another game with the exact same mechanics as KR, but maybe in this Iron Marine universe. Sure, it's just window dressing, but I am ok with that, the underlying balance and gameplay was so good in the first one.