Dropmix Anyone?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Scoop20906

Dropmix Anyone?

Post by Scoop20906 »

I just pick this up so I could play with my teenager and we had some fun with it. My guy got right to organizing the cards and then we messed around with different picks. I instantly realized I wanted more cards but hoping this is something I can pick up at a target or walmart (no far no).

Anyone tried this out? If you have some coolmixes please feel free to share in this thread.

Dropmix
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: Dropmix Anyone?

Post by Scoop20906 »

OH MAN!! They were handing this out at PAX? I want this bad but not at that price!!!

Enlarge Image

Pax West 2017 Exclusive Transformers Dropmix Card Harmonix

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

One of my first Dropmix mixes. My 7 month old likes to bounce to it.

https://youtu.be/zBj2YlCQMjA

I wish the export will have the full song but still pretty neat tech.

Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I'm curious about this, but the buy in price plus the collectible model really turns me off. I'm also not at all clear what the actual game is. So far, most of what I've seen makes it look like just dropping cards on the board and seeing what it sounds like. That's a neat toy, but not for the price.

I'm sure there's a game here. I'm also willing to bet that it's another instance of Harmonix designing a thing that's really neat, but that's also too complicated for anyone but the hardcore to really understand beyond a basic level.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can't disagree. It is a $99+ toy but I have to say the accessibility of doing it with other people sold it for me. It can easily be both a solitary or social experience. My step-son and I just chilled together and dropped and added cards in freestyle mode. Its kind of like a music exploration tool and its got some nice polish. As far as the card collecting thing, in the game you are supposed to be able to build decks and the play against other people. I'm not sure if I am interested in any of that but I do want to get more music tracks and see how they fit together.

But, I agree this is not cheap.