Through The Ages

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Ænima

Re: Through The Ages

Post by Ænima »

tgb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 pm Well, aren't I everybody's bitch? :D

That was a rough one, largely because I didn't draw a single defense card until Era III.
Sorry tgb. Didn't want to pile on, but it felt like it was the only way to stay ahead at that point.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Yep. I felt bad about it, but you were such an easy target! At least we now know the one sure way to lose in a four player game....

I'd be up for another game if there's interest. One of these days I'm going to win!
Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

I'm in.
words
tgb

Post by tgb »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 pm At least we now know the one sure way to lose in a four player game....
Change your name to tgb?

Anyway, you guys need a goat, so I'm in again. :grund:
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I’m in!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Game is created!
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Since the latest update, the game has stopped giving me notifications when it's my turn to play. So sorry for any long delays when it's my turn!
Black Lives Matter
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

Same here!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Good game all. And nice win Montag!
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

Grats again Montag. I've got family in town and am about to start a major new position at work, so you won't have tgb to kick around for a while.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

You guys up for another?
words
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Always!
Black Lives Matter
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I'm down.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ack! I tried creating a new game, but accidentally started it before everyone had joined!

On a side note, is there any specific way to know how many turns are left in a game? The last turn always seems to sneak up on me and leads to mistakes I wouldn’t have made in the previous turn. In the last game, for example, I definitely wouldn’t have spent my second to last turn building up my military since no wars can be started on the last turn of the game anyway...

Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

The number of cards left or played is shown in the card line.
words
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm Ack! I tried creating a new game, but accidentally started it before everyone had joined!

On a side note, is there any specific way to know how many turns are left in a game? The last turn always seems to sneak up on me and leads to mistakes I wouldn’t have made in the previous turn. In the last game, for example, I definitely wouldn’t have spent my second to last turn building up my military since no wars can be started on the last turn of the game anyway...
Yeah, you can see how many cards are left in the yellow deck. It's a guess whether or not the deck will run out and cause Age IV to trigger though, as it depends how many cards are taken from the row. Once Age IV triggers, everyone gets at least one more turn starting with the first player. If it's in the middle of the round, the current round will finish and then everyone gets one more turn. I also only found out recently that you can tap on the yellow deck and see what cards have yet to come out in an age. Very handy!
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Is anyone still playing this? I just picked it up on PC and am really enjoying it, even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't registered for multiplayer yet, but I would if anyone here is up for a game.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I certainly would be up for a game. I haven't played it for awhile but should still have it installed.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Cool. I'll sign up for multiplayer tonight and come back to post my name.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I think I have it on ipad.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Montag

Post by Montag »

I would play.
words
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I'm signed up as AWS260. Sent around some friend requests. Zarathud, I don't know your Through the Ages name.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

AWS260 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:24 am Is anyone still playing this? I just picked it up on PC and am really enjoying it, even though I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't registered for multiplayer yet, but I would if anyone here is up for a game.
I picked it up on a Steam sale a few days ago.

I played through the tutorial and my first 2 games against 1 training AI opponent. Lost the first game by 6 points.

I won the second game by about 15 points :dance:, but it wouldn't let me take a screen shot. :cry:

I don't think I'm ready for an online game yet. Let's see if I can complete with a better AI. I still don't have a real understanding of blue boxes, corruption, food, unhappy workers, etc. You know those unimportant little details.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

I've been playing non-stop since I got it a month ago. I've owned the board game for a couple of years. It's Moat_Girl's favourite board game as matter of fact. Since she went to university we got the digital version so we could continue to play together. The digitial implementation is amazing.

I friend bombed everyone in this thread. Hope you don't mind. If anyone wants to play just let me know.

Oh yeah, the expansion is out on digital only right now (board game version to come next month). It's great!
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

My username is Ezehoia,

feel free to add me as well. I only play on iPhone though, I don't know if that makes a difference.
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I'm down to play whenever. I'm especially enjoying the new expansion content. I'm located in New Zealand though, so games with me tend to be rather slow paced.

I'm Benholio (I need tp for my bunghole)
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

That's what's so cool about the turn based timing factor ^^.

I live in Hong Kong so all my games are slow paced as well.
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

If anyone is interested in a casual Through the Ages tournament, let me know. Some friends of mine are organizing one and looking for a few more players.