SNES game values?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

SNES game values?

Post by Blackhawk »

We just got lucky and picked up an original SNES in excellent shape with two controllers, all the cables, and about a dozen games, all for $45. The plan is to give it to the kids for Christmas this year. The only problem is that the games are awful - all sports and fishing. I'd like to pick up a few titles - Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, maybe a Zelda and/or a Final Fantasy or two.

Does anyone know where to go to find the actual prices for these things? People on the net are charging prices that are all over the place. There are some that are $10 one place and $400 somewhere else. I'm not looking to either mortgage the house or pay for some scammer's summer home.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Re: SNES game values?

Post by Isgrimnur »

Gamestop has over 150 SNES listings on their website.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Step 1: sell SNES.
Step 2: pre-order SNES Classic.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zaxxon wrote:Step 1: sell SNES.
Step 2: pre-order SNES Classic.
Step 2 is the issue. I'm not interested in playing Cabbage Patch for games.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

A legit SNES is much better than an SNES Classic that has an unalterable set of games that may not be your top picks.
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

FTFY.

Seriously, setting up a RetroPie console is almost effortlessly simple, and you can then easily install the game ROMs you prefer (and, ahem, also own a physical copy of). Add some SNES-style USB controllers and you've got the full nostalgic experience without the headaches. Better yet, installing the Kodi media player also means you can use it as a nifty Netflix-esque media server.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
disarm

Post by disarm »

Or set up a Kodi box and try Internet Archive ROM Launcher...
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or just run it with the emulator and two USB SNES-like controllers I already have attached to the TV for playing old games.

As a gift for the kids this is more about the cool/fun factor of playing those games on the original system with the original controllers than it is access to the content. After all, most of the batteries on the SNES carts were only designed to last ten years. They've already got a PS2 (which plays PS1 games as well) and a Genesis attached to the TV in their room.
dangerballs

Post by dangerballs »

Blackhawk wrote:We just got lucky and picked up an original SNES in excellent shape with two controllers, all the cables, and about a dozen games, all for $45. The plan is to give it to the kids for Christmas this year. The only problem is that the games are awful - all sports and fishing. I'd like to pick up a few titles - Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Kart, maybe a Zelda and/or a Final Fantasy or two.

Does anyone know where to go to find the actual prices for these things? People on the net are charging prices that are all over the place. There are some that are $10 one place and $400 somewhere else. I'm not looking to either mortgage the house or pay for some scammer's summer home.
Game Value Now and Video Game Price Charting are some good places to start.

You can also check out ebay and click on the sold listing option to see what people have been paying for a particular game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i use an Everdrive ROM cartridge with my SNES - put an SD card with the game roms in the cartridge, put the cartridge in the console, and play the game ROMs on the actual hardware.